250+ Plans from 18 Insurance Companies
- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 100%Free Health Check-up
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
We promise limited calls
National Health Insurance Essential For Healthcare Financing
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 1571 -
Modified 13 March 2014
National Health Insurance should be an essential component of Healthcare Financing in India. A workshop attended by 50 participants has deliberated the state of health services.
KOLKATA, February 19, 2014: A single payer National Health Insurance should be a vital component of Healthcare financing in India as per the suggestion given by an Indian socio-economic think tank, Kolkata. The state of health services in India is deliberated by a three-day workshop of the group which is attended by 50 participants from varied walks of life and chaired by Noble laureate Amartya sen.
The extensions of bureaucratic “red tape” to health care system in the form of opening private investment had not given desired results though economic reforms have loosened it. According to Sen, in health care system, intervention of private investments has undermined the goal and distorted the end result.
Government is actively engaged particularly in the basic health care which can't be ignored. Sen pointed out the key role played by the governments from Japan to Bangladesh in health care delivery.
The public subsidization of expensive health care which is recently introduced could be both injurious and wasteful to the health of patients without guidance from primary care doctors and assessing the exact medical need. Within an integrated healthcare system, the Rashtriya Swasthya Beema Yojana should be incorporated as per the group.
- Most Read
- Starting a Family? Beware Of Private Health Insurance Waiting Period Pitfalls
Date: 10 November 2017
- 10 Ways to Keep the Family Healthy This Winter
Date: 08 November 2017
- Personal Accident Cover: Benefits that are Sure To Becharm You
Date: 26 October 2017
- What are the Benefits of Buying Insurance Online?
Date: 13 October 2017
- 4 Things You Shouldn’t Ignore While Buying Maternity Plans
Date: 13 October 2017
- Best Health Insurance Plans in India
Views : 352021
- Top 10 Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 157919
- List of Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 139067
- Top 5 Maternity Insurance Plans
Views : 86782
- Health Insurance Claims Ratio- Things You Should Look Before Buying Health Insurance
Views : 63011