Aprilia Dorsoduro Insurance
Aprilia is Italy’s one of the leading scooter and motorcycle manufacturers. Aprilia bikes and scooters are popular in India as well and is one of the most popular brands for racing bikes. Aprilia bikes can range from medium-end to high-end prices and are sturdy and stylish. To ensure that your two-wheeler is protected from loss or damage it is imperative to get insurance for your Aprilia bike or scooter. You can buy third-party bike insurance but that will only cover loss or damage caused to another vehicle from your insured bike. Or you can buy a comprehensive insurance policy that will cover the loss or damage caused to your vehicle.Read more
5 Popular Aprilia Bikes and Scooter Models with Insurance Cost
Check-out some of the most popular bikes by Aprilia along with their estimated two-wheeler insurance cost in the below table:
Aprilia Two-wheeler Model
Estimated IDV ( Rs)
Estimated Annual Premium for Comprehensive Aprilia
Rs 43, 289
Rs 200 onwards
Rs 43, 752
Rs 200 onwards
Aprilia Scarbed STD
Rs 226 onwards
Rs 6500 onwards
Rs 6900 onwards
(The above table is for reference purposes only. Your Aprilia bike Insurance cost may vary based on IDV, zero dep. and various other factors
Reasons to buy Aprilia Two-wheeler Insurance
Time and again, you must have heard about the benefits of buying a two-wheeler insurance policy. Though it is mandatory to have third-party insurance, comprehensive bike insurance offers the needful protection against uncertainties like theft, collision, physical damage, third-party liability, accident cover, etc.
Youngsters buy a bike to meet their passion, and a two-wheeler Insurance policy offers complete protection to the vehicle and the owner/driver against unforeseen circumstances.
Key Benefits and Features of Aprilia Two-wheeler Insurance
Some of the major benefits that an Aprilia two-wheeler Insurance offers are given below:
- Third-party liability cover and own damage cover
- Pays for loss or damage caused to the vehicle due to an accident, fire, theft, natural calamities, terrorist activities, and malicious act
- Roadside Assistance in case of vehicle breakdown in the middle of the road
- No-claim-bonus for not filing a claim during the policy term
- Personal accident cover of Rs 15 lakh for the owner/driver
- Option to enhance coverage with optional covers like zero depreciation, personal accident cover for pillion rider, etc.
Inclusions of Aprilia Two-wheeler Insurance
Aprilia two-wheeler Insurance covers the risk arising due to third-party liabilities and own-damage to the vehicle. You can choose to buy a third-party insurance or comprehensive insurance as per your requirement:
- Compulsory Third-party Liability Two-wheeler Insurance- It safeguards against any liabilities arising due to third-party vehicle damage, property damage, bodily injuries, and death.
- Comprehensive Two-wheeler Insurance- It covers both third party damage and own vehicle damage. Own damage cover includes loss or damage caused to the insured two-wheeler due to the following reasons-
- Theft, burglary, strike, malicious act, riots, and terrorist activity
- Accidental damage by external means
- Fire, self-ignition, and explosion
- Damage caused to the insured two-wheeler in transit by air, rail, road, inland waterway, and elevators
- Natural disasters like flood, lightning, hurricane, inundation, earthquake, frost, landslide, storm, cyclone and rockslide
- Compulsory Personal Accident Cover- The policy also includes Rs 15 lakh to the owner of private two-wheelers. It is not applicable to a company owned two-wheeler. Personal accident coverage for the Pillion Rider up to Rs. 1 lakh. You can also get this limit extended.
Add-on Benefits of Aprilia Two-wheeler Insurance
Some of the add-on benefits that you can opt for in your two-wheeler insurance are given below:
- NCB Protection Cover
- Personal accident cover
- Additional Legal liability cover
- Nil Depreciation or Zero Depreciation
- Return to Invoice
- Personal Belongings Cover
- Key Replacement Cover
Exclusions of Aprilia Two-wheeler Insurance
There are certain scenarios in which the bike insurance provider can invalidate the claim-
- Damages incurred before or after the policy period
- Normal aging and wear and tear of the vehicle
- Oil leakage
- Driving without a license
- Damage resulting from war conditions or nuclear radiations
- Voluntarily breaking the law
- Accidental damages while driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
How to Buy Aprilia Two-wheeler Insurance Online?
