National Insurance Personal Accident
National Insurance Company, India’s one of the largest and oldest general insurance company which provides tailor made and comprehensive insurance plans. It’s the only Public Sector General Insurance Company to introduce product customization both Corporate and Rural insurance plans.
Accidents can happen at any point of time and it can change the life forever. Hence a Personal Accident Plan is a must in everybody’s insurance portfolio. And here comes one of the oldest insurance company National Insurance with its Personal Accident insurance plans, which have all its all round plans to cover up the danger linked with an accident.
National Insurance has several health insurance plans as well as personal accident plans named as Personal Protect which forms a all-inclusive insurance plans covering all types of risks .
Why one should avail National Insurance Personal Accident Insurance Plan?
National Insurance Personal Accident Plan has exclusive features which are as under:
- The plan covers for both death caused due to accident or Total Disablement which is permanent in nature caused due to an accident.
- Once can opt for Accidental Hospitalization Expenses and Accidental Hospital Daily Allowance as additional coverage.
- Worldwide 24 hours coverage.
- Family package plan is available under Personal Accident Plan where the proposer, spouse and dependent children can be covered under one single plan with a 10% discount in premium.
- Group Personal Accident Plans are also available for specified groups with a discount in premium which again depends on the size of the group.
- The plan provides the coverage of various types of accidents.
- One can avail the plan online purchase and can be done installments.
- The plan requires nil health check up.
- Faster Claim process with minimum documentation.
The company provides the following coverages are there under the plan:
- Accidental Death Plan.
- Permanent Partial Disability Plan.
- Permanent Total Disability Plan.
- Temporary Total Disability Plan.
- Accidental Death Plan: If death occurs within 12 months from the occurrence of the accidental bodily injury which is caused due to accident solely and directly by external, violent and visible means 100% of the sum assured is paid. Additionally, if the death occurs due to accident while travelling in commercial ship /aircraft as fare paying passenger, then the company will pay double the sum insured under this plan.
- If the insured person sustains bodily injury within 12 months from the occurrence of the accidental bodily injury which is caused due to accident solely and directly by external, violent and visible means resulting in irrecoverable
- If the insured person sustains bodily injury within 12 months from the occurrence of the accidental bodily injury which is caused due to accident solely and directly by external, violent and visible means resulting in permanent loss of use of two limbs, i.e. either both hands or two feet, or of one hand and one foot, then 100% of the sum assured is paid and for 1 limb, 50% of the sum assured
- If such injury within 12 months of its occurrence be the cause of total and total disability of use of hand or a foot without physical separation, 50% of the capital sum insured is paid.
- Permanent Total Disability: This plan covers the loss, if the insured person sustains bodily injury for loss of limbs, sight which is caused due to accident solely and directly resulting in permanently, totally and absolutely disables the insured individual from engaging himself/herself in any occupation or employment then 100% of sum insured is paid.
- If such injury within 12 months of its occurrence be the cause of total and/ or partial irrecoverable loss of use or of the actual loss by physical separation of the following then the percentage of the sum insured is payable as per the schedule.
- In case of temporary total disablement, the company will pay a sum at the rate of 1% of the capital sum insured stated in the schedule as existing at the inception of the plan per week, however the same will not exceed Rs 5000/- per week under all plans and also provided that the compensation shall not be payable for more than 104 weeks with respect to any one injury calculated from the date of commencement of the disablement and under no case the same will exceed the Capital Sum Insured.
Eligibility of the plan
Individuals between 5 years to 70 years of age can apply for the Personal Accident Plan of National Insurance.
Exclusions under the plan.
Following are the exclusions which are applicable under this plan:
- Individuals committing suicide or injuring himself/herself inspite of being mentally balanced or not.
- Any kind of war whether declared or not including civil, wars, riots, attack by overseas enemy, insurgence, insurrection, civil disobedience, armed forces
- Modification in occupation post the plan has in progress and which improve the company’s danger and if the company do not accept the same on the Schedule of Insurance Certificate.
- Any assault, a illicit offence or any violation of law with that of unlawful objective.
- Any individual doing service in any military force or marine or air force while at peace period.
- Consumption of alcohol or drugs or narcotics except as prescribed by the medical practitioner.
- Other than in duty, breathe in of smoke or gas.
