SBI General Bike Insurance Premium Calculator
SBI General Bike insurance premium calculator is an online tool that helps you to calculate the premium for an SBI Two-wheeler insurance policy. You can obtain your bike insurance premium amount by entering a few details, such as your bike's model, year of purchase, city of registration, etc.Read more
How to use the SBI General Two-Wheeler Insurance Premium Calculator?
The method of calculating the premium for two-wheeler insurance is different from one insurer to the other. You can use the SBI bike insurance premium calculator to fill a form regarding the details of their bike, like its model, year of purchase, registered location, and more.
Follow the steps given below while calculating premium using an SBI General Bike insurance premium calculator:
- Specify the details of the bike, such as its model, and make fuel type and variant
- Mention the bike’s Registered Location
- Select the bike’s year of purchase
- Mention if you made a bike insurance claim in the past and submits the details
- The Insured Declared Value (IDV) will be shown after a click on the CALCULATE button
- You will also be able to see the premium for different bike insurance plans
Benefits of using SBI General Two-Wheeler Insurance Premium Calculator
The benefits of using a two-wheeler insurance premium calculator are following-
- Select the perfect premium plan for the bike – Online bike insurance premium calculator shows the premium quotes for several bike insurance plans. You can easily compare and choose the plan that works best for you in terms of the budget and coverage.
- Ideal Insured Declared Value (IDV) –A right IDV is essential to claim the right claim amount for the vehicle. The right IDV is obtained from all the bike details you have entered, like your bike's model, variant, purchase year, city of registration, etc.
- The Decision about plans becomes easy – Using the premium calculator, you get to know the current market price of their bikes and the premiums offered by the Insurer.
Third-Party Two-Wheeler Insurance Premium Rates
Third-Party Two-Wheeler Insurance Premium Rates are given in the table below. However, you can use the third-party two-wheeler insurance premium calculator to calculate the premiums:
Engine Capacity of the Bike
Third Party Bike Insurance Premium
Under 75 cc
Rs. 1,045 approx.
Exceeding 75 cc but not 150 cc
Rs. 3,285 approx.
Exceeding 150 cc but not 350 cc
Rs. 5,453 approx.
Exceeding 350 cc
Rs. 13,034 approx.
Premium for Comprehensive and Standalone Own-Damage Bike Insurance Plans
Standalone Own-Damage Insurance for a bike is a type of bike insurance that covers the insured bike only. The coverage is not provided to the third party person, vehicle or property. This type of insurance plan will cover all damages and losses incurred due to bike accident, theft, fire, etc.
In some bike insurance plans, the insurance given will cover the policyholder's bike and the third party's person or vehicle for the damages and losses incurred.
Factors affecting Two-Wheeler Insurance Premium
Following are the factors that affect the insurance premium of your two-wheeler vehicle-
- Modifications – Modifications are made to the bike by some people to enhance its performance and make it look more attractive. But sometimes, it is disguised as a danger to the bike and the person as well. Any mistake can occur while installing the vehicle's modifications, making it unsafe to drive on the road. This increases the chances of accidents and also the premium amount.
- Insured Declared Value (IDV) –IDV is the total sum provided at the time of the claim. The IDV is higher when an individual’s bike functions highly. Therefore, a higher premium amount is required to pay to get insurance.
- Anti-theft devices – Anti-theft devices also play an important role in deciding the premium for bike insurance. Anti-theft devices installed in the bike increase its security level, which reduces the risk of offering compensation to the insured's bike.
Q. What are the benefits of using the SBI General Bike Insurance Premium Calculator?
There are several benefits of using a bike insurance premium calculator:
- One may choose the best-suited bike insurance plan within their budget
- There are various bike insurance plans to choose from
- One can compare various bike insurance plans, their features and benefits
Q. Where can I access the SBI General Bike Insurance Premium Calculator?
An individual can find the SBI General Premium Bike Calculator either from the official website of SBI General Insurance Company or on the Policybazaar’s website.
Q. Do I have to pay any charge for using the SBI General Bike Insurance Premium Calculator?
The SBI General Bike Insurance Premium Calculator tool is available free for its customers to use online.
Two Wheeler insurance articles
08 May 2023A vehicle number plate is a metal plate with the registration
03 May 2023You can easily cancel your bike insurance policy at any time by
25 Apr 2023As a two-wheeler owner, you must have active bike insurance to
28 Mar 2023The price range plays a significant role when purchasing a bike
24 Mar 2023To ride your bike legally on the Indian roads, you have to abide