Benefits of Buying Star Health Insurance
Updated 12 March 2020
Star health insurance is one of the prominent names in the health insurance sector. The company offers a range of pocket-friendly health insurance products such as individual health insurance plans, family health insurance, group health insurance, senior citizen health plans etc. There are special star health insurance plans for diabetic as well as and cancer patients.
Star health insurance also offers coverage to autistic children as well. Hospital expenses can make a hole in anybody’s pocket. When a family member gets hospitalized it can be a double- whammy, as it is emotionally and financially distressing to see your loved ones going through a serious illness. At that time, the star health insurance policy will prove to be a helping hand, especially, when it comes to settling the hospital bills.
Some of the Major Benefits that You Can Avail with Star Health Insurance Plans
Apart from health insurance cover, there are various other benefits of buying star health insurance policy. The insurer has designed policies to offers maximum benefits to its customers in the most cost-effective manner. Moreover, Star health insurance renewal online process allows easy and timely renewal of their health plans.
Have a look at the major advantages of a buying a health cover from star health insurance-
- Option to buy a yearly health insurance plan or a multi-year plan
- Option to buy an individual plan or a family health plan
- Compensation for expenses incurred on medical check-ups after consecutive 4 claim-free years
- Provision of cashless treatment in more than 8000 network hospitals across India
- Earn a cumulative bonus for not filing a claim
- Minimal documentation, quick and hassle-free claim settlement procedure
- Co-payment is not required for applicants who are lesser than 60 years old.
- For applicant above 60 years of age 20% of co-payment is applicable for them
- Tax benefits under section 80 D within the taxable limits
- Most of the plans come with lifetime renewability option
- Furthermore, the applicants can easily know the cost of insurance premium online with the help of Star Health Premium Calculator
Star Health Insurance Plans Covers the Following Expenses
The coverage varies from one plan to another. Some of the common benefits that you can avail are as follows-
- In-patient hospitalization expenses including the room rent charges, nursing and boarding expenses.
- Coverage for ICU charges, fees charged by the specialist, surgeon, medical practitioner, and anaesthetist
- Plans cover expenses incurred 30 days prior to the hospitalization
- Plans cover expenses incurred 60 days after the hospitalization
- Road Ambulance cover up to a specified limit
- Compensation for day care procedures (subjected to policy terms and conditions)
- Compensation for organ donor expenses (subjected to policy terms and conditions)
- Some plans cover expenses incurred on Ayurvedic, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathic treatment
- Domiciliary hospitalization cover (if required as part of the treatment)
Some of the Optional Benefits that You Can Avail
Apart from the basic coverage, there are optional benefits that you can avail by paying an additional premium. Optional benefits vary from one plan to another-
- Maternity Cover
- Outpatient Dental Care
- Critical Illness Benefit
- Co-payment Benefit
Types of Star Health Insurance Plans
Star Health Insurance Company offers a myriad of health insurance plans to cater to the needs of its different customers. You can select a medical plan that suits your requirements:
- Star Comprehensive Insurance Plan - Buy this plan if you do not want any capping on the room rent and the cost of treatment. It covers bariatric surgical procedures (including complications). Expenses incurred on the air ambulance and second opinion taken from the doctor is also recompensed.
- Star Family Health Optima Insurance Plan - This plan is designed to cover you and your family under on plan. The maximum sum insured limit is 25 lakh rupees. You get new-born baby cover, domiciliary hospitalization cover; donor expenses cover, and assisted reproductive treatment cover as well.
- Star Senior Citizens Red Carpet Insurance Plan - This plan is for people above the age of 60 years. The maximum sum assured limit is 10 lakh rupees. It does not require the applicants to undergo pre-medical screening. It also covers pre-existing illnesses after consecutive 2 years of policy term.
- Star Health Gain Insurance Plan - You can buy this plan for self, and family including children and spouse. The age limit to buy this policy is 65 years.
- Star Super Surplus Insurance Plan - Just by paying a small amount of extra premium you can get additional coverage with this top-up plan. Pre-medical tests are not essential to buy this plan. This plan is available in two variants: Silver Plan and Gold Plan.
- Star MediClassic Insurance Plan - This is a special plan that offers coverage to the HIV positive people. The only condition is that the CD 4 count should be above 350 at the time of purchase. However, it will not compensate for the hospitalization expenses incurred on opportunistic infections.
- Star Cancer Care Gold Insurance Plan - It is specially created to offers health coverage to people suffering from cancer. The insurer will pay 50% of the sum insured and the compensation is paid in lump sum. The policy also covers metastasis that is not related to first cancer.
- Star Diabetes Safe Insurance Plan - Anyone between the age group of 18 and 65 years can buy this plan. This plan covers patients with Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes.
- Star Cardiac Care Insurance Plan - It covers hospitalization expenses up to the specified limit. The plan is available in two variants: silver and gold plan.
- Star Special Care Insurance Plan - Star health has launched this plan for children who are diagnosed with autistic disorders.
- Star Care Micro Insurance Plan - 405-daycare treatments are covered and are available in both individual and family floater option for people in Tier I and Tier II cities.
- Star Net Plus Insurance Plan - This specific insurance plan offers health coverage to people who have been diagnosed with HIV.
- Star Criticare Plus Insurance Plan - You can get coverage for 9 specified critical illnesses under this plan. The insurer pays the lump sum amount upon diagnosis.
- Star Family Delite Insurance Plan - It is an affordable family floater health insurance plan that is designed to cover your and your entire family under a single policy.
Calculate Star Health Insurance Premium Online
- Use the online Star Health Insurance Premium Calculator and know the premium for your selected policy. It is one of the most cost-effective and time-saving methods to calculate the premium.
- To start with, simply select the plan you want to buy, go to the online calculator page, enter the basic details such as the number of family members, policy tenure, sum insured amount, age, geographical location etc.
- Once you enter all the details, you will have a fair idea of the cost of the premium for a particular plan.
Summing it up!
The increasing number of health issues is the main reason behind medical inflation. For this reason, insurance companies are coming up with a range of health insurance plans. Star health insurance plans offer coverage to a specific set of audience. And to enhance the scope of coverage most of the plans cover critical illnesses such as cancer, kidney failure etc. You can buy a policy that meets most of your needs.
You May Also Like
List of Health Insurance Companies in India
Updated: 17 February 2020 -
A quiet revolution has swept through India’s health care sector in the past five years- best evidenced in the fact that now nearly 27% of the nation’s population is insured. The Indian healthcare sector is projected ...read more
Health Insurance Claims Ratio- Things You Should Look Before Buying Health Insurance
Updated: 23 March 2020 -
There has always been a doubt in customers mind about whether the private company will keep its side of the bargain i.e. it will settle the claim or not. A customer spends premium annually which will cover his medical ex...read more
Dental Insurance : Covers and Benefits in India
Updated: 12 March 2020 -
Sumit recently discovered the excruciating pain of when one’s wisdom tooth starts to come in. Having endured it for quite some time, he decides to get the tooth extracted before it gets even worse. After asking around ...read more
How does GST Impact your Insurance Premium?
Updated: 10 January 2020 -
“Change is only constant,” they say. Change in one thing that ends up impacting the other. The 3 percent increase in GST is going to impact the insurance premium adversely. This article will be your guide regarding t...read more
Is it Wise to Choose a Health Card over OPD Insurance?
Updated: 10 January 2020 -
Health insurance is inevitable in today's inflation hit age. Medical costs are indeed rising at an unabated pace but have you ever wondered your health plan might as well have considerable gaps. Even a proper health poli...read more