IFFCO Tokio Family Health Protector Policy
“Nothing is worth your health and family.” This policy provides protection to you and your family against healthcare expenses. Your whole family can be covered under this policy including your spouse, dependent children, parents, brother in law, sister in law, nephew, niece, brother, sister or any other relative.
- Room rents are paid on the basis of class of cities. For class A cities, room rents are payable up to 1.5% of sum insured and in case of class B cities, room rent is paid up to 1.25% of sum insured.
- Domiciliary hospitalization has a sublimit of 20% of sum insured.
- ICU charges are covered up to 2.5% for Class A cities and for Class B it is payable up to 2% of sum insured.
- Cumulative bonus can be availed from 5% to 50% on claim free renewals.
- 121 surgical procedures are covered.
- Cost of health check will be reimbursed after a block of 4 years up to a limit of 1% of sum insured.
Policy period: This policy is issued for one year.
Coverage: Whole family can be covered under this policy.
The proposer has to sign an application form to buy this policy. Medical history is not compulsory but can be asked by insurance company in some situations.
Proposer has to be in the age slab of 18 years to 65 years. Under one policy, coverage can be provided to the whole family.
- It covers the fees of medical practitioners like surgeon, anesthetist etc.
- Vitamins and tonics forming part of treatment are covered.
- Once the claim is settled the sum insured is again reinstated by deducting premium from the claim amount. This is applicable for all the policies with a basic sum insured of 3 lacs and above.
- Any illness or disease contracted due to intake of alcohol or other addictive substances will not be covered.
- Co-payment: In case of claims following table will be applicable.
No. Of claims
Percentage of Co-payment
Percentage of co-payment First claim
7.5% (seven and half percent) of the admissible claim amount.
10%(ten percent) of the admissible claim amount
Fourth claim and above
20%(twenty percent) of the admissible claim amount
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
- Max Bupa Health Insurance
- SBI Health Insurance
- Raheja QBE Health Insurance
- Bharti AXA Health Insurance
- Universal Sompo Health Insurance
- Future Generali Health Insurance
- Apollo Munich Health Insurance
- Star Health Insurance
- HDFC Ergo Health Insurance
- Cholamandalam Health Insurance
- United India Health Insurance
- Tata AIG Health Insurance
- Royal Sundaram Health Insurance
- Reliance Health Insurance
- New India Health Insurance
- National Health Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance
- Oriental Health Insurance
- Liberty Health Insurance
- Cigna TTK Health Insurance
- LIC Jeevan Arogya Plan(Health Insurance)
- Religare Health Insurance
- Alarming! 32 Percent of Indian Population Suffers from Thyroid
- Why do Patients of Hypertension Need Health Insurance?
- Why is Health Insurance Necessary for Asthma Patients?
- Family Health Insurance vs Family Floater Plan: What to Buy?
- How to use Mediclaim Policy Premium Calculator to Calculate Premium?
- Best Family Health Insurance Plans for Expecting Parents in India