- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 100%Free Health Check-up
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
We promise limited calls
Health Insurers to Bring Plans with Cashless Cover for OPD
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 2445 -
Modified 24 March 2017
Insurers like Royal Sundaram and Bajaj Allianz are working on products that reimburse expenses made for OPD, pharmacy and consultation. These expenses will be covered on a cashless basis.
Cashless cover for OPD has also been introduced by ICICI Lombard in 2014 for its corporate customers. "We are planning to come out with a standalone OPD product in the next financial year as customers genuinely feel the need for such a product. The cashless facility will be offered in the hospitals that are part of our network," — Suresh Sugathan, head, health insurance, Bajaj Allianz General.
"Hence, it is very natural that they will extend cashless OPD covers for retail policyholders too. This trend should catch on this year," — Mahavir Chopra, head, health, accident and life insurance at leading web insurance aggregator.
He also stated that Insurers will have to rely on a number of OPD clinics, doctors, and pharmacies to get preferred bulk rates. These upcoming products are expected to function like a prepaid card and will be able to swipe their card to pay the bills up to a set limit.
"We are contemplating bringing out an OPD product, but are in the process of navigating our way through the challenges on administering it," — Nikhil Apte, head, product factory (health), Royal Sundaram.
"OPD product has a challenge of overconsumption by customers as they can just walk into a chemist shop or a dentist and avail medicines, tests, consultation and we don't have", he added.
- Most Read
- How to use Mediclaim Policy Premium Calculator to Calculate Premium?
Date: 28 February 2018
- Best Family Health Insurance Plans for Expecting Parents in India
Date: 21 February 2018
- Top 5 Family Health Insurance Policies for 2018
Date: 21 February 2018
- New India Assurance Senior Citizen Mediclaim Policy
Date: 20 February 2018
- Star Health Insurance for Senior Citizens
Date: 13 February 2018
- Best Health Insurance Plans in India
Views : 425777
- Top 10 Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 233113
- List of Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 161569
- Top 5 Maternity Insurance Plans
Views : 122241
- Health Insurance Claims Ratio- Things You Should Look Before Buying Health Insurance
Views : 83089