Reliance Personal Accident Insurance
Reliance Personal Accident Insurance
Reliance General Insurance Company is one of the leading general insurance companies in India with various insurance solutions or plans. The plan varies from health insurance plans, motor insurance plans, marine insurance plans, travel insurance plans and a host of other general insurance plans to cater to the requirements of insurance plans for several aspects of life.
Insurance plans from Reliance general are a ideal mix of the healthcare know how, proficiency and local knowledge of health and insurance requirements and needs. The company has several health insurance plans as well as personal accident plans which forms a comprehensive insurance plans covering all types of risks . Personal Accident Plans plugs an important role in the insurance portfolio of an individual. Firstly, it provides a tremendous financial support to the policy holder if he/she is disabled after an accident resulting to permanent total disability, temporary total disability and even an unfortunate death. Secondly, the enormity or the degree of injuries doesn’t matter, minor injuries are also usually cover dune the plan. Reliance General Personal Accident insurance plans have all encompassing plans which acts as a cushion to cover the risks associated with an accident.
Personal Accident Plans by Reliance General gives the flexibility to cover the sudden eventualities and unforeseen circumstances.
We will see a brief overview of Reliance General’s Personal Accident Plan.
Personal Accident Plan
Personal Accident Plan covers a host of risks which is associated with an unforeseen circumstance like accidents. Accidents not only change an individual’s life but members who are associated with the victim also get affected very badly. Hence one should always look for a complete plan which will not only take care of one own self but also will look after the family members and the associated expenses. The coverage or the specified events under the plan can be summarized as follows:
- Accidental Death Plan.
- Permanent Total Disability Plan.
- Permanent Partial Disability Plan.
- Temporary Total Disability Plan.
Let’s look into the above plans individually:
Accidental Death Plan : In case of Death due to bodily injury which is caused due to Accident solely and directly, 100% of the sum assured is paid.
Permanent Total Disability Plan : This plan will cover upto 100% of principal sum insured in case of Permanent Total Disability. 100% of Sum Insured is paid in the event of loss of two limbs or two eye sights or one limb and one eye.50% of sum insured is paid in case of loss of one limb and one eye.
Under this plan will mean disablement of the Insured Person in performing at least one of the below mentioned actions:
- Unable to Work: This means that the insured person will not be able to work ever in his life time in any occupation or employment.
- Loss of use of limbs or sight: This means that the insured person suffers from total and irrecoverable loss of the use of two limbs OR both eye sight OR the use of one limb and the sight of one eye.
- Loss of independent living: This will include when the insured person is unable to perform three or more tasks independently. The tasks can be classified as :
Permanent Partial Disability Plan : A certain percentage of sum insured is paid under Permanent Partial Disability plan.
Temporary Total Disability Plan: 1% of Sum Insured will be paid per week in case to total disability, sum not exceeding Rs 5000/- per week for a maximum of 100 weeks.
Add On Coverage under the plan
The plan has also some added benefits:
- Carriage of Mortal Remains
A lumpsum of 2% of capital sum insured will be paid for transportation in case of accidental death outside the residence ( subject to maximum of Rs 2500).
- Medical Expenses Benefit
The plan can be extended to cover the medical expenses upon payment of extra premium. Benefit upto 40% of the compensation paid in settlement of a valid claim under the plan or 20% of the relevant sum insured, whichever is lesser.
Of duty and On duty Cover : This plan can be given to employees for a reduced premium.
Eligibility of the plan
Individuals aged between 5 years to 70 years are eligible to apply for this plan. This plan can be issued to group of persons. It can also be availed by employers for their employees or by any Institution/ Society/ Club for their members.
Features and Benefits
- The plan offers comprehensive cover for death, permanent disability and temporary disability.
- Additional coverage is also offered under the plan.
- Option for an off duty and on duty cover.
- Extension can be availed for medical expenses.
- Under this plan, the coverage is available worldwide.
- Fast and hassle free documentation.
Exclusions under the plan
Following are the exclusions which are applicable under this plan:
- Suicide or self injected injury irrespective of the Insured person being sane or insane.
- Claims in the same period of insurance plan exceeding the capital sum insured.
- Compensation due to death or disablement arising out of
- Suicide or attempted suicide.
- War and nuclear perils.
- Pregnancy and /or child birth.
- Ionizing radiation or radioactivity.
Claims under the plan
Simple and hassle free claims are provided by Reliance General for their insurance plans. One should contact at the toll free number immediately after the incident followed by furnishing the below mentioned information:
- Contact Number.
- Policy Number.
- Name of the insured person who is injured.
- Date and time of accident.
- Location of the accident.
- Brief narration of the accident.
- Extent of loss.
- Place and contact details of the insured person.
- One can reach at the toll free number or email at rgicl[dot]services[at]relianceada[dot]com.
- If someone is not satisfied with the response, then one can email – Nodal Officer at rgicl[dot]grievances[at]relianceada[dot]com.
- The next level of escalation is one can email at Head Grievances at rgicl[dot]headgrievances[at]relianceada[dot]com.
- The last step will be the Insurance Ombudsman for further redressal.
Reliance Personal Accident Insurance- FAQs
1. How to pay a premium? What are the modes of payment available?
The Reliance General Insurance Company offers 2 modes of premium payment namely:
- Cash payment at the branch
- Online Payment
For the online payment mode, the policyholder can pay via;
- Credit Card
- Debit Card using ATM PIN
- Debit card using 3 D secure
- Net banking
2. How can I check policy status for Reliance personal accident insurance?
You can check the policy status online, with username amd password in the Login tab, on the home page.
3. What is the policy renewal process for Reliance personal accident insurance?
You can go for the online renewal on the website of the company. To renew the policy online you need to provide current policy details, such as policy number, Name, Vehicle registration number, e-mail address and contact details. Then you can have a premium calculation and if you proceed for the payment it will carry you to the payment gateways. As soon as you pay the premium, your policy is renewed.
4. What is the company’s process to settle claim for Reliance personal accident insurance?
To settle the claim you can intimate the company by filling a form online and uploading relevant documents.
Upon successful acceptance of the process, the claims is settled with a week.
5. What is the policy cancellation process for Reliance personal accident insurance?
Submit the policy documents with surrender form at the nearest branch. Upon successful proceeding, the refund is deposited directly in your bank account and the policy stand cancelled.
- Apollo Munich Personal Accident
- Bajaj Allianz Personal Accident
- Bharti AXA Personal Accident
- Cholamandalam Personal Accident
- Future Generali Personal Accident
- HDFC Ergo Personal Accident
- IFFCO Tokio Personal Accident
- Max Bupa Personal Accident
- National Insurance Personal Accident
- New India Assurance Personal Accident
- Oriental Insurance Personal Accident
- Raheja QBE Personal Accident
- Royal Sundaram Personal Accident
- SBI General Personal Accident
- Shriram General Personal Accident
- Tata AIG Personal Accident
- United India Personal Accident
- Universal Sompo Personal Accident
- What is the Grace Period in Health Insurance Plans?
- What are the Best Medical Insurance Plans for Pre-existing Diseases?
- Which is Better Health or Term Insurance?
- Can I Get Health Insurance If I am above 70 Years?
- Things to Check before Buying a Second Health Insurance Plan
- Does Family Size Impact Your Health Insurance Cost?
- Savings Calculator
- Income Tax Calculator
- Human Life Value Calculator
- Pension Calculator
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator
- Travel Insurance Calculator