Ayushman Bharat Scheme was launched on September 2018. Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY) offers a medical insurance cover of Rs 5 lakh per family. The scheme includes more than 1,300 medical packages that cover daycare treatments, surgery, and medical treatments including transport, medicines, and diagnostics. Moreover, knee replacements and coronary bypass treatments will be provided at 15 to 20 % less than those of the Central Government Health Scheme.
*All savings are provided by the insurer as per the IRDAI approved insurance plan. Standard T&C Apply
*Tax benefit is subject to changes in tax laws. Standard T&C Apply
My name is
My number is
My name is
My number is
City Living in
Do you have an existing illness or medical history?
This helps us find plans that cover your condition and avoid claim rejection
What is your existing illness?
Select all that apply
When did you recover from Covid-19?
Some plans are available only after a certain time
The benefit of the Ayushman Bharat scheme can be availed at both private listed and government hospitals. These hospitals have an Ayushman Mitra Help Desk that helps check the eligibility criteria of the potential beneficiaries through their Voter ID, Aadhaar card, and Ration card.
The beneficiary patient can avail of secondary and tertiary hospitalization care benefits. Health services include pre-and post-hospitalization expenses, hospitalization expenses, daycare procedures, newborn child/children services, etc.
The eligibility shall be checked by various processes that include inspecting beneficiary’s letters with QR codes and authenticating them. To enroll for the scheme there are certain documents that you need to possess. A bank account can be used for the same. The eligibility criterion for families in rural and urban areas varies:
The eligibility criteria can be checked on the Ayushman Bharat official website and can be verified as given below:
1. Families living in only one room with kachcharoof and kaccha walls
2. SC/ST households
3. Tribal groups
4. Destitute and manual scavenger families
6. Families with no adults between 16 and 59 years
7. Female-headed families with no adult member in the age group of 16-59 years
8. Families with one disabled member and no adult member with abled-bodies
9. Landless households deriving income from manual casual labor
The list by the government for the following 11 occupational categories is given below:
To register and check your eligibility offline to enroll under the scheme, you can dial the toll-free helpline number 14555. The rest of the process is given below:
1. Visit the siteand enter your mobile number
2. Enter the Captcha letters displayed on the screen, and click on “Generate OTP”
3. An OTP will be sent to you over a text message on your registered mobile number. Enter this and click on Verify OTP
4. You can enter your mobile number/ration card number, which directs you to a screen where you can check your eligibility, RSBY URN, and Socio-Economic Caste Census (SECC) name
5. If you have your name on the list, it will reflect on the right side of the page
6. Go to the ‘Family Members’ tab to view the details of the beneficiary and family member’s information covered under the scheme
23 May 2022Breast cancer is one of the fastest-growing diseases among women...
17 May 2022The brain is one of the most important organs in your body. It is...
12 May 2022India experiences a hot and dry summer season that lasts for up to...
12 May 2022The number of people who require hearing aids continues to grow...
12 May 2022Accidents are unpredictable. Getting injured in an accident not...