About Raheja QBE General Insurance Company
Raheja QBE General Insurance Co. Ltd. is one of the leading private insurance companies in the Indian general insurance market. It is a joint venture between Rajan Raheja Group and QBE Insurance, both of which are global leaders in the business and insurance industry.
Raheja QBE General Insurance Company provides customized motor insurance plans in addition to other sectors. It aims at providing innovative insurance solutions to its diverse range of customers. The company also strives to make claims services super simple and hassle-free.
Key Features of Raheja QBE Car Insurance
|Features||Coverage and Benefits|
|Incurred claim ratio||100.51%|
|Personal Accident Insurance||Up to 15 Lakhs|
|No Claim Bonus||Yes|
Benefits of Raheja QBE Car Insurance
Raheja QBE motor insurance offers the following features and benefits with its car insurance plans:
- 1300+ network garages offering cashless repair services
- Simple and hassle-free communication, buying, renewing and settlement process
- The insurance company offers customized car insurance plans with the best coverage.
- Customer-oriented approach with an aim to offer complete customer satisfaction
- Personal accident cover for the policyholders
- The claim settlement ratio of Raheja QBE motor insurance is 86%.
Types of Raheja QBE Car Insurance Policy
Raheja QBE General Insurance Company offers three motor insurance policies to cater to all the insurance requirements of your car. They are:
1. Third-Party Liability Only Policy
The Raheja QBE liability-only plan for a private car compensates the policyholder against any damages arising out of third party death, injury or third-party property involving the insured car in an accident. This plan is a mandatory cover for every car owner in India and excludes damages to the insured car.
When it comes to covering liabilities, this policy covers third party injury or death to an unlimited extent. However, liability towards third party property is up to Rs. 7.5 lakh.
2. Standalone Own Damage Insurance Policy
This policy offers compensation to the policyholder against loss or damage sustained by the insured vehicle due to theft, accidents, natural calamities, etc. This policy can be further extended by purchasing add-on covers at an additional premium.
A policyholder can purchase a standalone own damage insurance policy in addition to third party liability only policy to cover the insured car.
3. Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy
A comprehensive or private package car policy by Raheja QBE motor insurance covers the insured car against damages arising out of unforeseen events like theft, fire, road accident, earthquake, riots, and more. This policy is an extensive one as it also covers third party liabilities arising out of accidents involving the insured car.
You might be interested in
Raheja QBE Car Insurance Premium Calculator
With the help of a Raheja QBE car insurance premium calculator, you can also calculate car insurance premium before purchasing a car insurance policy and check whether it fits your budget requirements.
Coverage Under Raheja QBE Car Insurance
- Theft: Damages arising due to theft, housebreaking or burglary
- Fire: Loss of insured car due to events like fire, self-ignition or explosion
- Manmade Acts: Damages sustained by the insured car due to strikes, riots, terrorist acts, etc.
- Natural Calamities: Loss or damages due to earthquakes, landslides, rockslides, etc.
- Third Party Liability: Liabilities against the third party, such as third party death, injury or property damage
- External Means: Damages to the insured car due to accident by external means
- Whilst in Transit: Damages to the insured car while in transit via road, rail, airway or waterway
- Depreciation: Normal wear, tear and depreciation of the insured car
- Breakdown: Damages arising due to mechanical and electrical breakdown
- Invalid Driving License: Damages sustained when the person is driving without a valid driving license
- Drunk Driving: Damages caused when the driver was under the influence of alcohol
- War: Loss or damage due to mutiny, civil war or nuclear risks
- Contractual Liability: Damages arising due to contractual liabilities of the insured vehicle
- Usage Limitations: Damages sustained when the insured vehicle is being used for a purpose other than specified in the policy documents
Raheja QBE Car Insurance: Add-ons
By paying some extra premium, you can also purchase add-on covers to enhance the coverage of your Raheja QBE motor insurance policy. These add-ons are:
This add-on cover compensates for the repairs or replacement of consumables cover, such as bolts, screws, nuts, etc.
This add-on covers the expenses incurred on hiring another mode of transport, while the insured vehicle is under repairs for more than three days.
Engine Protector add-on covers against damages sustained by the engine and engine parts of the insured car.
