Yamaha Motors entered the Indian market in 1985 as a joint venture and became a 100% of Yamaha Motor Company Ltd. in August 2001. Further in 2008, Mitsui & Company Limited became a joint-investor with Yamaha Motor Private Limited in India. Yamaha provides a range of bikes, superbikes, Scooters that are suitable for a wide range of audiences. And it is important to insure your Yamaha bike or scooter with a Yamaha insurance policy for two-wheeler.Read more
5 Popular Yamaha Bike Models with Insurance Cost
Yamaha Bike Model
Estimated IDV ( Rs)
Estimated Annual Premium for Comprehensive Yamaha
Rs 400 onwards
Rs 300 onwards
Rs 200 onwards
Rs 177 onwards
Rs 168 onwards
(The above table is for reference purposes only. Your Yamaha bike Insurance cost may vary based on IDV, zero dep. and various other factors)
Reasons to buy Yamaha Two-wheeler Insurance
Yamaha insurance offers coverage to third-party liabilities and own damages in the comprehensive plan. You can either choose to buy third-party insurance or comprehensive insurance, depending upon your priorities.
It is mandatory to buy at least 3rd party vehicle insurance. However, their comprehensive policy offers extensive coverage along with an option to buy add-on benefits such as Daily Cash Allowance, Hydrostatic Lock Cover, and Roadside Assistance among others.
Furthermore, you can buy optional extensions like loss of accessories cover, liability cover for paid drivers, and personal accident protection for the co-passengers.
Key Benefits and Features of Yamaha Two-wheeler Insurance
The numerous benefits of buying Yamaha Insurance for your bike or scooter and some of them are listed below-
- Cashless claim settlement at network garages PAN India
- Emergency assistance over phone and emails
- Dedicated grievance redressal team
- A variety of discounts are offered on the premium
- Extensive coverage with add-on benefits
- The easy and hassle-free claim process
Inclusions of Yamaha Two-wheeler Insurance
The first and foremost thing that you should check while purchasing a policy is the coverage that it provides. Following are the two type of two-wheeler insurance that you can consider for your Yamaha bike:
- Comprehensive Coverage for Own Vehicle Damage - You will get compensation for damages that are caused under the following circumstances-
- Riots, strike, fire, explosion
- Accidental landslides/ rockslides
- Malicious acts
- Floods, earthquake, storms, cyclone
- While transporting the insured two-wheeler
- Third-Party Liability Bike Insurance- It is mandatory to buy third-party motor insurance cover for all the vehicle owners in India. The coverage provided ranges from third-party property damage to third-party death/bodily injuries. Liability cover settles legal expenses/claims as demanded by a third-party or the court of law.
- Compulsory Accident Cover- It also provides compensation for accidental damage caused to the driver/owner of the two-wheeler.
Yamaha Bike Insurance Add-on Benefits
In a comprehensive bike insurance policy, you can avail the following additional benefits by paying an extra amount of premium -
- Zero Depreciation cover
- Engine Protection cover
- Consumables Cover
- Key Replacement Benefit
- Secure Towing Assistance
- Roadside Assistance
- No-Claim-Bonus Protection Cover
Exclusions under Yamaha Bike Insurance
Claims arising due to the following reasons shall not be entertained -
- An accident that has occurred outside the Geographical Area
- If the owner/driver is found to be driving without a DL
- Any consequential loss
- Routine wear and tear
- If the driver is found to be driving the two-wheeler after consuming drugs or alcohol
- Using the two-wheeler beyond the scope of the limitation
Yamaha Insurance Optional Benefits
- Personal accident coverage to the co-passengers
- Loss of bike accessories ( electric & electronic)
- Legal liability cover to any workman, cleaner and the paid driver
How to Compare & Buy Yamaha Insurance for your Two-wheeler Online?
Firstly, you need to select the type of coverage you need. Whether you want to buy a liability cover or want a comprehensive cover. Because the premium for comprehensive Yamaha bike insurance policy is comparatively more, due to the extensive benefits that it provides.
Though a comprehensive policy will be on a higher side, it has long-term benefits and offers you enhanced protection. The premium for third-party bike insurance is lesser because it only covers third-party damages and not the damages caused to your two-wheeler.
The premium also depends on your bike’ age, the city of registration, fuel type, and the number of claims made during the year.
You can compare Yamaha insurance online based on the add-on benefits and select the ones that you need the most and the ones that fit in your budget. Based on the information that you submit, your Yamaha bike insurance premium will be determined.
Do not just choose a policy because of the premium cost. Make sure that you get the maximum protection against the annual premium cost.
