Canara HSBC OBC Life Insure Smart Plan
The Canara HSBC OBC Life Insure Smart Plan is a Unit Linked Insurance Plan with a fixed policy term that has a limited premium payment term. This plan enables policyholders to plan for future financial requirements, while providing protection for their loved ones in case of their premature demise.
- The policyholder has to pay the premiums for a fixed period of ten years while enjoying coverage for twenty years.
- The policy offers a choice of five different funds in which policyholders can allocate their investments.
- The policyholder can manage their investment portfolio through features such as premium redirection and switching between funds.
- On survival till the end of the policy, the policyholder will receive a Maturity Benefit that is the Fund Value plus Loyalty Additions as on the date of maturity.
- In the unfortunate event of the demise of the policyholder, the nominee receives a Death Benefit. The Death Benefit payable is the higher of:
- The Fund Value, or
- The Sum Assured minus any partial withdrawals.
- Loyalty Additions are paid by the company from the end of the fifteenth policy year.
- Based on the customer’s risk appetite, there is a choice of five Unit Linked Funds for investment.
- Liquidity is available in the form of partial withdrawals. The minimum amount for partial withdrawals is Rs. 10000.
- Tax benefits are available on the premium paid and Death Benefit as per sections 80(C) and 10 (10D) of the Income Tax Act.
Entry Age of the Life Assured (Last Birthday)
Maturity Age (Last Birthday) of the Life Assured
Policy Term (PT) in years
Premium Paying Term (PPT) in years
Limited Pay - 5 years
Premium Paying Frequency
Age less than 45 = 10 X Annual Premium
Age more than 45 to 60 years = 7 X Annual Premium
Grace Period: The policy gives policyholders thirty days to pay all due premiums.The policy will acquire a “Discontinued” status if payment is not made within the applicable timeframe.
Policy Termination or Surrender Benefit: If the policy is surrendered before the completion of 5 years, then the insurance cover ceases, and the Fund Value will be transferred to the Discontinued Policy Fund. Proceeds from this will be payable only after the fifth policy anniversary. In case of the death of the Life Assured during this period, only the accumulated fund value will be payable to the nominee. After completing five policy years, if it is surrendered, then there is no Surrender/Discontinuance Charges, the Fund Value is paid to the policyholder, and the policy will terminate immediately. If the policy is not reinstated within the revival period, the policy is terminated. Termination of the policy also occurs on payment of the Death Benefit. The policy will also automatically terminate if at any time the Fund Value falls below or become equal to one year’s regular premium because of poor market performance. In that case, the Fund Value is paid to the policyholder.
Free Look Period: Policyholders have a limited free look period of 15 days from the date of receiving policy documents to review the policy. If the policyholder does not wish to continue with the policy, then he or she can cancel the policy. The customer will receive the Fund Value plus the unallocated premium minus a proportionate premium for the risk borne by the company, including as any extra expenses, such as towards a medical examination or stamp duty charges.
- The policyholder may increase or decrease the Sum Assured as per their changing life coverage. This change can be done from the sixth policy year onwards.
- Policyholders may opt to change the allocation of future premiums with the Premium Redirection facility.
- The policyholder may switch between the five unit-linked funds at any point of time during the policy term. The minimum amount that can be switched is Rs. 10000.
Additional Features or Riders
- Various charges apply to this policy. They are as follows:
- Premium Allocation Charge, which is deducted from the Premium paid by the customer. The balance is invested in the investments chosen by the policyholder
- Policy Administration Charge is deducted at the start of each month.
- Fund Management Charges are deducted daily while calculating the NAV of the funds.
- At the beginning of each month, Mortality Charges are deducted by the cancellation of units from the fund value.
- Switching Charge – There is a limit of six free switches allowed in a single policy year. Subsequently each switch is charged at Rs. 250 per switch.
- Partial Withdrawal Charge – The first four partial withdrawals are free, while subsequent withdrawals are charged at Rs. 250 per withdrawal.
- Miscellaneous Charge is there for medical examination expenses in case of an increase in the Sum Assured.
- A Discountenance Charge is levied on policies that are discontinued before the end of the lock-in period of the first five years.
- The revival of a lapsed or discontinued policy is possible if the policyholder submits a request for reinstatement within a timeframe of two years from the date of the first unpaid premium and pays all due premium.
- The term insurance cover is void if the person insured, whether sane or insane at the time, commits suicide within one year from the start of the policy cover. The company will refund the Fund Value as on the date of death.
The policyholder has to fill up an ‘Application form ’with identity proof, bank account proof, address proof and a recent photograph. Select cases may require income proof and medical examination.
- Aditya Birla Sun Life ULIP Plans
- Aegon Life ULIP Plans
- Aviva ULIP Plans
- Bajaj Allianz ULIP Plans
- Bharti AXA Life ULIP Plans
- Canara HSBC ULIP Plans
- Edelweiss Tokio Life ULIP Plans
- Exide Life ULIP Plans
- Future Generali ULIP Plans
- HDFC Life ULIP Plans
- ICICI Prudential ULIP Plans
- IDBI Federal ULIP Plans
- IndiaFirst ULIP Plans
- Kotak Life ULIP Plans
- Max Life ULIP Plans
- PNB MetLife ULIP Plans
- Pramerica Life ULIP Plans
- Reliance Life ULIP Plans
- Sahara Life ULIP Plans
- SBI Life ULIP Plans
- Shriram Life ULIP Plans
- Star Union ULIP Plans
- Tata AIA ULIP Plans
- Savings Calculator
- Income Tax Calculator
- Human Life Value Calculator
- Pension Calculator
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator
- Travel Insurance Calculator