Hero MotoCorp is one of the most reputed two-wheeler company in India. They have been providing an excellent range of stylish and comfortable two-wheelers to its customers. The two-wheelers are designed with a mission to become the best two-wheeler company both in India and Globally with their technology and performance packed products. No matter how innovative a Hero MotoCorp vehicle is it is still imperative to secure it with an adequate bike insurance policy.Read more
5 Popular Bike Models with Hero Bike Insurance Price
The below table represents Hero Bike Insurance Price List 2019 year of manufacturing for a one-year comprehensive standard Hero bike insurance policy:
|Hero Bike Models||Estimated IDV (Rs.)||Estimated Hero Bike Insurance Price (1-year Policy)|
|Hero Maestro Edge||41, 747||Rs 838 onwards|
|Hero Passion Pro STD||27,907||Rs 847 onwards|
|Hero Splendour Plus||30, 400||Rs 835 onwards|
|Hero Pleasure||34, 874||Rs 823 onwards|
|Hero Glamour||34, 704||Rs 847 onwards|
(The above figures are for reference purpose only)
Reasons to buy Hero Bike Insurance
Hero two-wheeler insurance policy is an ideal solution to deal with road accidents and meet the cost of damage and liabilities that may arise due to road emergencies. Here’s a quick rundown of some of the major advantages of insuring your Hero MotoCorp two-wheeler-
- Hero motor insurance provides complete coverage for your motorcycle and scooter and its accessories
- Third party life, vehicle and property damage are recompensed
- Sum assured of Rs 15 lakh for the owner/driver as a personal accident protection cover
- Quick and easy Hero two-wheeler insurance renewal and purchase process
- Insurance for your two-wheeler is available for a period of 2 and 3 years as well
Inclusions of Hero Bike Insurance Policy
The basic is third party liability insurance, which is mandatory to buy if you drive a motorcycle, scooter. However, comprehensive two-wheeler insurance policy is designed to provide complete coverage for own damages. A comprehensive bike insurance policy is available for long term also; you can buy a 2 and 3-year plan.
The coverage provided under a bike insurance policy for Hero MotoCorp two-wheelers is given below:
1. Comprehensive Motor Insurance that Includes Own-Damage Cover:
A comprehensive Hero bike insurance policy covers both natural and man-made disasters. Below are some of the damages that are covered-
- Accidental damage due to external factors
- Strike and riots
- Malicious Activities
- Housebreaking, Theft, and Burglary
2. Third-Party Liability Insurance
- Third-party property damages are compensated by the insurer
- Third-party death or bodily injuries are also covered
- Any legal and financial expenses due to third-party liabilities are also covered
3. Personal Accident Cover
The owner/driver shall be compensated for INR 15 lakh in case there is an accident whilst driving the bike. Compensation is also provided if the accident takes place while mounting or dismounting from the two-wheeler.
Add-on Covers in Hero Bike Insurance
Hero MotoCorp insurance protects the insured vehicle from any loss or damage along with the add-on that can be purchased to enhance the coverage:
- Nil or Zero Depreciation Cover: If you do not want the insurer to deduct the deprecation on parts then you can opt for this one. It comes at a nominal premium and minimizes your out-of-pocket expenses at the time of claim.
- Personal Accident Cover: An add-on personal accident can be purchased for pillion riders to cover the loss or damage incurred during an accident including total or partial disabilities.
- Roadside Assistance: In case your two-wheeler breaks down in the middle of the road, you can get immediate on-site repair support from the insurer. The insurer may compensate the fees charged by the mechanic depending on the plan that you have purchased. But the cost of the replacement of the parts shall be borne by you.
- Flat Tyre Assistance: In case the tyres of your bike go flat while driving then assistance will be provided to replace the tyres. It is suggested that you carry a repair kit in your new two-wheeler.
Exclusions of Hero Bike Insurance
Hero bike insurance policy will not cover claims arising due to the following circumstances:
- Personal property damages are not covered by Hero two-wheeler insurance policy
- Routine Wear and tear
- Depreciation of the bike parts Consequential losses are also not covered
- Driving without a valid Driving license
- If the bike was found to be used for racing purposes
- Accidents resulting due to intoxication of drugs and alcohol
- Electrical as well as mechanical breakdown
How to buy Hero Bike Insurance?
You can easily purchase hero bike insurance online:
- Decide the coverage type i.e. third-party or comprehensive
- Check for optional covers
- Enter the details of your vehicle
- The premium will be calculated based on the information provided
- You can click on ‘buy now’
- Make the payment and policy will be emailed to you
Hero Bike Insurance Renewal
You can easily do hero bike insurance renewal online on Policy bazaar’s website. With online bike insurance calculator, it is convenient to check hero bike insurance renewal price.
Once all the details are submitted you will get your vehicle insurance quote. All you need to do is -
- To renew insurance purchase from another insurer, submit your mobile number and registration number.
- To purchase insurance for new Hero MotoCorp two-wheeler, submit your mobile number and manufacturing year
- To renew Hero two-wheeler insurance online submit policy details like policy number and expiry date.
3 simple steps for Hero MotoCorp insurance renewal online:
- Submit your Hero motor insurance policy number and its expiry date
- Check your policy details and the amount of hero bike insurance renewal price
- And then pay the amount online
Hero Bike Insurance Claim Process
To file a claim, you need to inform the insurance company at their helpline number or drop a mail also on their email id
As soon as you intimate the insurer, a representative from the insurer will get in touch with you to initiate the process-
- In the first place, inform the insurance company via call or email. The process will be initiated once the intimation is given.
- Second, do not attempt to repair or dismantle the damaged Hero Moto Corp two-wheeler before it is assessed by the surveyor. Before the survey submit all the documents to the surveyor.
- The survey will be conducted once the repair estimate and claim estimation receipt are provided to the repairer.
- Claim form for your Hero two-wheeler insurance to be signed and duly filled along with Pan Card and Aadhaar card details. To file a claim for a company-owned two-wheeler the form needs to be signed by an authorized signatory and should have the company seal on it.
- Original RC and DL along with a Xerox copy
- Depending on the type of claim, more documents may need to be submitted
- Cashless claim settlement will be done in case all the documents are submitted.
- Once the satisfaction voucher is signed and the remaining amount is paid, you can collect the vehicle from the garage.
- To get reimbursement of the insurance claim, you need to provide the original bill and receipts of the invoice to the insurer
- The surveyor can also ask for re-inspection of the insured Hero two-wheeler.
Documents Required for Settling Hero Bike Insurance Claims
- Claim From
- Original Driving License and RC
- A xerox copy of DL and RC
- Pan Card/Aadhaar Details
- Bill and Receipts of repair
- More documents may be required as per the case
Hero Bike Insurance FAQs
Ans: It is almost indispensable to insure your Hero bike or two-wheeler. In a long-term two-wheeler policy, protection is offered to you in case of third-party damages as well as any damage caused to your insured vehicle.
Ans: To cancel a Hero two-wheeler insurance policy, you need to give a 7 days’ notice mostly. The premium amount will be refunded in case no claim was made. The insurer will retain a certain amount of the insurance premium. Cancellation will be approved if only you provide proof of purchasing another policy. At least third-party insurance is required from another insurer to cancel the current policy.
Ans: No, you only need to buy a single policy to insure your bike for long-term.
Ans: Two-wheeler insurance premium is calculated based on several factors that are listed below-
- Bike insurance tenure – 1, 2 or 3 years
- Cubic Capacity of the engine
- The current market value of the two-wheeler
- Two-wheeler’s age
- Place of registration