- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 100%Free Health Check-up
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
We promise limited calls
IRDAI Proposes Fitness Discounts In Health Insurance
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 2302 -
Modified 24 March 2017
In an exposure draft on Health Insurance Regulations 2016, Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) stated that insurance companies can provide fitness and well discounts at the time of renewal of premiums.
IRDAI also said that insurance companies promote fitness amongst health insurance policyholders by offering health-specific services, such as outpatient consultations or treatments, pharmaceuticals or health check-ups. Further, the cost for these services would have to be adjusted in the price of the underlying health insurance product.
Also, IRDAI said that the premiums charged from senior citizens for health insurance products should be fair, transparent, justified, and duly disclosed upfront. He added that in case of any underwriting loading charged as filed and cleared over and above the premium, the insured has to be informed in writing. Before issuance of a policy, a specific consent for such loadings has to be obtained from the policyholder.
Establishment of a separate channel, to look after the health-insurance-related claims and grievances of senior citizens, has also been called for by the regulator.
IRDAI has also presented its norms regarding 'combi products', which would be a combination of a health insurance policy and a life insurance policy. The regulator has stated that both the partners offering the parts of the combi products should make prior and clear disclosures. There would also be a 'lead' insurer in these products.
- Most Read
- Can I get a Health Policy if I have Allergies?
Date: 11 December 2017
- 9 Pointers for How You Can Best Utilise Your Health Insurance
Date: 06 December 2017
- How You Can Save Taxes with Medical Expenses
Date: 30 November 2017
- How You Can Choose the Best Health Insurance Plans for Senior Citizens
Date: 29 November 2017
- Why Family Health Insurance Plan Needs a Timely Re-evaluation
Date: 29 November 2017
- Best Health Insurance Plans in India
Views : 366077
- Top 10 Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 172758
- List of Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 143055
- Top 5 Maternity Insurance Plans
Views : 92741
- Health Insurance Claims Ratio- Things You Should Look Before Buying Health Insurance
Views : 66255