- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day*
*Standard T&C Apply
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
Reasons to Buy General Insurance from HDFC ERGO
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 482 -
Updated date : 12 February 2019
HDFC ERGO offers a range of retail insurance products like Health, Travel, Home, Motor, and Personal Accident Insurance. The company also provides customized products such as marine, property and liability insurance through its vast network of 122 branches that are spread across 106 cities in India.
HDFC Ergo General Insurance Company has been accredited with iAAA rating by that indicates positively about the insurer’s claim paying ability. It denotes the insurer’s fundamentally strong market position and the capability of meeting its customer’s claim requests.
Let have a look at some of the benefits that you can avail by purchasing HDFC Ergo General Insurance policies -
Benefits of HDFC Ergo General Insurance
- Sum Assured Options: HDFC Ergo insurance plans come with a wide range of sum assured options.
- Comprehensive Coverage: Most of the plans provide comprehensive coverage against various untoward perils.
- Seamless Claims Procedure: Their claim procedure is simple, hassle-free and convenient to ease your stress when an emergency strikes.
- Hassle-free Purchase: While purchasing a policy online the insurer doesn’t require any extra documents from your end.
- Easy Online Process- The procedure for HDFC Ergo insurance renewal and purchase is quite simple and hassle-free.
Features and Advantages of HDFC Ergo General Insurance Plans
The company offers a wide range of product offerings ranging from rural, individual, and corporate insurance:
- Easy to get insurance cover
- Round-the-clock grievance redressal system for their customers
- Cashless claim settlement facility on multiple offerings
- Easy access with online insurance login
- Availability of general insurance claim form online
- A range of add-on benefits available with comprehensive general insurance plans
Option to Choose From Various Types of HDFC Ergo General Insurance Plans
HDFC ERGO car insurance offers protection and security for your car. The insurer offers its customers the option to choose from third-party and comprehensive car insurance plans and comes with a range of add-on benefits.
Avail heavy discounts and protect your 2 wheeler with one of the most trusted brands. You can also opt for long-term bike insurance policies. It is easy to renew and buy a policy from HDFC Ergo online.
HDFC ERGO Health Insurance plans are designed to offer coverage for self and your loved ones at an affordable price. There are different plans available for every individual.
Buy HDFC Ergo travel insurance policy to safeguard your trip against any emergency situations. The insurer will offer compensation in case of baggage loss, trip curtailment, or any medical emergency during your trip.
Insurance is available for anyone between the age group of 6 months and 70 years. Coverage is provided to foreign nationals working in India with Indian employers of an MNC, and earning a salary in Indian currency subject to IT Verification and verification of the Ration Card.
Cancellation of policy is possible for fax and email. The intimation for policy cancellation should be given within 14 days of the policy purchase date. For policy cancellation copy of passport should be provided as a proof that the journey has not been undertaken. Some cancellation charges may apply.
Personal Accident Insurance
HDFC Ergo general insurance offers a comprehensive plan that offers financial compensation to you and your loved ones in the case of an accident.
HDFC Ergo home insurance policy offers coverage to your home infrastructure and its contents against natural and man-made disasters.
It is available for individual owners (resident Indians) of the property. However, a multiyear policy is only available for owners and not to tenants. It is also available for an authorized member of society’s managing committee to cover the society building and common utilities. The policy will only be issued in the name of society.
It covers a wide range of corporate risks including extortion attempts, employment disputes, litigation and more.
There are various other insurance products that are available such as Group insurance, marine insurance, specialty insurance, liability insurance etc.
Easy HDFC ERGO Claim Process
For seamless processing of online claims you need to provide the following information:
- Provide NEFT details in the insurance claim form along with a cancelled cheque
- In case of claims amounting to 1 lakh rupees and above, you need to provide your KYC (Know your customer) form along with a Xerox coy of any one of KYC documents. You can download the KYC from online.
- KYC Documents that you can provide are Passport, Adhaar Card, Voter ID, Driving License etc.
HDFC ERGO Claim Status
You can check your claim status for HDFC Ergo insurance policies online by entering your policy number, mobile number and e-mail id. You will get a One Time Password (OTP) on your registered email id or number for verification. Using that you can check your claim status.
Life is full of uncertainties and to cover the risks associated with it, it is suggested that you buy an insurance policy for your personal and commercial needs. There is no need to run from pillar to post, you can simply buy a general insurance policy online. Basically, compare different insurance policies online from top insurance companies and select the one that fits your budgets and requirements.
- Most Read
- Bharti AXA General Insurance: Alluring Benefits to Mull Over!
Date: 17 July 2019
- Benefits & Advantages of Choosing Reliance General Insurance
Date: 13 June 2019
- How to File a Claim with Bharti AXA General Insurance?
Date: 04 June 2019
- List of TATA AIG General Insurance Offices in India
Date: 30 May 2019
- How to Download Tata AIG Policy?
Date: 30 May 2019
- 7 Common Questions and Answers about General Insurance
Views : 4701
- National Insurance Policy Renewal and Online Payment Process
Views : 4592
- How to Download Tata AIG Policy?
Views : 3150
- Govt to Merge 3 General Insurance Companies
Views : 2849
- 10 Key Income Tax Rule Changes that will be Effective from 1st April 2018
Views : 2668
GET ARTICLE ON EMAIL
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator