SBI General Critical Illness Plan
SBI General’s Critical Illness Insurance Policy gives you a protection of fixed sum assured that you can use against 13 most important critical illnesses. In case of critical illness, this policy helps the insured person to bear the high cost of treatment and thus, makes him financially stable in these critical situations.
Key Features and Benefits
- It gives you a coverage against below 13 most critical illness –
Kidney Failure (End Stage Renal Failure)
Primary Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
Major Organ Transplant
Coronary artery by-pass grafts (with surgery to divide the breastbone)
Aorta Graft Surgery
Heart Valve Surgery
Myocardial Infarction (First Heart Attack)
- Any person can take this policy up to an age of 65 years.
- Two plan options are available- 1 year and 3 year.
- Total sum insured can reach upto 50 lacs.
- The premium paid is exempt from Income Tax under Sec 80 D of Income Tax act.
- Free lookup period of 15 days is provided as per IRDA.
Minimum Sum Assured – Rs.2, 00,000
Maximum Sum Assured – Rs.50, 00,000
Coverage Type – Individual
Age Limits– A person can take this policy from an age of 18 years up to an age of 65 years.
Health CheckUp – No Health check up is required up to an age of 45 years in case the person have no health problems in past.
Grace Period – A time span of 15 days is given to deposit for the payment of premium.
Free Look Period – If you would not be pleased with the coverage, and terms and conditions of the policy, you have the option of cancelling the policy within 15 days of receipt of the policy documents, provided there has been no claim.
Only 1 critical illness claim is allowed by the company during the lifetime of the insured person. Once the person uses the critical illness benefit, it will automatically terminate.
- No benefit will be provided up to a period of 90 days from the start of the policy.
- Pre- Existing disease, related conditions & complications will not be the part of the policy terms.
- Attempted suicide will not be covered under this policy.
- Sexually transmitted conditions, mental or nervous disorder, Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), Human Immune deficiency Virus (HIV) infection.
- No coverage will be given if the illness is caused due to the consumption of drugs, alcohol, or other intoxicants or hallucinogens unless prescribed by a Medical Practitioner.
Policyholder has to fill up an ‘Application form/ proposal form’ with accurate medical history along with the address proof. Medical examination may be required in some cases, based on the sum assured and the age of the person.
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
- Max Bupa Health Insurance
- SBI Health Insurance
- Raheja QBE Health Insurance
- Bharti AXA Health Insurance
- Universal Sompo Health Insurance
- Future Generali Health Insurance
- Apollo Munich Health Insurance
- Star Health Insurance
- HDFC Ergo Health Insurance
- Cholamandalam Health Insurance
- United India Health Insurance
- Tata AIG Health Insurance
- Royal Sundaram Health Insurance
- Reliance Health Insurance
- New India Health Insurance
- National Health Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance
- Oriental Health Insurance
- Liberty Videocon Health Insurance
- Cigna TTK Health Insurance
- LIC Jeevan Arogya Plan(Health Insurance)
- Religare Health Insurance
- New India Assurance Senior Citizen Mediclaim Policy
- Star Health Insurance for Senior Citizens
- How to Choose the Best Critical Illness Insurance Plan?
- Health Insurance for Differently-Abled Individuals
- How is Group Personal Accident Insurance Premium Calculated?
- Budget 2018: Insurance Benefits for Senior Citizens Raised