Indian Two Wheeler Insurance Overview
Indian Motorcycle Company has manufactured a variety of two-wheeler motorcycles that offer unmatched performance and power. These bikes are offered by its parent company Polaris and they compete in the premium segment with Harley Davidson. These bikes not only offer a comfortable riding position but are very much suita ble for both casual and thrilling riding experiences.
An Indian two-wheeler insurance policy can be purchased to financially cover your bike from unforeseen damages such as collision, fire, manmade acts, road accidents etc. It can also help you in covering any third-party liabilities caused due to the insured two-wheeler.
Popular Indian Two Wheeler Models With Insurance Price
Indian Two Wheeler
Indian Two Wheeler
Indian Two Wheeler
Models Insurance Price*
Chief Dark Horse
Rs. 10,508 onwards
Rs. 18,504 onwards
Rs. 4,182 onwards
Rs. 17,150 onwards
Rs. 8,647 onwards
Rs. 12,325 onwards
Rs. 14,218 onwards
Disclaimer*: The Indian two wheeler insurance price for different variants depends on
factors like coverage required, add-on covers, NCB discount, etc.
Reasons to Buy Indian Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
Buying an Indian two-wheeler insurance policy for your bike can be one of the wisest decisions for the financial safety of your two-wheeler. Here are a few reasons for purchasing Indian two-wheeler insurance:
- Financial Cover: With an Indian two-wheeler insurance policy, you can get financial cover for your bike if it ever meets with a road accident.
- Mandatory in India: All bike owners in India should mandatorily have a valid bike insurance policy. if you fail to do so, you may have to pay heavy fines under the law.
- Easy Purchase: You can also get the best two-wheeler insurance in Indiaby by comparing quotes of multiple insures online and choosing the best one for your two-wheeler.
- Personal Accident Cover: With an Indian two-wheeler insurance policy, you can also get a Personal Accident cover for the owner/rider of the bike.
Types of Indian Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
Broadly, there are two types of Indian two-wheeler insurance policies offered in India. These are:
Third-Party Indian Two Wheeler Insurance
Third-party bike insurance protects the policyholder against all accidental liabilities that arise out of third-party damages due to the insured bike. These liabilities include the death or injury of a third person or third-party property damage. It is also mandatory to have third-party bike insurance if you want to legally drive on the roads of India.
Comprehensive Indian Two Wheeler Insurance
Comprehensive bike insurance protects a policyholder and the insured bike against any own damages to the insured vehicle arising out of unexpected events like road accidents, earthquakes, vandalism, fire, etc. In addition to this, it also covers any third-party liability arising out of the insured vehicle.
Inclusions of Indian Two Wheeler Insurance
An Indian two-wheeler insurance policy offers coverage for the following losses or damages to the insured vehicle:
- Any loss arising out of third party liabilities such as death, injury, or property damage
- Damages arising out of riots, strikes, vandalism, or any manmade acts
- Losses to the insured bike due to cyclones, floods, hurricanes, or other natural calamity
- Damages caused due to fire, explosion or self-ignition
- Any loss arising out of theft or burglary of the insured Indian two-wheeler
- Any damage caused in transit by rail, road, inland waterway, lift, or air.
Additional Covers Under Indian Two Wheeler Insurance
An Indian two-wheeler insurance policy can also be extended by purchasing additional covers at an extra premium amount. Some of these add-on covers are:
- Zero Depreciation Cover
- NCB Protect Cover
- Emergency assistance Cover
- Daily Allowance Benefit
- Return to Invoice Cover
- Helmet Cover
Exclusions of Indian Two Wheeler Insurance
An Indian two-wheeler insurance policy does not cover certain damages or losses. These are:
- Losses arising out of normal wear and tear of two-wheeler
- Any damage to the insured two-wheeler due to nuclear peril or civil war
- Damages arising out of the mechanical or electrical breakdown
- Damages to the insured vehicle when being driven under the influence of alcohol
- Any damage caused to the insured Indian two-wheeler when the rider was not having a valid driving license
- Losses to the insured vehicle when being driven outside the geographical area as specified in the bike insurance policy
- Any loss arising out of any contractual liability
- Depreciation caused due to the regular use of the insured two-wheeler
How to Buy Indian Two Wheeler Insurance Policy Online?
You can compare and purchase Indian two-wheeler insurance online from the best two-wheeler insurance company in India. All you need to do is visit Policybazaar.com and follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the ‘Two-wheeler Insurance’ page from the 'Insurance Products' menu.
