- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 100%Free Health Check-up
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
We promise limited calls
Magma HDI Developing New Industrial Risk Products
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 1672 -
Modified 24 March 2015
Magma HDI is likely to come up with new plans and processes as the prospect of economic restoration is expected to offer newer opportunities. The general insurance company is planning to sell health insurance policies and designing new products under the industrial risk cover space.
Magma HDI is a joint venture of non-bank lender Magma Fincorp and Germany’s HDI Gerling Industrie Versicherung AG. Earlier, for first six quarters it used to focus majorly on motor insurance, now, the company is targeting on 50% growth in this financial year as the prospect of FDI in insurance is increasing which would push up their business estimation.
Swaraj Krishna, Managing director and chief executive believe that the infrastructure projects will bring in good money along with economic growth and better opportunities for insurance companies. He added that the company will be more into creation of policies which would aim to cover risk in infrastructure projects and health insurance besides motor insurance. He also informed that a low cost structure has been created by the company to capture the rural and semi-urban pockets.
If the government allows, HDI Gerling would raise its stake from 26% to 49%, as per Krishna. Magma HDI would require Rs. 15 crore additional capital in FY16 to achieve their target of 50% growth wherein the premium income should increase from Rs 425 crore to Rs 650 crore.
Sajjan Kumar Kedia, chief financial officer said at a media interaction that the company is planning to make operating profit from current fiscal and break even in 2016-17 after setting aside all accumulated losses.
The company would be bringing up individual, family and group health insurance products along with plans that would introduce pre-loaded cash card for covering hospital cash requirement along with health products.
The plan is to create a product that would cover the risk of paying penalties in case the infrastructure project gets delayed because of unforeseen situations, except, land acquisition and political blockades.
- Most Read
- What are the Benefits of Buying Insurance Online?
Date: 13 October 2017
- 4 Things You Shouldn’t Ignore While Buying Maternity Plans
Date: 13 October 2017
- 10 Special Tax Benefits for Senior Citizens
Date: 29 September 2017
- How to Choose the Best Health Insurance Policy in India
Date: 28 September 2017
- How a Family Floater Health Plan Can Be The Saviour of Your Family?
Date: 26 September 2017
- Best Health Insurance Plans in India
Views : 327305
- Top 10 Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 133005
- List of Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 131676
- Top 5 Maternity Insurance Plans
Views : 77152
- Health Insurance Claims Ratio- Things You Should Look Before Buying Health Insurance
Views : 57551