- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 100%Free Health Check-up
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
We promise limited calls
Rajiv Gandhi Jeevandayi Arogya Yojna (RGJAY) was launched by Congress president Sonia Gandhi in Maharashtra on Nov 21st, offering an exclusive health insurance scheme for the poor. This rally also included Halth Minister Suresh Shety, Union Minister and Nationalist Congress Party leader Praful Patel, Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan and state Congress Minister Manikrao Thakre. The project endeavors to cover people below poverty line and the ones with annual family income upto Rs. 100,000 by providing free and quality critical medical care in government as well as private hospitals.
Sonia Gandhi explained that Congress which is leading the government at the centre, always focused on the common man’s wellbeing and the health insurance schemes brought by the party are designed to do good to the underprivileged, particularly rural children and women.
RGJAY project was launched by state government in July 2012 in 8 state’s 35 districts which benefited around 5 million families. Under this scheme, a premium of Rs. 333 is paid by government against a cover of Rs. 150,000 for each family. Also, treatment is provided against 972 surgeries, procedures, therapies and 121 follow-up processes. Out of 12 crore state’s population, this project intends to cover around two crore people which is sure to increase later.
Gandhi is delighted imagining the future where women in rural areas will no longer suffer the pain of hiding their ailment because of all sorts of treatment expenses and medical bills loaded on their husbands. Urging all poor people to avail 100% advantage of this scheme and get benefited with medical treatments which are beyond the reach of common people, she personally spoke to the first 78 beneficiaries whom she met in the rally.
“Jeevan Amrut” scheme launched by the state government was also appreciated by Gandhi wherein the needy could order for blood in case of medical emergencies and too by simply calling a toll-free number.
- Most Read
- Tip to turn Habits into Healthy Ones: The Perfect Health Guide for Women
Date: 15 September 2017
- Group Health Insurance: When You Know You are in Safe Hands
Date: 22 August 2017
- How Family Health Plan Can Keep You Out of Trouble
Date: 17 August 2017
- A Family Health Plan: Is It a Decisive Choice?
Date: 09 August 2017
- Be a Smart Brother; Gift your Sister a Health Insurance Policy This Rakhi
Date: 02 August 2017
- Best Health Insurance Plans in India
Views : 306353
- List of Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 126564
- Top 10 Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 116388
- Top 5 Maternity Insurance Plans
Views : 70132
- Health Insurance Claims Ratio- Things You Should Look Before Buying Health Insurance
Views : 53895