- The scooter has underpinnings of Aprilia Mana from where it gets its engine, trellis frame among other parts which are shared.
- The scooter looks big. It catches & holds the attention of viewer with its gigantic proportions.
- It borrows its design cues from Aprilia’s flagship motorcycle RSV4, which is apparent from its front nose & the huge wind shield.
- Twin exhaust on the left & aluminium swing arm on the right give this scooter a unique look.
- Wide comfy seats & huge proportions of 2080 mm x 800 mm x 1130 mm (L x W x H) look intimidating but once you get on it everything fits right in place.
Power & Performance:
The engine is same V-Twin as it is on Mana GT tuned for more torque. The power delivery is linear. However, you twist the throttle & you realize you are on the most powerful scooter in the world & feel thankful to the ABS & Traction control in making this a more manageable scooter.
76 hp at 7750 RPM
76.4 Nm at 6000 RPM
CVT – Continuously Variable Transmission
Acceleration (0-100 kmph)
Fuel Economy (kmpl)
Braking & Handling:
The sheer size of SRV might feel intimidating but once you get used to manage the hefty weight of 249kg you start appreciating the design. Low centre of gravity helps in the handling of this beast of a scooter. Attacking a corner takes some effort with all that mass but once in it the SRV holds its line pretty well. Pirelli 120/70 16’ tyre in front & 160/60 15’ tyres in the rear make SRV stick to the road.
- The plush seating is extremely comfortable for both rider & the pillion.
- SRV features dual 320mm disk brakes at front & a single 260mm disc at the rear.
- The bike features safety net of dual channel ABS provided by Continental as well as ATC which stands for Aprilia Traction Control System which is a first in this segment.
What Insurance cover to opt for:
SRV is a premium scooter covered in all the shiny plastic. A small mistake can cause expenditure of thousands of rupees.
- Value of plastics depreciates a lot. 0% depreciation insurance goes a long way in keeping the repair bills down in case of a fall.
- It’s a wise idea to have add-ons to the policy like cash less benefit, theft, vandalism cover among others. These add-ons save a lot of hassle on a bad day.
- Premium vehicles need premium care. The initial cost of the insurance & its add-ons might seem a lot but at the end of the day they save your wallet from going lighter.
Two Wheeler insurance articles
21 Feb 2024Breaking, violating, or disobeying traffic rules is an offence
15 Feb 2024Every bike insurance policy comes with specific clauses. One of
09 Feb 2024If you are cruising the bustling streets of your city in your
11 Jan 2024When it comes to two-wheelers in India, having third-party bike
10 Jan 2024In the fast-paced world, e-bikes or e-scooters are becoming
^The renewal of insurance policy is subject to our operations not being impacted by a system failure or force majeure event or for reasons beyond our control. Actual time for a transaction may vary subject to additional data requirements and operational processes.
^The buying of Insurance policy is subject to our operations not being impacted by a system failure or force majeure event or for reasons beyond our control. Actual time for transaction may vary subject to additional data requirements and operational processes.
#Savings are based on the comparison between highest and the lowest premium for own damage cover (excluding add-on covers) provided by different insurance companies for the same vehicle with the same IDV and same NCB.
*TP price for less than 75 CC two-wheelers. All savings are provided by insurers as per IRDAI-approved insurance plan. Standard T&C apply.
*Rs 538/- per annum is the price for third party motor insurance for two wheelers of not more than 75cc (non-commercial and non-electric)
#Savings are based on the comparison between the highest and the lowest premium for own damage cover (excluding add-on covers) provided by different insurance companies for the same vehicle with the same IDV and same NCB.
*₹ 1.5 is the Comprehensive premium for a 2015 TVS XL Super 70cc, MH02(Mumbai) RTO with an IDV of ₹5,895 and NCB at 50%.
*Rs 457/- per annum (1.3/day) is the price for the third-party motor insurance for private electric two-wheelers of not more than 3KW (non-commercial). Premium is payable on an annual basis