Raheja QBE Personal Accident
Raheja QBE Personal Accident
Raheja QBE General Insurance Company is a collaboration with Rahan Raheja , India’s most dynamic and diversified business entity , with QBE, one of the world’s most reputed Insurance companies. Together Raheja QBE in India makes the most prominent general insurance company in India with its wide- variety of insurance plans starting from individuals covering personal accident plans, health insurance plans, cattle insurance plans, domestic property insurance plans and to corporate bodies which covers marine insurance plans, motor insurance plans, construction and engineering plans, commercial property insurance plans , professional liability plans, workers compensation plans etc.
Personal Accident Plans plugs an important role in the insurance portfolio of an individual. Firstly, it provides a tremendous financial support to the policy holder if he/she is disabled after an accident resulting to permanent total disability, temporary total disability and even an unfortunate death. Secondly, the enormity or the degree of injuries doesn’t matter, minor injuries are also usually cover dune the plan. HDFC Ergo Personal Accident insurance plans have all encompassing plans which acts as a cushion to cover the risks associated with an accident. Raheja QBE insurance have comprehensive Personal Accident Insurance Plans which protects the house in every possible way. An ideal solution to invest in Raheja QBE Personal Accident Insurance Plans which offers an extensive coverage for the house and the household contents.
Why Raheja QBE personal Accident Plans?
The plan has unique features like
- It’s not only a self insurance plan but a family coverage plan as well. One of the most unique proposition of this plan is parents are also covered
- Worldwide coverage.
- All risks are covered pertaining to accidents which can be Permanent Disability, Accidental Deaths, Broken Bones, Burns, Dependent child’s education etc are all covered under the plan.
- Online purchase and renewal.
Personal Accident Plans
The following coverages are there under the plan:
- Accidental Death Plan: In case of Death within 12 months from the occurrence of the accident, by bodily injury which arises out of violent, external and visible means which is caused due to accident solely and directly.
- Permanent Total Disability Plan:This plan will covers 100% of principal sum insured if the insured person sustains bodily injury caused by accidental, violent , external and visible means which is caused due to accident solely and directly resulting in permanent disablement within 12 months from the date of accident.
- Temporary Total Disablement Plan: If the insured person sustains bodily injury which directly and independently of all other cases resulting in Temporary Total Disablement, then the company will pay as stated in the schedule of benefits to the total sum insured. Such injury should exclusively, directly and totally disable the insured person or his/her family members and prevent all to attend his/her business or occupation of any and every kind temporarily.
- Permanent Partial Disablement Plan: Under this plan, insured person sustains bodily injury caused by accidental, violent , external and visible means which is caused due to accident solely and directly resulting in permanent partial disablement within 12 months from the date of accident.
The plan also provides three different options which are as under:
- Accidental Death Plan.
- Accidental Death Plan, Permanent Total Disability Plan and Permanent Total Disability Plan.
- Accidental Death Plan, Permanent Total Disability Plan, Permanent Total Disability Plan and Temporary Total Disablement Plan.
Compensation Benefit under the plan
The Compensation Benefit under this plan will depend upon the nature of injury and the Sum Insured under the plan:
- 100% of Capital Sum Insured will be paid in case of Death or Permanent Total Disability.
- For Temporary Total Disablement, the company will provide compensation at 1% of Capital Sum Insured or Rs 5000/- whichever is lesser. However the same will be restricted to a maximum of 104 weeks.
- The Compensation under Permanent Partial Disablement Plan will depend on the nature of injury and corresponding percentage of Capital Sum Insured as mentioned in the “Table of Benefit” under the Policy document or as per the medical advices of company’s appointed Medical Practitioner.
Additional Coverage under the plan
The following coverages are also there under this policy:
- Cost of transportation for carrying the dead body to home which includes the funeral charges as well.
- Ambulance charges for transportation of Insured individuals to Hospital after the accident.
- Cost of clothing damaged in accident as mentioned above and liability of disablement is admitted by company.
- In case of Death and Permanent Total Disablement of the insured person, the company will provide an education assistance and support of Rs 5000/- each for two dependent children.
- In the event of Permanent Total disability, where the insured person has lost his/her employment, the company will 2% of individual sum insured.
Additional coverages under the plan upon payment of extra premium
An extension can be done after payment of additional premium to get the following covers:
- Hospital Confinement Allowance: If an insured person is hospitalized due to an accident resulting to bodily injury, death or disablement, the company provides a hospital confinement daily allowance of Rs 500/- per day However, the number of days is restricted to 30 days.
- Medical Expenses: If an insured person is hospitalized due to an accident resulting to bodily injury, death or disablement, the company will reimburse the medical expenses which are reasonable and necessary.
Exclusions under the plan
- For Bodily injury or Sickness due to intentional and deliberate exposure to danger, self inflicted injury, suicide or attempted suicide or non adherence to the medical advise.
