Bharti AXA Smart Super Top Up Insurance
Health insurance is designed to provide a protective umbrella in medical emergencies needing hospitalization. The safety net provided by Bharti AXA Smart Super Top Up Insurance offers the freedom to access expensive quality healthcare. Bharti AXA Smart Super Top Up Insurance Policy augments the sum insured in accord with a matching base policy at a fraction of its premium, but with similar benefits.
Bharti AXA Smart Super Top Up Insurance: Key Highlights
||Individual/Family Floater Plan
||Up to 60 Lakh
||1,2, 3 years
||No maximum ceasing age
This plan provides coverage up to Rs 60 lakh. The insured who intends to buy Bharti AXA Smart Super Top Up Insurance get the base plan’s benefits, but only on the exhaustion of the Base Sum Insured. The primary benefits of the Bharti AXA Smart Super Top Up Insurance are described below:
- In-Patient Treatment: The cover includes all medical expenses incurred during hospital treatment requiring more than 24 hours of stay up the limit of Sum Insured.
- Pre-Hospitalization Expenses: Cover for all medical expenses up to 60 days for the amount of Sum Insured.
- Post-Hospitalization Expenses: All medical expenses incurred up to 90 days after discharge from the hospital.
- Day-Care Treatment: It covers medical expenses incurred for expenses where the treatment in a hospital requires a stay for less than 24 hours.
- Domiciliary Treatment: Cover for all expenses if the insured is treated at home for an ailment that would in normal circumstances, require hospitalization.
- Transplant of Organ: Cover for the donor expenses up to Sum Insured.
- Alternative Treatment: The cover for up to the Sum Insured is extended to AYUSH Treatment.
Inclusions of the Bharti AXA Health Insurance Policy
In addition to the primary coverage already mentioned, Bharti AXA Smart Super Top Up Insurance Policy also provides the following:
- Ambulance Charge: The coverage is for emergency service ambulance charges up to Rs 3, 000 per occasion, while domestic Air Ambulance is permitted once in a policy year per life, subject to limits of the chosen plan and option.
- No Claim Bonus: It is provided for every policy year up to a maximum of 100%.
- Hospital Cash Allowance: The quantum of the allowance depends on the chosen plan and option for a maximum of 30 days.
- OPD Cover: Out-patient emergency treatment is covered only in the event of accidental injuries or dental damage.
- Optional Cover: Maternity and Critical illness cover only if available in the chosen plan option.
Exclusions of the Bharti AXA Health Insurance Policy
All those who are looking to buy Bharti AXA Health Insurance policy, need to consider its exclusions:
- The initial waiting period of 30 days is applicable to all illnesses except in accident and renewal.
- Pre-existing diseases are covered only after 48 months of the policy.
- Specific listed diseases are covered after 24 months.
- The waiting period for Maternity Cover if chosen is 9 months.
- Critical Illness cover has a waiting period of 60 days and a survival period of 30 days.
- The waiting period for Internal Congenital Anomalies and Genetic Disorders is 48 months.
- Bharti AXA Smart Super Top Up Insurance Policy does not cover any injury or disease caused by acts of war, terrorism, or for service in the Armed Forces or the Police.
- Any injury suffered by the insured in breach of the law.
- Expenses for any treatment which are cosmetic in nature are excluded.
Features & Benefits of the Bharti AXA Smart Super Top Up Insurance Policy
Some of the outstanding features and benefits of this policy are:
- Notwithstanding the Sum Insured in the base policy, Bharti AXA Smart Super Top Up Insurance Policy cover is allowed up to a maximum of Rs 60 lakh.
- The insured has the option to buy Bharti AXA Health Insurance for a policy term of 1, 2, and 3 years.
- Expense cover for Pre and Post hospitalization for a period of 60 and 90 days, respectively.
- Inpatient, Daycare, and Domiciliary Treatment cover is for the entire Sum Insured amount.
- Offered additional cover options are Restoration of SI, Maternity, and Critical Illness.
- Tax exemption is allowed for the amount of premium under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
The minimum eligibility criteria of the Bharti AXA Smart Super Top Up Insurance Policy are:
|Minimum Entry Age
18 yearsFor dependent
children: 91 days
|Maximum Entry Age
65 yearsFor dependent
children: 23 years
No limit for policy renewal
|Number of people covered
Self, Spouse, up to
2 dependent children up to 23 years of age.
||Residents of India, including citizens, & Permanent Residents, foreigners or expatriates residing in India, with an employment pass, dependent pass or work permit
Information on Cancellation of the Policy
It is governed by the Free Look policy of Bharti AXA Health Insurance, where the cancellation norm is 15 days and 30 days for online Bharti AXA Smart Super Top Up Insurance respectively, when the insured can cancel the policy and seek refunds as per rules of the Insurer.
Ans:Once the base policy is chosen and purchased, the insured can buy the policy online.
Ans:The Bharti AXA Smart Super Top Up Insurance can be purchased along with a suitable base policy at a fraction of the original cost.
Ans:It is activated after the Sum Insured of the base policy is exhausted, and the coverage is alike.
Ans:Yes, for 90 days from the delivery of the child.
Ans:It is provided only for a continuous hospitalization of 10 days or more for specified sums depending on the chosen plan option.
Written By: PolicyBazaar - Updated: 19 April 2021