- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 100%Free Health Check-up
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
We promise limited calls
How Health Insurance Premium is Determined?
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 1921 -
Modified 12 December 2017
Health insurance provides for medical expenses in case the insured is hospitalized due to sickness or accident. The amount coverage depends on the Sum Assured taken while buying the policy. The premium paid depends on various elements too:
Age: Higher the age, more the premium. That is because as one gets older the medical expenses tend to increase. A young person would rarely require medical attention but same is not true for elderly people.
Health: A person’s fitness also determines health insurance premium. If a person is healthy then probability of him getting hospitalized due to illness is lower. At the same time, if the person has any genetic disease the premium would be higher or the disease may be excluded from the coverage.
Lifestyle: A person’s way of living also influences the health insurance premium. If a person’s lifestyle is susceptible to health risks like drinking or smoking, his premium may be higher.
Geographical Region: A person living in Tier I cities may have higher premium than a person living in Tier II or Tier III cities. The cost of healthcare in metro cities is more as compared to small cities.
Type of Health Plan: Premium also depends on whether it is individual plan or family floater plan. Family floater plan is expensive since the cover extends to complete family.
Amount of Coverage: The Sum Assured you choose also determines the health insurance premium. Higher the Sum Assured more will be the premium.
Additional Benefits: The health care plans offer many additional benefits like hospital cash, critical illness which will increase the premium nominally.
- Most Read
- Can I get a Health Policy if I have Allergies?
Date: 11 December 2017
- 9 Pointers for How You Can Best Utilise Your Health Insurance
Date: 06 December 2017
- How You Can Save Taxes with Medical Expenses
Date: 30 November 2017
- How You Can Choose the Best Health Insurance Plans for Senior Citizens
Date: 29 November 2017
- Why Family Health Insurance Plan Needs a Timely Re-evaluation
Date: 29 November 2017
- Best Health Insurance Plans in India
Views : 367576
- Top 10 Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 174393
- List of Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 143516
- Top 5 Maternity Insurance Plans
Views : 93441
- Health Insurance Claims Ratio- Things You Should Look Before Buying Health Insurance
Views : 66720