- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 100%Free Health Check-up
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
We promise limited calls
New India Assurance and Rajasthan Govt. Sign MoU for Health Insurance
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 3152 -
Modified 24 March 2017
New India Assurance signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Medical and Health Department of Rajasthan to implement Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Yojana. The scheme will be implemented in December this year.
Under this scheme, e-health cards will be issued to provide quick cashless healthcare facilities. The Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Yojana will cover 1718 ailments which is the highest in India. The insurance coverage for the general ailment is Rs 30,000, while Rs 3 lakh has been decided for critical ailments. In Tamil Nadu, the coverage for critical illness is Rs 1.5 lakh, while in Maharashtra, the coverage is Rs 2.5 lakh.
In an interview with The Indian Express, Mrs. Vasundhara Raje, Chief Minister, Rajasthan, said, “Rajasthan is the third state to start a Health Insurance Scheme after Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu. More than 4.5 crore people will benefit from the quality cashless healthcare facilities through private and public healthcare providers under the scheme.”
The enactment of the Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Yojana will ascertain that people of the state get all benefits related to healthcare which are not being available to people in other states such as Tamil Nadu and Maharashtra under their health insurance schemes. The implementation of the scheme in Rajasthan will increase the possibilities of opening of quality private hospitals in rural parts of the state, which in turn will ease the pressure on government hospitals.
- Most Read
- What you need to know about the Group Health Insurance Today?
Date: 19 July 2018
- How to use Mediclaim Policy Premium Calculator to Calculate Premium?
Date: 28 February 2018
- Best Family Health Insurance Plans for Expecting Parents in India
Date: 21 February 2018
- Top 8 Family Health Insurance Policies for 2018
Date: 21 February 2018
- Health Insurance for Differently-Abled Individuals
Date: 09 February 2018
- Top 10 Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 299152
- List of Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 180249
- Top 5 Maternity Insurance Plans
Views : 156185
- Health Insurance Claims Ratio- Things You Should Look Before Buying Health Insurance
Views : 97859
- How does GST Impact your Insurance Premium?
Views : 62340