Under the Key Protect cover, the insurer compensates for the repair or replacement cost of the damaged, lost or stolen keys of the insured car.
This add-on cover compensates for the loss of personal belongings from the insured car due to car loss or theft.
An NCB Retention add-on cover helps in retaining your NCB even if you have made a claim in the previous year. This add-on protects your No Claim Bonus from being nullified due to a claim.
Under this add-on cover, the insurer will compensate for the repairs/replacement of tyres, tubes and rims damaged due to an accident.
With Zero Depreciation cover, the depreciation on the insured car is not deducted from the claim amount during the claim settlement process. The insurer compensates the whole or partial depreciation amount sustained by the insured car and its parts.
If the insured car has suffered a total loss or theft, then this add-on cover will pay the difference between the current selling price and the invoice value of the vehicle to the policyholder. It also covers the registration fee, road tax and insurance premium of the vehicle.
Add-ons for your car insurance
How to File a Claim Under Raheja QBE Car Insurance?
To file a claim under the Raheja QBE car insurance policy, you can follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Registration: Register your car insurance claim by intimating the insurer about the incident. You can call on their customer care number or send them an email.
- Inspection: After claim registration, a surveyor will be sent to inspect the extent of damages sustained by the insured car.
- Documents Approval: You may be asked to show certain documents for the claim to be approved. Therefore, make sure to keep the needed documents with you at the time of claim processing.
- Repairs & Payment: The insured car will, then, be repaired at an authorized network garage and the insurer will pay for these repairs. If the car has been repaired in a non-network garage, the insurance company will pay back the claim amount to you after you have paid the bill at the garage.
Documents Required to Raise a Claim Under Raheja QBE Car Insurance
To raise a claim under the Raheja QBE motor insurance policy, you will be required to show the following documents for verification:
- A copy of the insurance policy.
- Copy of registration certificate
- Copy of car driving license
- A copy of the police FIR
- Estimates of repairs from the repairer
- Repair bills, invoices and payment receipts
- NEFT details of policyholder along with cancelled cheque/bank passbook.
How to Renew a Raheja QBE Car Insurance Policy?
For Raheja QBE car insurance renewal, you can follow the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: On Policybazaar.com, visit the ‘Car Insurance’ page.
Step 2: Fill in your car number and select “View Instant Quotes”
Step 3: Now fill in your name, email and mobile number and proceed with the ‘View Prices’ option
Step 4: Select the expiry date and provide the claim details of your existing motor insurance policy
Step 5: Find the Raheja QBE car insurance renewal plan and check its details
Step 6: Select the required add-ons at some extra premium and proceed
Step 7: Mention the NCB discount of your existing four-wheeler insurance policy
Step 8: Once the details are verified, proceed with the payment of the premium.
Step 9: Now make the payment with the desired mode
Step 10: After the completion of payment, your Raheja QBE motor insurance policy will be renewed. You will receive the policy documents at your registered mail address.
Ans: Raheja QBE car insurance premium can be paid by the debit mandate or by direct online payment. You can also go to the bank and drop a cheque. To pay the premium online, login into the website of the insurance provider, find your policy and then pay the premium via car debit card, credit card or net banking.
Ans: The best way to check the status of your Raheja QBE car insurance policy is from the provider website. You can log in to the website with your policy details, enter the right policy number and get the details of the status.
Ans: Yes, you can transfer your No Claim Bonus discount from your existing car insurance policy when you renew your policy from Raheja QBE General Insurance Company.
Ans: The Raheja QBE General Insurance Company settles a claim within 7 days of the claim receipt. After you file the claim, an officer will investigate the entire matter and will settle the case. You can file a claim on the website and by calling on the insurer’s toll-free number.
Ans: The Raheja four wheeler insurance policy can easily be cancelled online or by calling the insurer’s toll-free number. You will get a call from the company about documentation and the agent will visit your location to confirm the cancellation. After all the formalities are complete, you will get an intimation letter regarding the policy cancellation.
Find similar car insurance quotes by body type
Note: This is your car’s recommended IDV as per IRDAI’s depreciation guidelines.asdfsad However, insurance companies allow you to modify this IDV within a certain range (this range varies from insurer to insurer). Higher the IDV, higher the premium you pay.