To renew bike insurance online for Aprilia on Policybazaar website you need to provide the following information-
- Mobile Number
- Bike model, make, variant and year of manufacturing
- Bike Registration Number
- Type of bike insurance: third-party or comprehensive
- Add-ons like zero depreciation
- You will get bike insurance quotes as per the information provided
- You can select a suitable quote and pay the premium online
Aprilia Two-wheeler Insurance Renewal
You can renew your Aprilia bike insurance online in a hassle-free manner
- Both existing and expired policies can be renewed online
- The inspection of the insured vehicle will be scheduled by the representative as per your
- Once the inspection is carried out, you can pay the insurance premium for the policy to be renewed
For renewal, you can check bike insurance premium calculator to have an idea.
Aprilia Two-wheeler Insurance Claim Procedure
- To file an accidental claim get in touch with the insurer’s or Policybazaar two-wheeler insurance team within 24 hours
- Provide them with your policy number to initiate the claim
- Either you can call them at their toll-free number or visit the nearest branch and speak to a representative
- After assessing the damage, a list of documents will be provided to you. After submitting those documents your claim process will be initiated
For Aprilia Two-wheeler Insurance Accidental Claims -
- The insured needs to sign and duly fill the claim form
- Original copy of vehicle registration booklet
- The original driving license of the person driving the bike at the time of an accident
- Police FIR in case of death, bodily injuries, third-party damage, fire
- Bike repair estimate from the workshop where the vehicle is sent for repairing
- Repair Bills and receipt of payment after the completion of the job
For Aprilia Two-wheeler Insurance Theft Claims
- Original copy of policy documents
- Duly filled and signed claim form
- Original copies of Aprilia bike registration
- Final non-traceable 173 CRPC Report
- Original purchase invoice, Service Booklet, All the sets of Keys, Warranty Card
- Acknowledgment letter to RTO informing about vehicle theft and notifying the non-use of the vehicle
- Letter of consent mentioning agreed on claim settlement value from the financier and policyholder
- NOC from the investor if a claim needs to be settled in the favour of the insured
Documents required for Aprilia Two-wheeler Insurance Claim Settlement
All the documents are usually listed in the policy documents. The documents that you require generally are-
- Claim form - Duly signed and filled
- Vehicle Registration Certificate ( RC)
- FIR copy ( for theft claims)
- Repair invoice from network garages ( for cashless claim settlement)
- Payment receipt
- Loss and damage estimate
Keys of your vehicle and a non-traceable certificate are also required to be submitted at the time of claiming bike insurance for theft.
Aprilia Two-wheeler Insurance FAQs
Ans: In India, everyone needs to buy at least a third-party bike insurance policy if they own a two-wheeler or bike or scooter. And if you want basic insurance cover then you can opt for third-party insurance but it will not cover any loss or damage that is caused to your bike. If you want your own damage cover, comprehensive bike insurance is recommended for you.
Ans: The value of a bike diminishes over time. Depreciation is calculated on the wear and tear of each part of the bike. And the rate of depreciation is applicable from the date of policy commencement.
The rate of depreciation is determined based on the age of the vehicle. Even the IDV of your two-wheeler is calculated based on the depreciation value of your vehicle. Depreciation rates apply to each part of the bike including tyres, rubber, plastic parts, etc. It does not apply to glass or parts made of glass.
The older the bike more is the rate of depreciation and lesser the insurance amount offered by the bike insurance provider.
Ans: There are a number of factors that are taken into consideration while calculating the two-wheeler insurance premium. Here’s a quick rundown of some of the common factors -
- Whether it is a used bike or new bike
- The Insured Declared Value or IDV of the damaged vehicle
- Bike registration number
- Bike make, model, and variant
- The year of manufacturing
- Geographical location
- Deductibles or No Claim Bonus ( if any)
- Anti-theft discount
- Cubic Capacity
- Optional benefits
Ans: No claim bonus is a discount, given by an insurer to a policyholder for not making any claim during the policy period. No claim discount is accrued over the years. You can earn 20 to 50% of NCB on your own damage premium.
Ans: Rate of depreciation on all the parts of the two-wheeler including wooden parts shall be applicable as mentioned in the table below-
Rate of depreciation for painting: In the case of painting, the depreciation rate of 50% shall be applied only on the material cost of total painting charges.
Up to 6 months
6 months to 1 year
1 to 2 Years
2 to 3 Years
3 to 4 Years
4 to 5 Years
5 to 10 Years
More than 10 Years
Two Wheeler insurance articles
18 May 2022As per the Motor Vehicles Act, it is mandatory for all bike...
16 May 2022While riding your bike, there are chances that you might get...
11 May 2022Gender-specific jobs or hobbies are becoming obsolete. More...
06 May 2022A bike's battery is a vital component and should be...
05 May 2022A two-wheeler insurance policy is a contract between the insurer...