Another gift-giving holiday has just past us, and this time it was our moms’ turn to be pampered and showered with attention. The problem, though, is to come up with a thoughtful gift. No doubt, your mother will affectionately thank you for the candles and the flowers that you bought on your way to lunch. But those flowers will wither out after two days. And those candles? They will probably last a week or two. Clearly, neither of these superficial gifts can fit her stature. The least you owe her is a gift that makes sense and shows how much you really care for her.
How about giving your mother the gift of health? Nothing else can make her day more special than this. There is an old adage: "Buy health insurance when you don't want it, because you may not get it when you want it." Go for it now, but before that, here’s what you should know about health insurance plans for women.
Let’s look at some of the insurance plans you can choose from.
LIC’s Jeevan Bharti - I
It is a 'money back' policy, exclusively designed for women considering their needs and provides funds at regular intervals so that they can be utilized on occasions such as marriage, sickness, education etc.
- Flexibility to pay premiums in advance – the insured can pay the premiums of the next year in advance.
- Female Critical Illness (FCI) benefit – An amount equal to sum assured will be payable on occurrence of critical illness such as breast cancer, cervical cancer, ovarian / fallopian tube cancer, uterine cancer etc.
- Congenital Disabilities Benefit (CDB) – An amount equal to 50% of the sum assured will be payable on the birth of the child with predefined congenital disabilities such as down’s syndrome, spina bifida etc.
- Auto Cover - Life cover continues for 3 years despite non-payment of premium. However, this facility is available only if at least 2 years premium have been paid.
The Wellsurance Woman policy is a perfect health insurance for women that looks beyond her health insurance needs and ensures her well-being in all phases of life.
- Critical Illness Cover – the insured is covered against 11 specified critical illnesses, including heart attack, cancer, paralysis, kidney failure, stroke, and more.
- Cosmetic Reconstruction Surgery benefit – is provided for accidental injuries.
- Convalescence benefit – is provided for recovery after hospitalization.
- Daily cash benefit - In case, the policyholder is hospitalized, they can avail a daily cash benefit.
Bajaj Allianz's Critical Illness Cover for women
This is a women-specific critical illness insurance scheme that provides the protection against the risk of critical illnesses.
- Critical Illness Cover – The insured will be paid with the sum assured if diagnosed with any of the 8 specific critical illnesses, including breast cancer, burns, cervical cancer, ovarian cancer, and more.
- Congenital Disability Benefit - An amount equal to 50% of the sum assured will be payable under the plan on the birth of the child with any one or more of the congenital disabilities.
- Medical examination may be required depending on the insurer’s age
- Add-on benefits - children education loan and compensation for loss of job
Your mom has given you so much over the years, pay it forward this year, and give her a gift that gives back. Buy a health insurance plan today that will ensure her well-being in the later phases of her life.
So, what did you gift your mom this Mother’s Day?
- How Family Health Plan Can Keep You Out of Trouble
Date: 17 August 2017
- A Family Health Plan: Is It a Decisive Choice?
Date: 09 August 2017
- Be a Smart Brother; Gift your Sister a Health Insurance Policy This Rakhi
Date: 02 August 2017
- Why you shouldn't include Parents in Your Family Health Insurance Policy
Date: 04 July 2017
- How to Make Health Insurance a Perfect Deal for your Entire Family
Date: 28 June 2017