Surgeries Covered in this Scheme
Some of the medical surgeries covered in this scheme are listed as under:
- Cardiovascular Surgeries (153 Benefit Packages)
- Cancer Malignancies requiring chemotherapy, surgical oncology, and radiation oncology (210 Benefit Packages)
- Neurosurgery (49 Benefit Packages)
- Renal/Kidney Surgery (21 Benefit Packages)
- Burns (12 Benefit Packages)
- Neonatal (newborn) related health issues (23 Benefit Packages)
- Poly Trauma (8 Benefit Packages)
- Obstetrics and gynecology procedures
Eligibility Criteria for Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana
If you are in Gujarat and want to buy MA Amrutam Yojana then you have to fulfill these criteria:
- Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana is available to families who have a low annual income that does not cross a specific amount and those who belong to a specific occupation are eligible to enroll under the scheme
- Families listed under Below Poverty Line (BPL) group by the State Government
- All the family members should be present to get themselves enrolled under the scheme
Features and Benefits of Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana
Mukhyamantri Amrutam Vatsalya is a prime example of a health insurance scheme that is created truly for the benefit of the people. Here are the features of this scheme:
- The premium is paid 100% by the State Government and the beneficiary is not required to pay any amount for enrolment
- ASHA workers who are helping the Below poverty line families are given Rs 100 per family as an incentive under the scheme
- On a monthly basis, both private and government empanelled hospitals conduct Mega and General Health Camps on district levels
- The scheme is completely paperless including the services and claims
- The beneficiaries can stay insured throughout the year
What is covered under Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana?
MA Yojana covers the following expenses:
- Medical Expenses- The sum insured amount in this scheme is Rs 5 lakh per family for each year.
- Travel charges- The policy also covers travel charges up to Rs 300 per hospitalization
- Repatriation of remains- The cost incurred on repatriation of remains is covered at Rs. 6.00 per kilometer from the hospital to the beneficiaries’ place of residence
- Hospital charges- The cost of diagnostics, hospital registration, admission charges, etc. are covered
- In-patient hospitalization charges- The cost incurred on medicines, patient’s food, and post-surgery follow-ups are covered as well.
What is not covered under Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana?
MA Amrutam Yojana offers coverage for a number of medical treatments. Because the scheme has been designed for low-income group families, there are no specific exclusions. Here are some of the treatments that are excluded:
- Cosmetic procedures like plastic surgeries are not covered
- It also does not cover non-emergency medical procedures
How to Enroll under the Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana?
Only eligible families can enroll under the scheme and avail of the health insurance coverage benefits. The process to enroll under Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana is given below:
- Government authorities (Taluka and Civic Centers) maintain a list of all the families whose annual income is less than Rs 4 Lakh. It can also be found on the MA Gujarat website and the same is shared with the vendors involved in the enrollment.
- To enroll under this scheme, the applicants need to visit the kiosks at Civic Centers or Taluka in that area. There are mobile kiosks at different places to ease the process.
- At the kiosks, they capture the biometric information of the beneficiaries like iris scans, fingerprints, etc. along with the family photographs.
- The beneficiaries also need to fill the application form in Gujarati with family details
- Upon verification of the documents, an MA Amrutam card is given to the beneficiaries with a pamphlet of the scheme along with the list of the hospitals empanelled under the scheme
- Once the documents are received by the beneficiaries the enrolment process gets completed
Documents Required to Apply For MA Yojana
When visiting the Nodal agency, the applicants who are eligible to enroll under MA Yojana need to furnish the following documents:
- ID Proof such as Driving License, Aadhaar card, PAN Card, or Voter ID Card
- Address proof like Ration card
- Income Proof
- Below Poverty Line (BPL) Certificate
- Other documents ( as required)
How to Download Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana Application Form?
To download the form the applicant can visit the Mukhyamantri Amrutum website. Here you can find the Kiosk near you. You can get an application form at this Kiosk.
Claim Process for Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana
The beneficiaries under the Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana can register their claims in a seamless manner:
- Submit your QR MA card for verification at the network hospital after which the treatment will get started
- As the entire hospitalization process is cashless all the claims will be settled directly between the hospital and the insurance company once the treatment is completed
Ans: The scheme covers all types of pre-existing diseases soon after the commencement of the health insurance scheme and the issuance of the MAA Amrutam card.
Ans: Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana provides health insurance cover to 5 adult family members and a new-born child who can be the sixth member.
Ans: Eligible beneficiaries can avail of cashless medical treatments in absence of the MA card at government hospitals only.
Ans: The customer care number of MA Amrutam Yojana is 1800-233-1022. This is a toll-free helpline number and to get in touch with the officials over email you can write to them at email@example.com
Written By: PolicyBazaar