- Iron 883 has a Sportster design with low seat, slightly high handlebar, round headlight, longish wheel travel in front.
- Iron 883 looks good in all 3 colour options which are Olive Gold, Charcoal Denim & Black Denim.
- In all these trim there is minimalistic chrome which is unlike Harley but instead it makes it up by having that attitude.
- Bike’s dimensions are 2179 mm x 821 mm x 1107 mm (L x W x H)
Power & Performance:
Iron 883 is powered by 883cc air cooled V-twin engine. The power delivery is linear. This Harley shows urgency from the word go & accelerates quite briskly. Being a V-Twin torque is available throughout the rev range. The engine is pretty stress free & only tends to viberate around the red line.
50 Hp at 5800 RPM
69 Nm at 3500 RPM
Manual 5 Speed Gear Box
Acceleration (0-100 kmph)
Fuel Economy (kmpl)
Braking & Handling:
Iron 883 is a heavy bike. However, once it starts rolling it forgets it’s a 260+kg bike. Straight line stability is great. It also handles long sweeping corners brilliantly. However, become too aggressive with the corners & you will start scraping foot pegs. Bike has 39mm telescopic forks in the front & Dual shock absorbers at the rear. It rides on 100/90 19’ front & 130/90 16’ rear wheels.
- The seating position on Iron 883 is low with a slight reach to the handlebars.
- It is well proportionate for riders of low to medium height.
- Iron 883 gets a single 300mm disc brake in front & a 260mm single disc at the rear.
- The bike sadly misses out on ABS.
What Insurance cover to opt for:
Iron 883 is an all American cruiser with tonnes of attitude. All its parts have to be imported & the repair bill runs high. It is important to have an insurance cover which can get you through costly repairs in case of a crash as well as in the unfortunate case of theft.
- A premium product like Iron 883 needs 0% depreciation insurance as it goes a long way in keeping the repair bills down in case of a fall.
- It is a good idea to have an insurance that gives you complete cover from theft as a premium is a thief magnet.
- Always prefer an insurance that gives you cashless benefit.
You can also check insurance for the following bike models:
Two Wheeler insurance articles
29 Feb 2024In India, owning a bike is not just a mode of transportation; it
21 Feb 2024Breaking, violating, or disobeying traffic rules is an offence
15 Feb 2024Every bike insurance policy comes with specific clauses. One of
09 Feb 2024If you are cruising the bustling streets of your city in your
11 Jan 2024When it comes to two-wheelers in India, having third-party bike
^The renewal of insurance policy is subject to our operations not being impacted by a system failure or force majeure event or for reasons beyond our control. Actual time for a transaction may vary subject to additional data requirements and operational processes.
^The buying of Insurance policy is subject to our operations not being impacted by a system failure or force majeure event or for reasons beyond our control. Actual time for transaction may vary subject to additional data requirements and operational processes.
#Savings are based on the comparison between highest and the lowest premium for own damage cover (excluding add-on covers) provided by different insurance companies for the same vehicle with the same IDV and same NCB.
*TP price for less than 75 CC two-wheelers. All savings are provided by insurers as per IRDAI-approved insurance plan. Standard T&C apply.
*Rs 538/- per annum is the price for third party motor insurance for two wheelers of not more than 75cc (non-commercial and non-electric)
#Savings are based on the comparison between the highest and the lowest premium for own damage cover (excluding add-on covers) provided by different insurance companies for the same vehicle with the same IDV and same NCB.
*₹ 1.5 is the Comprehensive premium for a 2015 TVS XL Super 70cc, MH02(Mumbai) RTO with an IDV of ₹5,895 and NCB at 50%.
*Rs 457/- per annum (1.3/day) is the price for the third-party motor insurance for private electric two-wheelers of not more than 3KW (non-commercial). Premium is payable on an annual basis