IFFCO Tokio Individual Personal Accident Policy
Personal accident insurance provides coverage against hospitalization expenses on account of accidents and covers death and disabilities, whether permanent or temporary. On the unfortunate accidental death of the person insured, the Insurer pays 100% compensation to the nominee. IFFCO Tokio Individual Personal Accident Policy one such plan that compensates the policyholder for the expenses incurred for availing treatment. Apart from this, the plan also provides coverage for loss of limbs, eyes and speech.
The coverage offered by the IFFCO Tokio Individual Personal Accident Insurance Policy are as mentioned below:
- Permanent Partial/Total Disability: If the policyholder gets injured in an accident which results in loss of toes, finger, etc., due to which the person insured is rendered disabled partially or totally, then under permanent partial disability the IFFCO Tokio Health Insuranceup to 100% of the sum insured depending on the disability.
- Temporary Partial/Total Disability: If the policyholder is rendered temporarily disabled in an accident, then the policyholder gets 1% of Capital Sum Insured (CSI) or Rs 25,000 (whichever is lower) every week.
- Employment Benefit: If the policyholder is unable to work due to any kind of permanent total disability in an accident, the IFFCO Tokio Individual Personal Accident Health Insurance Policy will provide coverage for employment loss in the form of compensation. The policyholder gets Rs 15,000 or 1% of CSI, whichever is lower.
Inclusions of the IFFCO Tokio Individual Personal Accident Health Insurance Policy
IFFCO Tokio Individual Personal Accident Health Insurance Policy also provides coverage for:
- Accidental In-patient Hospitalization Coverage - The plan will cover in-patient hospitalization if the person is accidentally injured and needs medical attention.
- Damage to Clothes - On damage to the clothes due to accidents, the plan pays Rs 1000 or lower, for the same.
- Accident Overseas - This plan covers accidents occurring in a foreign country.
- Worldwide Emergency Assistance – These assistance services are provided in the form of transportation assistance in case of emergency, to the hospital and back home.
Exclusions of the Plan
The IFFCO Tokio Individual Personal Accident Policy does not cover any of the following treatments or their expenses:
- Past accidents or illnesses
- Pregnancy and Childbirth
- Intentional self-harm or injury
- Injuries due to alcoholism or drugs
- Injuries due to war, riots, or warlike situations
- Injured on account of participation in armed campaigns or military operations
- Any adventure or hazardous sports, etc.
Individuals can refer to the complete list of exclusions mentioned in the policy document for more information.
IFFCO Tokio Individual Personal Accident Policy Insurance Policy: Features and Benefits
The features and benefits of IFFCO Tokio Individual Personal Accident Policy Insurance Policy are:
- 100% of the sum insured will be paid out to the nominee in the event of the policyholder's unfortunate demise.
- If the person insured suffers total disability due to loss of both eyes, or both limbs and one eye & one limb, then 100% of the sum insured amount will be paid.
- In case of permanent total disability of the Insured person, 100% of the Capital Sum Insured (CSI) is payable in this policy.
- In case of permanent partial disability of the Insured person, i.e., in case of accidental loss of one limb or one eye, the policyholder is entitled to 50% of the Capital Sum Insured payout.
- Education Benefit: If the person insured suffers from permanent total disability, loss of both limbs or eyes, or death, then the Policy covers the dependent child's education
- Rs 5000 or 10% of Capital Sum Insured, whichever is lower if the child is below 23 years of age.
- Rs 10,000 or 10% of Capital Sum Insured, whichever is lower, for more than two children up to 23 years of age.
- Ambulance Benefit: Up to Rs 1,000 per hospitalization or lower will be paid by the Policy.
- Cumulative Benefit: For every claims' free year, the policyholder gets a 5% cumulative bonus of the premiums paid for every year. This is up to a maximum of 50%.
The policy comes with the following eligibility criteria:
Individual or Family Floater
Minimum Entry Age
Maximum Entry Age
Number of people covered
Self, spouse, up to four children, two parents, two parent-in-laws
Indian Citizens and Residents, including foreigners with an employment pass or any kind of dependent pass holders with a work permit.
Cancellation of Policy
If the policyholder has a reason to return the policy on account of dissatisfaction with the policy terms, he/she can choose to cancel the IFFCO Tokio Individual Personal Accident Policy Health Insurance plan. There is a free look period of 15 days given by the Insurer at the time of policy purchase, wherein the Insured can return the Policy. The Insurer will refund the premiums paid less some nominal charges. The Insurer can also cancel the Policy if the Insured is found to be indulged in fraud or misrepresentation.