- Select ‘proceed without bike number’ or ‘brand new bike’ option
- Select RTO, two-wheeler make, and model of your Indian two-wheeler
- Now select two-wheeler variant and registration year of your vehicle
- Answer the given questions about previous policy expiry and cover
- Now from the mentioned Indian two wheeler insurance plans of multiple insurers, choose the plan that suits your needs
- Add any additional cover you wish to add to your plan
- Now fill in the given proposal form
- Proceed with premium payment via desired payment mode
- Once the payment is made, your Indian two-wheeler insurance policy will be issued. You will be sent your policy documents at your email id.
How to Renew Indian Two Wheeler Insurance Policy?
Follow these steps for Indian two-wheeler insurance renewal from the official website of Policybazaar Insurance Web Aggregator Private Limited:
- From the ‘Insurance Products’ menu, visit the ‘Two-Wheeler Insurance’ page
- Enter your Indian two-wheeler bike number in the given form
- Select RTO/city, make, and model of your Indian two-wheeler
- Select the variant and registration year of your vehicle
- Enter details about your previous bike policy
- Choose the desired Indian two-wheeler insurance renewal plan from the given plans alongwith add-ons
- Now fill in the given proposal form
- Proceed with premium payment via UPI, net banking, or bank cards
- Once the payment is made, your Indian two-wheeler insurance policy will be renewed. You will be sent your Indian two-wheeler insurance renewal policy documents at your mail address.
Claim Procedure Under Indian Two Wheeler Insurance
Follow these steps to raise an Indian two-wheeler insurance claim with your insurance company:
- Inform your insurer about the accident so that an Indian two-wheeler insurance claim can be registered
- Now a survey will be conducted to estimate the extent of damages
- Fill in the claim form and submit the required documents
- Once the formalities are complete, the insured two-wheeler will be sent to the network garage for repairs
- Post repairs, the insurer will pay the repair bills directly to the garage and the claim will be settled
- If the repairs have been done in a non-network garage, the claim amount will be paid to you after the repairs.
Documents Required for Claim Under Indian Two Wheeler Insurance
Here are some essential documents that you need to keep handy to raise an Indian two-wheeler insurance claim:
- Duly filled claim form
- Valid copy of Registration Certificate
- Copy of driving license
- Copy of your bike insurance policy
- Copy of Police FIR
- Repair bills & original payment receipt
Ans: Yes, you can renew your Indian two wheeler insurance plan online in just 5 minutes on Policybazaar.com
Ans: You can compare multiple two-wheeler insurance plans offered by different motor insurance companies in India on web aggregators websites like Policybazaar Insurance Web Aggregator Private Limited. You can then choose and purchase the plan that best suits your requirements.
Ans: Firstly, visit the nearest police station to lodge an FIR against the stolen two-wheeler. You can then inform the insurer about the incident and submit the required documents with the FIR copy to file a claim.
Ans: Yes. All insurance companies in India allow you to transfer your No claim bonus discount when you renew your bike insurance policy or change your insurer.
Ans: Yes. There are no restrictions on the number of car insurance claims per year. However, doing so may put a negative impact on your NCB and it may get nullified.
Two Wheeler insurance articles
29 Feb 2024In India, owning a bike is not just a mode of transportation; it
21 Feb 2024Breaking, violating, or disobeying traffic rules is an offence
15 Feb 2024Every bike insurance policy comes with specific clauses. One of
09 Feb 2024If you are cruising the bustling streets of your city in your
11 Jan 2024When it comes to two-wheelers in India, having third-party bike
Indian Two Wheeler Insurance Reviews & Ratings
^The renewal of insurance policy is subject to our operations not being impacted by a system failure or force majeure event or for reasons beyond our control. Actual time for a transaction may vary subject to additional data requirements and operational processes.
^The buying of Insurance policy is subject to our operations not being impacted by a system failure or force majeure event or for reasons beyond our control. Actual time for transaction may vary subject to additional data requirements and operational processes.
#Savings are based on the comparison between highest and the lowest premium for own damage cover (excluding add-on covers) provided by different insurance companies for the same vehicle with the same IDV and same NCB.
*TP price for less than 75 CC two-wheelers. All savings are provided by insurers as per IRDAI-approved insurance plan. Standard T&C apply.
*Rs 538/- per annum is the price for third party motor insurance for two wheelers of not more than 75cc (non-commercial and non-electric)
#Savings are based on the comparison between the highest and the lowest premium for own damage cover (excluding add-on covers) provided by different insurance companies for the same vehicle with the same IDV and same NCB.
*₹ 1.5 is the Comprehensive premium for a 2015 TVS XL Super 70cc, MH02(Mumbai) RTO with an IDV of ₹5,895 and NCB at 50%.
*Rs 457/- per annum (1.3/day) is the price for the third-party motor insurance for private electric two-wheelers of not more than 3KW (non-commercial). Premium is payable on an annual basis