- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 100%Free Health Check-up
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
We promise limited calls
TATA AIG Wellsurance Woman: Is It The Best Health Insurance for Women?
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 4113 -
Modified 21 November 2017
When it comes to health and health insurance, picking the right plan is of utmost importance. A good insurance plan for a woman is the one that incorporates all the benefits of regular insurance plans and yet is customized to give added advantages to women. One such plan is the TATA AIG Wellsurance Woman.
TATA AIG Wellsurance Woman policy is specially designed to insure women against illnesses and provide them with added benefits such as cashless insurance and hospitalization, recuperation benefit, cosmetic reconstructive surgery, critical illness cover, health lines, health and wellness discounts, health portal, regular health newsletters, and covers a number of additional expenses. Another advantage of this policy is that it can be bought online, can be renewed lifelong and is deductible under Section 80D of Income Tax Act.
TATA AIG Wellsurance Woman policy is available in three categories - Classic, Supreme and Elite. The ages covered are 18 to 65 years, and premiums can be paid directly or via cheque, annually or monthly.
Average Annual Premium Paid for Different Policies
|Age Range||Classic Plan with coverage up to INR 1,50,000 (INR 3,00,000 for cancer)||Supreme with coverage up to INR 2,50,000 (INR 5,00,000 for cancer)||Elite with coverage up to INR 3,75,000 (INR 7,50,000 for cancer)|
|18 to 24||2215||4146||7702|
|25 to 25||2412||4444||8108|
|30 to 34||2763||5012||8939|
|35 to 39||3400||5984||10271|
|40 to 44||4610||7881||12949|
|45 to 49||5169||8782||14258|
|50 to 54||8264||14378||24114|
|55 to 59||10289||17506||28549|
|60 to 65||16463||28010||45674|
1. Coverage for cancer insurance under each plan is double the maximum coverage.
2. Premium Amounts are exclusive of taxes.
What is Covered by the Policy?
This policy covers 11 critical illnesses with or without hospitalization, hospitalization cash benefits (including incidental expenses), convalescence benefits (paid in a lump sum after continuous hospitalization for 5 days). And unlike most other health plans, cosmetic reconstructive surgery (paid in lump sum) is too covered under this plan. However, the cosmetic reconstructive surgery is only covered in the case of surgery needed as a result of accident.
Value Added Benefits Include:
- A free health helpline where expert medical practitioners can be contacted for advice.
- A comprehensive health portal giving information about the network of hospitals, their services and costs.
- The portal also provides a personalized tracker to monitor health and fitness levels.
- Health queries can be posted on the portal and are replied to by specialized medical practitioners.
- Discounts are available at their network partners of over 200 gyms, spas, skin care and weight management centres.
- Discounts on health check-ups at their partner hospitals.
- Ambulance charges up to INR 2000.
What is Not Covered by the Policy?
As with most policies, this policy does not cover any pre-existing conditions or any complications arising from them. An exception is made if the person insured had a similar Wellsurance policy for at least 4 years since inception. The policy also does not cover intentionally self-inflicted injuries, sexually transmitted diseases, congenital abnormalities, cosmetic procedures, organ transplants, and a few others.
One of the cons of this policy is that it does not cover pregnancy and related conditions. Being a Woman’s policy, it would have been beneficial to cover maternity and a few of the related services. Additionally, claims cannot be made before 90 days from inception of the policy.
Key Features of the TATA AIG Wellsurance Woman Policy
The key features of the policy are as follows:
- Coverage of 11 critical illnesses and an higher benefit in case of cancer
- Daily hospital cash benefit
- Higher hospital cash benefits for patients admitted to ICU/ICCU
- Cashless hospitalization at over 3000 network hospitals throughout India
- Convalescence benefit for treatment post hospitalization
- Cosmetic reconstruction surgeries for injuries caused by accidents
- Income Tax benefits under Section 80D
- Ability to renew the policy for life
- The option to increase the amount of sum insured at the time of renewal
- Free look period of 15 days for entry
- Grace period of 30 days for renewal.
- Most Read
- Safeguard Your Medical Concerns with the Right Health Insurance Plan
Date: 28 December 2017
- Here’s How You Can Safeguard Your Future from Accidental Deaths
Date: 22 December 2017
- How You Can Save Taxes with Medical Expenses
Date: 30 November 2017
- Why One Needs Health Insurance with High-risk Cover
Date: 28 November 2017
- A Handy Guide for NRIs Seeking Health Insurance in India
Date: 27 November 2017
- Best Health Insurance Plans in India
Views : 516826
- Here’s the Difference between Health Insurance and Mediclaim
Views : 61667
- Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY)
Views : 34063
- Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
Views : 33151
- Central Government to Launch - New Health Insurance Schemes
Views : 30363