- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 100%Free Health Check-up
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
We promise limited calls
Preferred Provider Organisation Expansion In 2014
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 1479 -
Modified 24 March 2017
In 2014, Preferred Provider Organisation (PPO) is anticipated to have eminence with large number of hospitals coming in this sector. PPO is basically a health arrangement which provides the right of selecting the doctor and hospital to the participant. Better number of hospital tie-up is expected to occur with the introduction of unique identity numbers for hospitals by Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) and Insurance Information Bureau (IIB).
The increasing health insurance claim expenses have offered escalating losses which has become a concern for many. In order to downsize health cost via PPO, public general insurers have come up with a mechanism where, an insured can have cashless treatment in the hospitals which have agreed to the preferential pricing.
During emergency, an individual can even select the hospital which is not in the list of PPO and the reimbursement of the charges will be done under the policy.
A senior official highlighted the importance of unique number system by IIB as now they are likely to receive ample data related to hospitals subsequently many of them would not get registered under PPO.
The consistent rates displayed by PPO are not sounding reasonable for many hospitals and hence they don’t wish to be a part of PPO. But insurers have a brighter hope of these hospitals joining PPO as they expect to have a clear data of the extra charges paid for each medical procedure.
- Most Read
- Five Tips on Making the Most of Health Policy Top-Up Plans
Date: 01 August 2018
- Safeguard Your Medical Concerns with the Right Health Insurance Plan
Date: 28 December 2017
- Here’s How You Can Safeguard Your Future from Accidental Deaths
Date: 22 December 2017
- How You Can Save Taxes with Medical Expenses
Date: 30 November 2017
- Why One Needs Health Insurance with High-risk Cover
Date: 28 November 2017
- Best Health Insurance Plans in India
Views : 571759
- Here’s the Difference between Health Insurance and Mediclaim
Views : 65898
- Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
Views : 40930
- Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY)
Views : 37651
- भारत में सर्वश्रेष्ठ हेल्थ इन्शुरन्स प्लान्स
Views : 37295