Yamaha Bike Insurance Renewal
It is simple to renew your bike insurance online. It is advisable that you renew your policy before its expiry date. At the time of Yamaha bike insurance renewal, you can also update information regarding your vehicle and personal details.
Moreover, you can choose some of the best add-on covers while renewing the policy. Make sure that you compare bike insurance online based on the coverage that you currently have and what it is missing. If you do not have a key replacement cover, maybe you can buy it while renewing the policy and so on.
How to Renew Yamaha Insurance Policy for your Bike Online?
The process to renew Yamaha bike insurance online is described below -
- Go to the Policy Bazaar’s bike insurance renewal page
- Select the bike brand as Yamaha, City, RTO, Manufacturing year, Model and variant, Registration year
- To renew your vehicle insurance, select your vehicle type & coverage–
- Third-Party Liability
- Standard One-year Comprehensive
- Multi-year package page policy
- And any add-ons like accident cover, zero depreciation, etc.
- Select the IDV of your bike
- Enter your existing policy number
Yamaha Bike Insurance Claim Procedure
Filing bike Insurance claim is a simple and hassle-free process. For your quick understanding, we have elucidated the steps below-
Yamaha Bike Insurance Own-damage Claim Procedure-
- Do not leave the bike by itself
- Immediately inform the insurer on their helpline number
- Do not attempt to drive the damaged bike, as the insurer does not cover the consequential losses.
The insurer will ask for the following details-
- Name of the insured. And if someone else is informing about the incident his/her details will also be required.
- Time & date of the incident
- Precise location
- Contact details
- Bike insurance policy number
- A brief description of the accident
- The magnitude of the loss
The steps further to the claim intimation are as follows -
- Submit the duly signed Yamaha bike insurance claim form
- Registration Certificate and DL
- Police FIR (if required)
- Estimates of the bike damage repair
- A copy of your vehicle insurance policy
- On submission of the claim form and repair bills, the loss/damage will be assessed by one of their representatives.
- A survey report will be created and will be submitted to the insurance company.
- If possible, try to collect the salvage of the damaged bike and give them to the insurer.
- Once the repair work is completed, you will get the reimbursement based on the bill estimation, original bills and invoices from the garage.
- However, you can get your bike repaired at any of the network garages and avail cashless repair service. Only the invoice receipt is required for a cashless claim settlement.
Yamaha Insurance Theft Related Claim Procedure
- Claim intimation should be given at their helpline number
- Lodge the claim with a duly signed claim form
- Bike’s registration copy, driving license and original bike keys ( if available)
- Original vehicle keys with a copy of the driving license, RC book, and the policy documents
- Copy of the Police FIR Report
- No Trace Report of the insured two-wheeler from the police
Third-Party Bike Insurance Claim Procedure
- Straightaway inform the insurer about the third-party accident/ damage on their helpline number
- Collect all the possible information that you can provide to the insurer, such as, vehicle information, contact details and other details regarding the accident
- A copy of Police FIR is also required
- Keep vehicle’s RC and driving license also ready
- A copy of your Yamaha two-wheeler insurance policy is also required
- While filing the claim, submit the duly signed claim form
- Once the claim is registered, one of their representatives will carry out the investigation
- Once intimation receipt is given by the court, an adept panel advocate will be appointed. From there you can follow.
FAQS Yamaha Bike Insurance
Ans: Yes, you can buy it for both commercial and private vehicle insurance policies.
Ans: The following add-on benefits are available for your Yamaha bike insurance. These additional features are only available in a comprehensive two-wheeler insurance policy:
- NCB Protection Cover
- Engine Protection Cover
- Return to Invoice Cover
- Nil Depreciation Cover
- Loss of Personal Belongings Cover
- Emergency Roadside Assistance
- Consumables Cover
- Key Replacement Cover
- Secure Towing Assistance
Ans: The policy doesn’t cover claims arising due to any of the below-mentioned reasons -
- Any type of consequential loss
- Accident/collision outside the Geographical Area
- Routine wear and tear
- Driving without your DL
- Driving after consuming alcohol or drugs
- Using the vehicle beyond the scope of the limitation
Ans: If you do not make more than two claims during the policy term, your NCB will be accrued to your account. Provided you buy Claim-Bonus Protection Cover.
Two Wheeler insurance articles
30 Sep 2022A motorbike, be it of any type, need regular care to keep it in...
29 Aug 2022Buying a bike or any other two-wheeler has become easier with a...
04 Aug 2022Buying a two-wheeler can be a significant step in one's life as...
25 Jul 2022Keeping your bike free from dents and scratches is one of the...
19 Jul 2022Two-wheelers are one of the most convenient and affordable modes...