SBI Critical Illness Insurance Plans
SBI General's Critical Illness health insurance policy offers financial protection to the insured against 13 specific critical illnesses. This health insurance policy offers a fixed sum insured, regardless of the actual cost of treatment. The amount is paid in a lump sum that enables the policyholder and his family financial security and also helps them focus on their health.
SBI Critical Illness Plan
SBI critical illness insurance is available in two options:
And the minimum available coverage amount is Rs 2 lakh and the maximum is Rs. 50 lakh.
Critical illness cover is provided for 13 critical Illnesses
- The minimum sum insured amount is Rs 2 lakh
- The maximum sum insured amount is Rs 50 lakh
- The maximum entry age is 65 years
Critical Illness List:
- Major Organ Transplant
- Primary Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
- End-Stage Kidney Failure
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Coronary artery bypass grafts
- Heart Valve Surgery
- Aorta Graft Surgery
- Myocardial Infarction (First Heart Attack)
- Total Blindness
The insurer provides the coverage amount if the insured survives for 28 days starting from the date of diagnosis of the critical illness.
What Is Not Covered In The Policy?
- Pre-existing illnesses and related complications
- Any claim arising during the waiting period
- Any congenital medical illness
- Attempted suicide or intentionally self-inflicted Injury or Illness
- Any illness resulting in death of the policyholder before 28 days of survival period
- Mental or nervous disorders
- Sexually transmitted diseases and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
- Overconsumption of drugs/alcohol
For any additional details, you can speak to our health insurance experts and make an informed purchase.