- Participation in any aviation other than as a fare-paying passenger in an aircraft that is authorized by the appropriate authorities to carry out such passengers between established aerodromes.
- Taking part in professional sports or any hazardous pursuits like driving or riding or race, underwater activities involving use of breathing apparatus or not, martial arts, hunting, parachuting, mountaineering, bungee-jumping.
- Body or mental illness or any disease except where such condition arises directly as a correspondence of an Accident during the Policy Period. However, this exclusion is not applicable to claims made under Permanent Partial Disability benefit.
- Disability which arises out of Pre-existing Conditions and if not accepted by the Company.
Various modes of payment under the plan.
There are five modes of payment which are as follows:
- Credit Card.
- Net Banking.
- Debit Card.
Various ways and steps involved in purchasing the plans
The National Insurance Personal Accident Plans can be purchased through various channels for example National Insurance’s direct sales person, National Insurance’s telesales team, or independent advisor or through the official website www[dot]niconline[dot]in or through licensed brokers and agents. However the most common ones are as under:
- One can buy the plans online which do not require further underwriting and medical check up.
- One can also visit one of the branches.
- The customer has to provide the following details:
- Insured’s name, address and date of birth.
- As above for all the dependants to be covered by the plan.
- Selection of Health Assurance Benefit and Sum Assured.
- Existing health plans details and claim history if applicable.
- Medical history of the proposed insured.
- Disclosure of any pre existing diseases with details.
- Height, weight and BMI
- Underwriting process will be carried out for processing the forms.
The claim service of the company is highly efficient and of high standard. One can make 24x7 claims notification. Timely customer service and assistance along with survey and further assistance within a day. Simple claims procedure and ensuring high customer satisfaction.
- Call at the toll free no of the company and lodge the claim.
- The following information’s are to be provided:
- Policy Number.
- Date and time of the accident.
- Location of the accident.
- A brief narration or description of the accident.
- Name and contact number of the person who will be handling the total claim
- Insured Contact Details.
- Claim representative will contact the insured person for further process.
- Claim representative will provide the claim reference number for future reference.
- After the claim gets submitted and the same is approved, a text message will be sent intimating the surveyor details.
- After this, the claim will be processed.
Documents needed to register a claim
Documents needed for Accidental Injury Claims
- The original claim form which is duly signed.
- The copy of the valid insurance policy.
- The Original FIR copy or the attested copy of the same along with post mortem report
- The Discharge Certificate from the hospital of the doctor
- Indemnity as well as declaration bond.
- No Objection Certificate of the insured
Documents needed for Permanent Total Disablements
- Claim form.
- Policy Copy.
- Attested copy of the FIR
- A Disability Certificate from the supervising doctor.
- Photo of the injured showing the disablement.
- Doctor’s prescription and line of treatment advised.
- Original bills and receipts with related treatment papers.
Documents needed for Reimbursement Expenses
- Claim form.
- Policy Copy.
- Attested copy of the FIR or Panchnama if applicable.
- The investigation reports and Medicals
- Doctor’s prescription
- Medical and investigation bills.
- The supervising doctor’s Disability Certificate
- Email at nic.misc.@nic[dot]co[dot]in
National Personal Accident - FAQs
1. How to pay a premium? What are the modes of payment available?
The National Insurance Company offers 2 modes of premium payment namely:
- Cash payment at the branch
- Online Payment
For the online payment mode, the policyholder can pay via;
- Credit Card,
- Debit Card
- Net banking
2. How can I check policy status for National personal accident insurance?
To check policy you can log into thee-Portal with your valid credentials.
3. What is the policy renewal process for National personal accident insurance?
Registered policyholders can pay online in 3 easy steps
Step1: Enter your Policy Number and Date of Birth to login into e-portal
Step2: Select the payment option- Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking
Step3: Print/save the premium deposit receipt upon successful payment
Alteranatively, you can renew by Mobile
4. What is the company’s process to settle claim for National personal accident insurance?
You need to fill the claim form and attach it with relevant documents to the Policy issuing office either directly or by an authorised Agent. Upon satisfactory evaluation, the claim will be settled in full within a few days.
5. What is the policy cancellation process for National personal accident insurance?
Walk into your nearest branch with your policy documents and a duly filled surrender form. Upon successful acceptance at the counter, your policy will be cancelled and refunds directly credited in your bank account.
You might be interested following insurance plans provided by National Insurance Company: