Star Health Insurance for Senior Citizens
Updated 31 December 2019
Attaining the age of sixty is a milestone for every person. It is the time when one has to get more serious and careful about health. Health insurance is a must for every person, but more so for anyone who attains the age of 60. As it is, the cost of quality healthcare is skyrocketing and with the lifestyle we are leading, a burgeoning increase in medical expenses is not surprising. In fact, the medical expenses are growing about 15% every year.
Star health has schemes that offer senior citizen health insurance that can cater to the specific needs of the elderly. Star health provides insurance plans for the senior citizens that are beneficial for both their peace of mind and health. Here we have some health insurance policies by Star Health:
Senior Citizens Red Carpet Health Insurance
This lifetime health benefits insurance can provide a lasting cover to the elderly. Here are the special features for your perusal.
- The minimum entry age for availing the insurance policy is 60 years and the maximum is 75 years.
- This policy guarantees lifelong rewards to senior citizens.
- Insurance coverage is available for all kinds of pre-existing diseases after 12 months of policy commencement.
Coverage for Medical consultations and Out-Patient expenses is provided.
Benefits of the Senior Citizens Red Carpet Health Insurance policy
- The expenses of Boarding, Nursing and Room will be borne by the insurer are equal to 1 percent of the entire sum insured, subject to the maximum of Rs. 6,000/- per day.
- 2 percent of the whole insured sum the charges of ICU up to per day
- The fees of consultation, surgeon, specialist, medical practitioner, and anesthetist are subjected to the maximum limit of 25 percent of the entire sum insured per hospitalization.
- The charges of blood, anesthesia, oxygen, pacemaker, operation theatre up to 50 percent of the entire insured amount per hospitalization.
- In-patient expenses of not more than 7 percent of the total sum insured
- Post-hospitalization charges associated with consultation, surgery, medicines, diagnostics and drugs are subjected to a maximum limit of Rs 5000/- for every occurrence. But, it should be recommended by a Medical Practitioner.
- Ambulance charges are limited to Rs. 600/- for every hospitalization with the upper limit of Rs. 1200/- per policy period. The term period of the policy is 1 year.
Family Health Optima Insurance Plan
This plan is a complete family health insurance policy that includes all the expenses that are incurred in the hospital. Due to the fact that the whole family is covered in a single plan, considerable savings can be made in the long run. Here is more about this Star Health Insurance Plan:
Prime Features of the Star Family Health Optima Insurance Plan
- Broad cover for the treatment of the family due to accidents and illnesses
- Benefits of insurance coverage that covers the insured before, during, after the hospitalization
- The whole family gets the insurance coverage by a single premium.
- There is no medical screening until the age of 50 years and post that, the medical checkup is conducted at the expense of the company.
- Preexisting diseases are covered right after the completion of 48 months of availing a continuous insurance service.
What is covered by Star Health Insurance in Star Family Health Optima Insurance Plan?
- In-patient costs that include the room rent. But to avail in-patient benefits, the insured must be hospitalized for a minimum duration of 24 hours.
- Nursing and boarding expenses
- Fees that are paid to the medical specialist, anesthetist, surgeon and/or consultant
- Charges incurred while hiring the ambulance or emergency services for the purpose of transportation of the insured patient to the hospital
- Expense of drugs and medicines
- Pre and post hospitalization expenses
Star Comprehensive Insurance Policy
Star health comprehensive insurance policy offers Delivery and New Born Cover, expenses incurred on Ophthalmological and Dental Treatment, Hospital Cash benefit and more.
Benefits of Star comprehensive Insurance Policy
The insurance policy covers:
- Expenses of the room (Ac/Standard room), Nursing and Boarding Expenses.
- Fees of Anesthetist, Consultants, Surgeon, and Specialists
- Charges incurred on Oxygen, Anesthesia, Operation Theatre, Drugs and Medicine, Surgical Appliances, Chemotherapy, Dialysis, Diagnostic Materials, X-ray, Pacemaker and Radiotherapy
- The Pre-hospitalization charges due to an illness but only within 30 days prior to the hospitalization.
