The COVID-19 pandemic gave everyone a first-hand experience of the havoc diseases can create. But it motivated a lot of people to move toward a healthy lifestyle and buy health insurance for their families. While buying medical insurance is important, it is equally important to know the diseases covered by the policy. Check out the list of diseases covered by Bharti AXA Health Insurance plans.
*All savings are provided by the insurer as per the IRDAI approved insurance plan. Standard T&C Apply
*Tax benefit is subject to changes in tax laws. Standard T&C Apply
Who would you like to insure?
Do you have an existing illness or medical history?
This helps us find plans that cover your condition and avoid claim rejection
What is your existing illness?
Select all that apply
When did you recover from Covid-19?
Some plans are available only after a certain time
Bharti AXA General Insurance Company offers a variety of health insurance plans to individuals, families as well as senior citizens. These plans cover the medical expenses incurred on surgeries, hospitalization, ambulance services, day care procedures, maternity, OPD consultations, etc. They are available for a range of sum insured, starting from Rs 50,000 to Rs 3 crore.
Moreover, Bharti AXA health insurance plans have more than 6500 network hospitals that offer cashless hospitalization facilities. The insurance company is also known for faster claim settlement through their mobile application and round the clock assistance team.
Here are the various health insurance plans offered by Bharti AXA General Insurance Company:
Take a look at the list of diseases covered by Bharti AXA Health Insurance plans below:
1. COVID-19 – COVID-19 or the coronavirus disease is a viral disease known to cause severe health complications. The treatment of the disease can get expensive if the patient’s oxygen level drops and hospitalization is required. However, your treatment expenses will be covered by the insurance company if you have a Bharti AXA COVID Shield policy, Bharti AXA Corona Kavach policy or the Bharti AXA Corona Rakshak policy.
2. Vector-borne Diseases – Vector-borne diseases refer to those diseases that are transmitted through infected mosquitoes, like dengue, malaria, chikungunya, etc. In severe cases, hospitalization may be required, which could lead to huge medical expenses. But with Bharti AXA Mashak (Mosquito) Rakshak plan and the Bharti AXA Family Shield plan, you do not have to worry about the medical bills as they will be covered by the insurance company.
3. Cancer – Cancer is a critical disease that occurs due to the abnormal and uncontrollable growth of body cells. Cancer treatment is expensive and continues for a long time. However, your treatment expenses will be covered by the insurance company if you have a Bharti AXA Critical Illness policy or a Bharti AXA Criti Shield Plus policy. Women can also avail cancer coverage under the Woman Cancer Shield plan.
4. Typhoid Fever – Typhoid fever is a gastrointestinal disease that is caused by the bacteria found in contaminated food and water. The disease may lead to health complications and thus, can be expensive to treat. But if you have the Bharti AXA Family Shield policy, your treatment cost will be paid by your insurance provider.
5. Critical Illness – Critical illness refer to a life-threatening disease that develops mostly due to hereditary reasons or poor lifestyle. Critical illness requires long-term treatments, including surgery, and thus, can dig a hole in your pockets. However, you do not have to worry about these medical bills if you have a Bharti AXA Critical Illness policy or Bharti AXA Criti Shield Plus policy as they will be covered by your insurer. Besides, most Bharti AXA health insurance plans provide coverage for critical illnesses.
6. Viral Diseases – Viral diseases are the diseases caused due to a virus. Their treatment can get expensive in case of severe health complications. But if you have a Bharti AXA Family Shield policy, your treatment cost will be paid by the insurance company.
7. Cataract – Cataract is a major eye disease that can lead to blindness. The only way to cure cataract is surgery, which can be difficult to afford for many. However, your cataract surgery cost will be covered by the insurance company if you have a Bharti AXA Arogya Sanjeevani policy. Moreover, cataract surgery cost is covered by most Bharti AXA health insurance plans.
8. Nervous System Diseases – Nervous system diseases are life-threatening diseases caused due to an infection in the nervous system. Such diseases are usually expensive to treat. But if you have a Bharti AXA Family Shield policy, your insurance company will pay for your treatment.
9. Heart Diseases – Heart diseases are life-threatening that occur when the cardiovascular system is not functioning properly. The treatment of heart diseases is expensive and may include multiple surgeries. However, your treatment cost will be paid by your insurance company if you have a Bharti AXA Criti Shield Plus policy or a Bharti AXA Critical Illness policy.
Bharti AXA General Insurance Company provides coverage for a wide range of diseases under its varied plans. Therefore, buying a Bharti AXA health insurance plan is a great idea. However, do not forget to check the list of diseases covered before you purchase a policy.
02 May 2023Health insurance plans often talk about two types of
06 Apr 2023Buying health insurance has become one of our top priorities
20 Mar 2023The seasonal H3N2 virus is rapidly spreading across India. As per
14 Feb 2023Health is the biggest wealth in the true sense. No matter how much
18 Jan 2023India is abuzz with a variety of health insurance plans to cater