SBI Super Health Insurance Policy
SBI Health Insurance Policy is an all-inclusive medical policy that offers a unique range of insurance benefits
Benefits of the SBI Super Health Insurance Plan
The SBI Super Health Insurance Plan comes with a wide range of benefits, as listed below:
- Annual Health Check-up Facility- The policy offers the policyholders an annual yearly health check-up facility during the policy term.
- Health Multiplier- It also offers a sum insured for 37 serious illnesses; a multiplier as specified within the Policy schedule would increase it.
- Domiciliary Hospitalization - The plan covers medical expenses incurred during a domiciliary hospitalization after the insurer or any dependents have suffered an illness or injury.
- Pre-Hospitalization Expenses - The SBI Super Health Insurance Policy covers medical expenses up to 60 days before the date of hospitalization.
- Post-Hospitalization Expenses - The policy covers post-hospitalization expenses for up to 180 days. It is applicable from the date of discharge according to the chosen insurance plan.
- Home Health Care - It covers any treatment availed at home within the policy year up to the base insured sum. It is applicable only when the treating medical practitioner provides written confirmation.
- OPD Cover - Any medical expenses incurred under OPD cover will be covered up to Rs. 10,000 per single adult and Rs. 20,000 per family according to the plan chosen.
- Maternity Cover - The insured gets maternity cover benefits for up to Rs. 2, 00,000. The cover also includes pre-natal and post-natal check-up and medical expenses.
- Bariatric Surgery - Through the SBI Super Health Insurance Policy, the insured individual will have coverage for all medical expenses up to Rs. 2 00,000.
- Modern Treatments - It covers any medical expenses for any procedures or treatment as mentioned within the policy schedule.
Unique Insurance Covers
The SBI Super Health Insurance plan includes a wide range of covers like health multiplier, Reinsure benefits, Medical Treatment abroad and annual health check-up, among many others.
- ReInsure Benefit – It reinstates the Sum Insured multiple times for any illness within the policy year. It is activated, payable as soon as the first claim is raised and available for all follow up claims within the policy term. A single claim within this benefit will also be payable for up to 100% or 200% of the base sum insured as indicated in the Policy Schedule.
- Enhanced Cumulative Benefit – An enhanced cumulative bonus of 50% of the base sum insured will be provided to the policyholder each time no claims are filed in the previous policy year. Also, ensuring that the insurance policy has been renewed on time without any breaks is essential. A maximum capping of 100% or 200% of the base sum insured within the ongoing policy year is provided.
- Claims Shield Benefit – It pays for all Non-medical expenses incurred. Some of the examples are gloves, food, and other consumables that are relevant during hospitalization.
- E-opinion - The policy provides the insured individual to select E-Opinion and be provided with consultation from the empanelled medical practitioner.
- Recovery Benefit - The policy ensures that if an individual is hospitalised for more than five successive days, the insurer will pay a consolidated amount of a maximum of Rs. 10,000. The amount is based on the plan chosen and is over and above the base sum insured amount.
- Loyalty Credit - SBI Super Health Insurance ensures that if the insured renews the policy successfully without a break, the applicable base sum insured will be increased by 50% compared to the previous year.
- Walk Healthy - It provides a discount at the time of renewal whenever the insured achieves a target point on the mobile application provided by SBI.
Inclusions of SBI Super Health Insurance Plan
The SBI Super Health Insurance Plan includes the following coverage:
- Outpatient (OPD) Cover- It covers all kinds of expenses, including pharmacy and diagnostic expenses.
- Coverage for Medical Treatment Abroad- The insurer pays for expenses incurred on medical treatment abroad for 16 major treatments, as mentioned in the policy wordings.
- Bariatric Surgery - SBI Super Health Insurance Policy covers bariatric surgery expenses from Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 2, 00,000.
- Modern Treatments - The policy provides the insured with modern treatment cover or procedure undertaken as specified in the policy schedule. The medical expenses thus incurred will be included as Inpatient Care Treatment or Day Care treatment and be covered up to the Sum Insured.
SBI Super Health Insurance Plan provides the following optional covers for the insured:
- Enhanced ReInsure Benefit – This optional coverage will refill up to 200% of the Basic Sum Insured in place of 100% on the completion of the existing policy Sum Insured.
- Enhanced Cumulative Bonus Safeguard – Choosing this optional cover helps protect the percentage of the enhanced cumulative bonus at the time of renewal.
- Aggregate Deductible – After selecting this option, the insured individual will bear an amount equal to the opted deductible from his or her own account, as mentioned in the Policy Schedule.
- Domestic Help/Staff Indemnity Cover – This option will ensure that compensation is provided to the domestic help for the medically necessary treatment taken by the insured.
- Co-payment – It ensures that a 10 or 20% co-payment applies on each admissible claim after the deductible, wherever applicable.
Exclusions of SBI Super Health Insurance Plans
The following medical expenses are not included in the SBI Super Health Insurance Plan:
- Expenses related to diagnostics that may or may not be related to the current diagnosis and treatment
- Expenses created due to enforced bedrest minus any form of treatments
- Obesity or Weight Control related expenses
- Gender change treatments
- Plastic or cosmetic surgery
- Adventure or Hazardous sports
- Any action taken that breaches laws
- Excluded medical facilities or experts
- Addiction to substances or consequences of addiction
- Sterility or treatments for infertility
- Unproven treatments
- Treatment related to eyesight correction
SBI Super Health Insurance Waiting Periods
Below is the list of waiting periods relevant to the SBI Super Health Insurance policy:
|Initial Waiting Period
|Specific Illness Waiting Period
||1 year/2 years
|Pre-existing Diseases Waiting Period
|Medical Treatment Abroad
|Hypertension, Cardiac Condition and Diabetes
||Single Adult -4 years
Other Family Combinations – 2 years
|Medical Treatment Abroad