Chola MS Flexi Health Insurance Plan
Health insurance with in-built flexibility helps the insured to secure the financial safety net in medical emergencies. Chola MS Flexi Health Insurance Policy is one such plan that falls under this category. This health insurance policy offers insurance coverage in times of medical emergencies. Flexible sum insured options and multiple convenient premium payment frequencies help personalize the Chola MS Health Insurance to match the specific needs.
The policy is available for 1, 2, and 3 years of tenure. The primary coverage in the Chola MS Flexi Health Insurance Policy extends to the following:
- Hospitalization Expenses: In-patient treatment expenses are eligible for cashless reimbursement in a wide range of Network Hospitals.
- Pre and Post Hospitalization Expenses: All medical expenses incurred during 30 days before hospitalization and 60 days from the discharge date are reimbursed.
- Day Care Hospitalization: Procedures and treatment which do not require 24-hours hospitalization are eligible for cashless reimbursement.
- Domiciliary Hospitalization: The medical expenses incurred for treatment at home is fully covered.
- Organ Donor Expenses: Expenses incurred for organ transplantation are also covered under the Chola MS Health Insurance.
Inclusions of the Chola MS Flexi Health Insurance Policy
Apart from the primary coverage discussed above, the Chola MS Flexi Health plan provides many benefits to the insured. The significant ones among them are listed below:
- Emergency Ambulance Charges: The reimbursable amount is limited to 1% of the Sum Insured per hospitalization with a maximum cap of Rs 2000.
- Newborn Baby Cover: The coverage starts from day one, provided the mother is covered under the policy for at least 12 months.
- Second Medical Opinion: The insured can seek reimbursement for specialist opinion up to a maximum sum of Rs 25, 000.
- Additional Sum Insured: The Sum Insured is enhanced up to 25%, subject to a maximum of Rs 3 lakh to cover road accidents. However, the insured are eligible for this benefit if the chosen Sum Insured exceeds Rs 3 lakh.
Chola MS Flexi Health Insurance Policy: Exclusions
It is imperative to be aware of the exclusions before deciding to buy Chola MS Health Insurance to ensure a seamless claim experience. The list below is only indicative, and it is for the Insured to check the policy document for comprehensive details of further exclusions.
- There is an initial waiting period of 30 days for all diseases except for accidental injury or renewal.
- The waiting period applicable to Pre-Existing Diseases (PED) is 36 months of continuous coverage.
- Claims of listed diseases are considered only after 24 months of continuous coverage.
- Self-inflicted injury or attempt to commit suicide is not covered under the policy.
- Injuries or medical conditions requiring treatment but originated from nuclear peril, acts of war, hostilities, or terrorism are also excluded, as for indulging in extreme adventure sports.
- The cost of any cosmetic procedure not related to an accident is not considered for reimbursement.
Features & Benefits of the Chola MS Flexi Health Insurance Policy
The coverage or inclusions in the Chola MS Flexi Health Insurance Policy are discussed in some detail. Here are some of the promising features of the plan, prompting the Insured to buy Chola MS Flexi Health. They are:
- Flexible Sum Insured options are available to suit every preference from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 25 lakh.
- The insured can choose flexible Premium Paying Frequencies like Annual, Semi-annual, Quarterly, Monthly, and Single Pay.
- Restoration of the Sum Insured is allowed up to 100% for unrelated claims.
- No Claim Bonus up to 50% of the Sum Insured also fetches the facility for Health Check-up for every two claim-free years.
- Other benefits include reimbursement of compassionate traveling expenses up to Rs 5,000 and repatriation of mortal remains up to Rs 3,000.
- Tax exemptions are permitted under Sec 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
The eligibility conditions to avail this plan are mentioned below:
Individual Basis or Floater covering the entire family.
Minimum Entry Age
Adult: 18 years
Children: 3 months
Maximum Entry Age
Adult: 65 years
Children: 26 years(unemployed)
Lifelong policy renewability
Number of people covered
- Individual: Self, Spouse, Parents, Children, and Siblings, Parents in Laws
- Family Floater: Max 6 family members, Individual, spouse and dependent children up to the age of 25 years
Residents of India, including citizens and Permanent Residents
Information on Cancellation of the Policy
The insured is eligible to cancel the online Chola MS Flexi Health or otherwise, within the stipulated time frame and refund rules framed in the Free Look Policy.
Ans: If the insured is over 50 years of age, medical evaluation is a must.
Ans: Apart from the usual factors like age and the Sum Insured, the Chola MS Flexi Health Insurance Policy premium is location-based in cities classified as Tier I or II.
Ans: A seamless claim experience is ensured by round the clock assistance for cashless treatment in a vast network of hospitals.
Ans: The policy covers a Daily benefit of Rs 500 per day up to a maximum of 10 days every policy period towards expenses for the person accompanying.
Ans: Yes, the insured gets cover for AYUSH treatment.
Written By: PolicyBazaar - Updated: 28 December 2020