Hero Electric Two Wheeler Insurance
Hero Electric is a sub-company of Hero Eco Group. Hero Electric is a pioneer in the Electric vehicle industry of India. Hero Electric has been constantly experimenting, innovating and making products for the Electric vehicle market in India. The parent company Hero Eco has its operations running in 32 countries around the globe. However, protecting it with a hero electric two-wheeler insurance is necessary so that you can get coverage for any unforeseen damages.Read more
Benefits of Purchasing Hero Electric Two Wheeler Insurance
Purchasing a Hero electric two-wheeler itself is like a favour towards the environment, the upcoming generation along with society. However, purchasing a Hero Electric two-wheeler insurance comes with several benefits and they are as follows:
- Financial Aid: When you get your Hero electric two-wheeler gets covered with an insurance plan then the insurance plan makes sure that you get financial aid in case of any damage or loss caused to the bike in an accident.
- Coverage Enhanced: Purchasing third-party bike insurance is mandatory in India. However, you can always enhance the coverage by purchasing a comprehensive plan and adding any of the required add-ons provided by the insurer by paying an extra amount in your premium.
- Quick Recovery: When you get your Hero electric bike covered then you can get the damages recovered quickly as you do not have to pay for it out of pocket.
- Law Abiding Citizen: As mentioned above, purchasing third-party liability insurance is mandatory in India. This helps you stay out of the way of any legal consequences.
- Peace of Mind:Purchasing the Hero electric two-wheeler insurance comes with peace of mind as you do not have to worry about any unforeseen expenses coming out of an accident.
What is Covered Under Hero Electric Two-Wheeler Insurance?
When you purchase a comprehensive insurance plan, you must read about the kind of coverage it will provide. Here are the things covered under Hero Electric Two-wheeler insurance.
- Accidents: The insured Hero electric two-wheeler gets coverage for the loss or damage caused by an accident.
- Repairing & Replacement: The insured Hero electric two-wheeler gets coverage for the repairing or replacement of any damaged part.
- Theft: The insured two-wheeler gets coverage for theft as it comes under the total loss clause if the two-wheeler is nowhere to be found by the police.
- Natural Calamities: The insurance plan provides cover for the loss or damage caused to the two-wheeler due to floods, earthquakes, typhoons, etc.
- Third-party: The comprehensive insurance plan provides coverage for any loss or damage caused to the third-party in a road accident.
- Personal Accident Cover: It is mandatory to purchase the personal accident cover in India as it provides coverage for any treatment of the injury for up to Rs. 15 Lakh.
What is Not Covered Under Hero Electric Two-Wheeler Insurance?
As much as it is important to know about the inclusions, it is equally important to know about the things that are not covered under the e-bike insurance plan. They are as follows:
- Third-party Insurance Holder’s Own Damage: If you only own third-party liability insurance, the insurer will not provide coverage for the own damages.
- Drunk Driving:The insurer will not provide coverage for any loss or damage caused to the Hero electric two-wheeler if the rider is found driving the two-wheeler under the influence of alcohol.
- Without License:If the rider is found riding the two-wheeler without a valid license when the accident took place, the insurer will not provide coverage for it.
- Intentional Negligence: If the loss or damage caused to the two-wheeler is intentionally neglected by the insured and gets severe with time, the insurer will not provide coverage for it.
- Consequential Damages:Any kind of damage that is not the result of direct contact with any vehicle or object is not covered under the policy.
- Policy Lapse: If you do not renew the insurance plan on time and it lapses then the insurer will not provide cover for any loss or damage and also you can land into any legal trouble.
How To Raise A Claim Under Hero Electric Two Wheeler Insurance?
The process of raising a claim for any loss or damage is simple. Follow the steps given below:
- Step 1: Inform the insurer as soon as the accident takes place so that they can initiate from their side.
- Step 2: Take pictures of the damage caused to the two-wheeler as proof that you can show them to the insurer. You can also send them the pictures online if they provide coverage through online inspection.
- Step 3: Keep the documents ready that you will have to submit along with the claim form to the insurer.
- Step 4: The insurer will send an inspector to check if you have not raised a false claim. Once the inspector is satisfied, he/she will give a green signal to begin the claiming process.
- Step 5: Once the insurer gets a green signal from the inspector, they will provide coverage for the damage repairing or replacement. If you visit the cashless garage registered with the insurer then you get a cashless claim. However, the insurer will compensate for the damages in a few days.
How to Renew Hero Electric Two Wheeler Insurance?
The Hero electric bike insurance comes with a tenure of 1 to 3 years. Once this tenure is over, the insurer would not provide you any kind of coverage as your policy will lapse. This is why it is important to keep the expiry date in mind and renew the policy on time.
Step 1: Visit the official website of the Policybazaar Insurance Brokers Private Limited.
Step 2: Enter the policy number of your existing insurance plan.
Step 3: You can add or remove any add-on as per your requirement.
Step 4: Now locate the “Renew” button and click on it.
Step 5: If you have added an add-on the insurance premium will increase, if you remove an add-on the premium will decrease.
Step 6: Now you will see the updated premium amount of your insurance plan.
Step 7: You can make the payment using UPI, debit/credit cards, net banking, etc.
Step 8: Once the payment is complete, the insurer will issue an updated insurance policy and send the policy documents to your registered email ID.
Why Purchase From Policybazaar Insurance Brokers Private Limited?
When you purchase the insurance plan online from Policybazaar Insurance Brokers Private Limited, you get to learn about your policy in detail. You can also compare different plans and in one place. Apart from this, you can even calculate the insurance premium amount using the online premium calculator provided on the website itself.
Ans: Yes, it is mandatory to purchase a third-party liability insurance plan in India to ride legally on the road. If caught without one, you will have to pay a hefty amount of fine for not having one. However, it depends on you whether to purchase a comprehensive insurance plan or not.
Ans: Yes, it is possible to renew the plan online on the official website of Policybazaar Insurance Brokers Private Limited. You just have to access your existing insurance plan by entering the policy number. Now, if you want then you can add or remove any add-on as per your need and then process to make the payment for the updated insurance plan. Once the payment is done, the insurer will send you the updated insurance policy.
Ans: Yes, the insurer sends the inspector to inspect your damaged bike to make sure that you have not raised a false claim. If the inspector does not find any such damage that is not covered under the policy, the insurer will not provide coverage for it.
Q: Is it mandatory to carry the pollution under control certificate while riding the Hero electric two-wheeler?Ans: No, you are not required to carry PUC while riding Hero Electric two-wheeler because the two-wheeler runs on a battery and does not release any kind of smoke. You can simply charge the two-wheeler in your house and enjoy the ride without polluting the city.
Ans: No, if you do not renew the insurance plan on time and your policy lapses then the insurer will not provide coverage for any kind of loss or damage. However, you get 90 days of grace period to renew your insurance plan that will save your no claim bonus and if you still do not renew the plan within those 90 days then the insurer will cancel your insurance plan.
Two Wheeler insurance articles
04 Oct 2022In India, many road accidents are caused due to rash driving or...
30 Sep 2022A motorbike, be it of any type, need regular care to keep it in...
29 Aug 2022Buying a bike or any other two-wheeler has become easier with a...
04 Aug 2022Buying a two-wheeler can be a significant step in one's life as...
25 Jul 2022Keeping your bike free from dents and scratches is one of the...