- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 10/Day*
*Standard T&C Apply
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
Three Public Sector Insurers to Merge in March 2020
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 476 -
Updated date : 13 February 2020
In a recent announcement made by Finance Secretary Rajiv Kumar, three leading state-owned insurance companies National Insurance Co Ltd, United India Insurance Co Ltd, and Oriental Insurance Co Ltd. are going to merge by the end of March 2020.
He notified that the process of merger is at an advanced stage and will be happening soon. However, the government will take a clear look at listing the merged entity once the process is completed. Also, a capital infusion of Rs 6,950 crore has been announced in the Union Budget 2020 for these three public sector insurance companies in the next fiscal year, as partial budgetary support to overcome the solvency ratio.
However, the proposal for merger of these companies into a single entity had been announced by the then finance minister Mr. Arun Jaitley during the 2018-19 budget speech, it could not be implemented.
- Most Read
- Are You Buying General Insurance for the First Time? Check Out This Guide
Date: 15 June 2020
- Why do Customers Prefer to Buy General Insurance Policies Online?
Date: 21 May 2020
- New-Age General Insurance Drives the Sphere of Transformation in India
Date: 21 May 2020
- Impact of Coronavirus on Life and Health Insurance Sector
Date: 20 May 2020
- Importance of General Insurance Amidst COVID-19
Date: 07 April 2020
- National Insurance Policy Renewal and Online Payment Process
Views : 38369
- How to Download Tata AIG Policy?
Views : 20889
- Top General Insurance Companies with Best Claim Settlement Rate
Views : 11427
- How to Check New India Assurance Company Claim Status?
Views : 10387
- 7 Common Questions and Answers about General Insurance
Views : 10386
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator
- Travel Insurance Calculator