*All savings are provided by the insurer as per the IRDAI approved insurance plan. Standard T&C Apply
*Tax benefit is subject to changes in tax laws. Standard T&C Apply
As residents of a developing nation, we are exposed to the risk of contracting various illnesses. Despite thorough maintaining an active lifestyle, we are prone to various illnesses. A lot of factors such as pollution and food adulteration come into action and impose a constant strength to our immunity. That being said, medical inflation makes it impossible for middle-class people to access quality healthcare.
This is where health insurance plans come to the rescue. In health insurance market, there are plenty of insurance plans to choose from. Opting for an adequate health plan is quite a task. Health insurance policies range from individual policies, family floaters policies, maternity insurance policies, personal accident policies, critical illness policies, group insurance policies to senior citizen policies.
Manipal Cigna health insurance offers comprehensive health plans. You can research, shortlist plans that fit the bill and compare those plan and zero down on a plan that fulfills your insurance expectations.
When you buy health insurance, your insurance provider guarantees to cover certain pre-decided medical expenses on the basis of the plan that you opt for. Some policies offer medical insurance coverage for individuals while some offer medical insurance coverage for families, groups etc.
The individual health plan provides insurance coverage only to one individual who will enjoy insurance benefits after paying health insurance premium.
Benefits and Key Features of Individual Health Plan
1. Individual Specific Coverage-It offers health insurance coverage, especially for individuals.
2. Enhanced Insurance Coverage- It provides insurance coverage for pre-decided medical expenses of the insured on the basis of the opted plan.
3. Exclusive Sum Insured- An insured gets sum insured exclusively to himself/herself as he doesn’t have to share it with anybody.
4. Hospitalization Coverage-It covers hospitalization expenses such as room rent, laboratory tests, doctor’s fees, and surgery expenses etc. incurred by the insured person.
5. Lifetime Renewal- It comes with the option of lifetime renewability.
6. Tax Benefit- It offers tax deductions as per Section 80D of the IT act.
7. Pre & Post Hospitalization Costs- It covers pre and post hospitalization costs.
8. Critical Illness Coverage-It provides insurance coverage for critical illnesses.
9. Covers High Insurance Risks-It is ideal for individuals having higher exposure to health-related risks.
10. No Maximum Age of Entry- It comes with no restriction on the maximum entry age.
A family floater plan covers several family members in a single health insurance plan paying a single insurance premium annually. If there are multiple illnesses, the amount insured can be shared between family members and multiple claims can be availed.
Rather than buying separate individual health plans for each family member, it is better to buy a family floater health insurance plan and enjoy maximum insurance benefits.
1. Amount Insured Can Be Enhanced- If needed, the sum insured of a family floater plan can be enhanced to cover various insured members of a family.
2. Cashless Hospitalization Benefit- The insured can enjoy a cashless hospitalization benefit if he/she intimate his/her insurance provider within 24 hours of his/her hospitalization in a network listed hospital.
3. Hospitalization Benefit- It covers room rent expenses, lab tests, doctor fees and surgery expenses etc. incurred by the insured person during.
4. High Sum Insured- It comes with high sum assured because it is shared by a family.
5. Tax Benefit- It offers tax deductions as per Section 80D of the IT act.
6. Pre & Post Hospitalization Costs- It covers pre & post hospitalization costs.
Manipal Cigna health insurance formulated a wide range of health insurance plans and backed their health insurance plans through its customer support service. In order to offer around the clock customer support, the company invested in latest technologies for offering smooth claims support.
You can file multiple claims with Manipal Cigna health insurance up to your amount insured limit. There are two ways of filing claims, both are mentioned below:
In order to avail cashless treatment, you must seek medical treatment in a network-listed hospital of Manipal Cigna health insurance. Here are the two ways of filing a cashless claim.
The officials will verify your details & submit a duly-filled & signed pre-authorization request form to Manipal Cigna health insurance. The pre-authorization request will get an approval within 1 hour 30 minutes of receiving the request.
If you have a health plan from Manipal Cigna Health Insurance Company then you know how to initiate a claim request. Moreover if you are still deciding, you can speak to our customer care team to know more about Manipal Cigna health plans.