Medi-Classic Insurance Policy (Individual)
Through the Medi-classic insurance policy of Star Health Insurance, non-allopathic medications are covered to some extent.
Benefits of Medi-Classic Insurance Policy (Individual)
The policy will cover the following:
- Boarding, nursing, room expenses- but only up to 2 percent of the Amount insured, subject to the maximum limit of Rs 5000/- per day.
- Fees of Anesthetist, Consultants, Surgeon and/or Specialists
- Charges incurred on Oxygen, Anesthesia, Operation Theatre, Drugs and Medicines, Surgical Appliances, Chemotherapy, Dialysis, Diagnostic Materials, X-ray, Pacemaker and Radiotherapy
- Charges for emergency ambulance service up to Rs 750/- per day for every hospitalization and maximum of Rs 1,500/- per policy period.
- Pre-hospitalization expenses within 30 days prior to the hospitalization.
- In-patient expenses for a minimum of 24 hours.
- Post-hospitalization costs of up to 7%, subject to a maximum of Rs. 5000/-
The policy also provides renewal benefits. For every block of 4 claim-free years, 1 percent of the average amount insured can be claimed for health check-ups, which is subjected to a maximum limit of Rs 5000/-.
This specific benefit is offered for only for a sum insured of Rs. 2 lakh and above.
For every claim-free year, a No Claim Bonus of 5% is also offered but only up to a maximum of 25% of the basic sum insured.
Add on Covers for this Policy:
- Hospital Cash: Hospital cash benefit of Rs. 1000/- will be offered for every full day of hospitalization, subject to a maximum duration of 7 days for every hospitalization and 14 days for a policy period. However, the day of admission the day of discharge will not be considered for this benefit. Neither can it be claimed against a hospitalization for any physiotherapy or/and epidemic. This specific benefit is appropriate for the persons who wish to be insured without any capping on the hospital allowance even during old age.
- Patient Care: It will take care of the charges incurred in employing an attendant at one’s residence immediately after discharge, but only if advised by the physician attending the patient. It can be claimed up to the limit of Rs. 400/- per day for 5 days at once and a maximum of 14 days in a year. There will be no payment for the first day.
The basic sum insured shall be automatically restored by 200 percent, but will be done only once during the entire policy period. This shall be done immediately after the exhaustion of the specified coverage limit. This restored amount can be used only for the purpose of the treatment of diseases or illnesses.
With all the plans at your disposal, you can now choose a Star Health Insurance and put your health-expense-related worries to rest.
You May Also Like
Health Insurance Plans for Parents Above 55-60 Years
Updated: 20 January 2020 -
Are you planning to buy health insurance for your parents? Well, the Indian Insurance market is currently flooded with healthcare plans specifically designed for senior citizens or elderly parents above 60 years. And man...read more
Best Health Insurance Plans for Senior Citizens in 2020
Updated: 09 January 2020 -
What an irony it is, the older you get, the less affordable health insurance becomes. There is a gamut of insurers offering health plans for healthy individuals and why not, they prove to be a profitable proposition for ...read more
Health Insurance Plans for Parents Above 55-60 Years
Updated: 02 January 2020 -
Parents labour hard to bring us up and they put their heart and soul in nurturing us. So, it becomes our duty to take care of our parents as health problems and issues become part of their life when they grow old. Taking...read more
Government Plans Health Insurance Scheme for Senior Citizens
Updated: 02 January 2020 -
As they age, senior citizens tend to become more and more dependent on their family and their medical expenses usually rise as well. Without a proper medical insurance, their medical expenses can become a real burden on ...read more
Health Insurance Comparison Chart For Senior Citizens in India
Updated: 10 January 2020 -
Health insurance is something which is required by people of every age. Phew! No more of worries related to high medical bills, emergency treatments or day care procedures as medical insurance has come like a savoir for ...read more