- If the insured person is injured or fall sick due to consumption of alcohol or drugs or narcotics unless professionally advised by the Doctor.
- For bodily injury which occur due to participating in any criminal act.
- If the insured person is injured or fall sick due to venereal or venereal related disease.
- Payment of compensation in respect of death, disablement, injury, illness disease hospitalization of the insured person due to participating in any hazardous Sports.
- Bodily injury caused as a result of terrorism.
- Payment of compensation in respect of death, disablement, injury, illness disease hospitalization of the insured person due to or arising out of , directly or indirectly due to war irrespective of declared or not, invasion, hostilities, civil war, martial law, act of foreign enemy, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurper power, riot or civil commotion, seizure, capture , arrests, restraints and detainments.
- Payment of compensation in respect of death, disablement, injury, illness disease hospitalization of the insured person due to or arising out of , directly or indirectly due to
- Ionizing radiation or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or nuclear waste.
- Nuclear weapon materials.
- Payment of compensation in respect of death, disablement, injury, illness disease hospitalization of the insured person due to or arising out of , directly or indirectly due to prolonged childbirth or pregnancy.
- For Bodily injury or Sickness due to on duty with armed forces.
The claim service of the group is extremely efficient and user friendly which provides world class claim process and standards. The Surveyors, TPAs (Third Party Administrator) are of top class so that the company is able to provide a hassle free claim service.
- Clams are to be intimated immediately at the call centre number.
- The following documents are needed to register a claim:
- Policy Number.
- Date and time of loss.
- Location of the damaged property.
- A brief narration or description of the incident.
- Name and contact number of the person who will be handling the total claim
Contact Raheja QBE Insurance
- Email at claims@rahejaqbe[dot]com
One can contact the company through the following ways to express their dissatisfaction or complaints:
- Send a letter to the policy issuing office.
- One can also send a fax to the number at +91 22 4231 3777.
- Send an email to complaintsofficer#rahejaqbe[dot]com
- One can also register a complaint at the official website of the Regulators at www[dot]iqms[dot]irda[dot]gov[dot]in
- One can also register complaints online in the company’s official website www[dot]rahejaqbe[dot]com
Raheja QBE Personal Accident- FAQs
1. How to pay premium? What are the modes of payment available?
Raheja QBE General Insurance Provides three major options to pay the premium
- By the debit mandate
- By cash or cheque collection and
- By direct online payment
You will have to go to the bank and drop a cheque. Alternatively, login into the to the web site, find your policy, and then click on pay now button to pay online.
2. How can I check policy status for Raheja QBE personal accident insurance?
The best way to check the details of the policy is from the website. You can login to the web site with your policy details. Click on the right policy number and get the details of the status.
3. What is the policy renewal process for Raheja QBE personal accident insurance?
You can call directly at the help desk toll free number and inquire about the auto renewal process. You will get a call from the company and once you verify your policy details, your account will be debited, or you will get an auto renewal activated in your profile.
4. What is the company’s process to settle claim for Raheja QBE personal accident insurance?
The company settles the claim within 7 days of the claim. After you file in the claim, an officer will investigate the entire matter and will settle the case. You can put the claim on the web site and on the toll free number.
5. What is the policy cancellation process for Raheja QBE personal accident insurance?
The policy can easily be cancelled online or by calling toll free number. You will get a call from the company about documentation and the agent will visit your location to confirm the cancellation. After all the formalities, you will get an intimation letter regarding cancellation.
You might be interested following insurance plans provided by Raheja QBE:
- Raheja QBE Home Insurance
- Raheja QBE Health Insurance
- Raheja QBE Commercial Vehicle Insurance
- Raheja QBE Car Insurance
- Apollo Munich Personal Accident
- Bajaj Allianz Personal Accident
- Bharti AXA Personal Accident
- Cholamandalam Personal Accident
- Future Generali Personal Accident
- HDFC Ergo Personal Accident
- IFFCO Tokio Personal Accident
- Max Bupa Personal Accident
- National Insurance Personal Accident
- New India Assurance Personal Accident
- Oriental Insurance Personal Accident
- Reliance General Personal Accident
- Royal Sundaram Personal Accident
- SBI General Personal Accident
- Shriram General Personal Accident
- Tata AIG Personal Accident
- United India Personal Accident
- Universal Sompo Personal Accident
- What does Max Bupa ‘ReAssure’ Health Insurance Plan Offer?
- COVID-19: Coronavirus Preventive Tips for Disinfecting & Sanitizing Surfaces
- When and How to Use Face Masks? Can Wearing a Mask Protect You Against COVID-19?
- Reassuring Fact Checks about Coronavirus: All you Need to Know!
- 22 Myths on COVID-19 That You Should Stop Believing
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana Vs Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana: (PMJAY vs PMMVY)
- Savings Calculator
- Income Tax Calculator
- Human Life Value Calculator
- Pension Calculator
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator
- Travel Insurance Calculator