- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 100%Free Health Check-up
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
We promise limited calls
Key Benefits of Taking Oriental Insurance Mediclaim
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 4825 -
Modified 21 November 2017
The Oriental Insurance Company is a well-known insurance company, which is known for offering some of the best insurance covers to an individual and the family. This company came into existence in the year 1947, and since then has managed to come a long way. It is also known for offering various health insurance covers, which have various key benefits.
Individual Mediclaim Policy
This Oriental Insurance mediclaim offers various benefits to the insured wherein an individual is free to claim the following expenses:
- Hospitalization that lasts for more than one day due to ill-health, sickness or surgery can be claimed.
- Pre and post hospitalization charges can be claimed, which includes 30 days before and 60 days after the period of hospitalization.
- For ill-health, which does not require hospitalization for more than 24 hours and only includes day care expenses can also be claimed.
- Ambulance charge, which is either 1% of the sum insured or maximum to the amount of 2000.
- Dental treatment which is carried out due to an accident is also claimable
- Organ donation expense which is incurred during the process of organ transplantation.
- Domiciliary treatment which includes expense incurred for conducting treatment at home for a period of more than 3 days. Such treatment if not carried out at would otherwise require hospitalization.
|You may also like to Read: Top Family Health Insurance plans|
Happy Family Floater Policy
It is one of the best health insurance plans, which can be taken to cover all the family members under the same plan. Herein, each member is covered under a common sum insured. There are two plans for insured i.e. silver and gold plan. Following are some of the benefits:
- Room charges include charges of nurse can be claimed; however, it should not exceed 1% of the sum insured.
- Claimable ICU charges which should not be more than 2% for a day.
- Fees for doctors like anesthetist, surgeon, consultant or specialist can be claimed.
- Ambulance charges in case of the silver plan are restricted to 1000 per illness, and cannot exceed 1% of the sum insured or Rs. 3000. However, in case of the gold plan the charges are 2000 per illness, which cannot exceed 1% of sum insured or Rs. 6000.
- In case of the gold plan, attendant expenses can be claimed on hospitalization of a child within the age of 3 to 10 years. However, such claims may not exceed Rs. 500 per day.
- Claimable treatment for animal bite shall not exceed Rs. 5000.
- For a treatment carried out at home, which otherwise requires hospitalization is permissible to the extent of 10% of sum insured. In case of the silver plan, the maximum amount is 25000, whereas it cannot exceed 50000 in case of the gold plan.
Overseas Mediclaim policy
This plan is offered under the scope of Oriental Insurance mediclaim, which includes various benefits for insured as mentioned below;
- Hospital and other medical services can be claimed. It also includes transport fare of an emergency ambulance service.
- Dental treatment can be claimed up to USD 225 such that immediate relief can be given to the patient. However if in case the dental treatment is because of an accident, it should be covered to the extent of insurance cover opted by an individual.
- If no suitable care is available locally, then individuals can opt for an emergency medical evacuation plan. For insured being covered under overseas Mediclaim can easily claim such expenses.
- If the person has died abroad, then the transport cost for sending his remains to India can be claimed under the policy.
With a variety of insurance plans offered by the company, an individual can make a choice of the best health insurance plan, which suits their requirements and sufficiently meets expenses of the insured, in case of urgency.
- Most Read
- Alarming! 32 Percent of Indian Population Suffers from Thyroid
Date: 29 March 2018
- Why do Patients of Hypertension Need Health Insurance?
Date: 29 March 2018
- Why is Health Insurance Necessary for Asthma Patients?
Date: 29 March 2018
- Family Health Insurance vs Family Floater Plan: What to Buy?
Date: 22 March 2018
- How to use Mediclaim Policy Premium Calculator to Calculate Premium?
Date: 28 February 2018
- Best Health Insurance Plans in India
Views : 472398
- Top 10 Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 266507
- List of Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 171252
- Top 5 Maternity Insurance Plans
Views : 139854
- Health Insurance Claims Ratio- Things You Should Look Before Buying Health Insurance
Views : 90238