- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day*
*Standard T&C Apply
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
New India Assurance and Rajasthan Govt. Sign MoU for Health Insurance
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 5316 -
Updated date : 24 March 2017
New India Assurance signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Medical and Health Department of Rajasthan to implement Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Yojana. The scheme will be implemented in December this year.
Under this scheme, e-health cards will be issued to provide quick cashless healthcare facilities. The Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Yojana will cover 1718 ailments which is the highest in India. The insurance coverage for the general ailment is Rs 30,000, while Rs 3 lakh has been decided for critical ailments. In Tamil Nadu, the coverage for critical illness is Rs 1.5 lakh, while in Maharashtra, the coverage is Rs 2.5 lakh.
In an interview with The Indian Express, Mrs. Vasundhara Raje, Chief Minister, Rajasthan, said, “Rajasthan is the third state to start a Health Insurance Scheme after Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu. More than 4.5 crore people will benefit from the quality cashless healthcare facilities through private and public healthcare providers under the scheme.”
The enactment of the Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Yojana will ascertain that people of the state get all benefits related to healthcare which are not being available to people in other states such as Tamil Nadu and Maharashtra under their health insurance schemes. The implementation of the scheme in Rajasthan will increase the possibilities of opening of quality private hospitals in rural parts of the state, which in turn will ease the pressure on government hospitals.
- Most Read
- What is the Grace Period in Health Insurance Plans?
Date: 16 January 2020
- What are the Best Medical Insurance Plans for Pre-existing Diseases?
Date: 14 January 2020
- Which is Better Health or Term Insurance?
Date: 13 January 2020
- Things to Check before Buying a Second Health Insurance Plan
Date: 02 January 2020
- Does Family Size Impact Your Health Insurance Cost?
Date: 23 December 2019
- Top 10 Health Insurance Companies in India 2020
Views : 600913
- Top 5 Maternity Insurance Plans
Views : 341543
- List of Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 264180
- Top 8 Family Health Insurance Policies in India 2020
Views : 231154
- Health Insurance Claims Ratio- Things You Should Look Before Buying Health Insurance
Views : 170111
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator
- Travel Insurance Calculator