Cholamandalam MS General Insurance
- Incurred Claim Ratio - 79*
- Get Quotes
About Chola MS General Insurance Company
Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company Ltd. is a joint venture between two groups, namely Murugappa Group and Mitsui Sumitomo. Murugappa Group is recognised as one of India’s leading business conglomerates, with 28 lines of business. Reputed brands like BSA, Ballmaster, Ajax, Gromor, Paramfos belong to Murugappa while Mitsui Sumitomo is a part of MS&AD, the largest insurance group in Japan.
Chola MS General Insurance Company has a diversified product portfolio, including, accident, engineering, health, liability, marine, motor, property, travel and rural insurance for individuals and corporate.
Currently, the company has 105 branches and over 9000 agents pan India.
Some of the prestigious awards won by Cholamandalam MS General Insurance are:
- Best insurance company award across Asia for “Health Insurer Claims Team for the year 2013” at the Claims Asia Awards 2013 held in Hong Kong
- “Innovation Leader Award 2012” by Fintelekt
- Best insurance company title for “In time Claims Settlement for the year 2011-12” in the Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) scheme run by the Ministry of Labour & Employment, Government of India
- Awarded “Financial Insights Innovation Award” for innovation in mobile enablement – Claims Survey Process in Asian Insurance Congress held at Singapore
Backed with viable IT infrastructure, Cholamandalam MS General Insurance is working towards providing utmost satisfaction to customers through a wide array of insurance products.
Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Plans & Policy Portfolio
Chola MS Health Insurance Plans:
Hospitalization expenses can burn a hole in our pocket and alter the quality of life by imposing financial restrictions. Cholamandalam plans ensure that we can take proper care of ourselves and our family during a medical emergency. They cover an individual against hospitalisation expenses with option of including spouse, dependent children and dependent parents with a family discount.
The Chola Healthline plan is a comprehensive policy that protects both individuals and families on a floater sum insured basis. As the primary insured party, you can include your parents, spouse and dependent children in the family plan. If you apply for individual cover, you can include your siblings and your in-laws also.
A comprehensive policy that provides cover for hospitalisation expenses incurred by a family on a floating sum insured basis in addition to personal accident cover that works on an individual sum insured basis.
The Tax Plus Healthline Plan from Cholamandalam offers insurance against both hospitalisation expenses as well as outpatient or OPD expenses. The policy is available for both individuals and families on a floater sum basis with the sum insured option ranging from Rs. 1-5 lakh.
The Family Healthline Insurance floater policy from Chola MS covers both Allopathy and Ayurvedic treatments. A single policy can cover your spouse and children and allows any insured member to claim up to the full sum insured. The policy offers a floater sum insured of up to Rs. 15 lakh.
The Individual Healthline Insurance policy covers hospitalisation as well as related expenses. It also covers expense related to pregnancy and for external healthcare aids such as spectacles or contact lenses, and hearing aids. The policy additionally insures general and eye check-ups once every two years. The sum insured is up to Rs. 10 lakh per person
The policy offers cover for additional medical expenses for both individuals and families on a floater sum basis. Chola MS offers seven plans with various options for sum insured or deductibles. Moreover, the policy can be purchased for periods ranging from 1-3 years. No medical check-ups are necessary up to 55 years of age.
The Critical Healthline Plan is a fixed benefit policy for critical illnesses that guards against loss of income or regular living expenses. It offers a flexible sum assured amount and is also valid for income tax exemption up to Rs. 25,000 per annum under section 80D of the Income Tax Act
The Chola Hospital Cash Healthline plan pays a fixed daily allowance for every 24 hours spent in the hospital. The payout helps you to take care of miscellaneous expenses arising during the hospital stay. A lump sum amount is also paid for the period of recovery if hospitalisation exceeds 20 days on a continual basis
It is mandatory in India to get car insurance then why not get the best deal?
Car Insurance plan by Cholamandalam MS General Insurance provide a protective cover that offers comprehensive insurance including both third party cover and own damage cover.
The Chola Protect car insurance plan offers a complete cover for your car. It takes care of all necessary expenses including providing complete financial coverage. It also provides assistance for car emergencies, breakdowns as well as post accident help
Commercial vehicles ply frequently, even at odd hours and cover long distances making them more susceptible to accidents. Cholamandalam commercial vehicles insurance is the perfect cover for commercial vehicle owners to ensure that any unforeseen event is taken care of and the harm to their business is minimised.
You must have a Cholamandalam travel insurance plan as your companion on holidays, business trips or visits to friends and family visits abroad. They provide door-to-door cover for your convenience and safety. Never travel without a travel insurance cover.
- Business/Leisure Travel: The Chola Overseas Travel Protection Policy is a short term travel insurance plan that comes in three variants, viz., Gold Cover, Silver Cover and Senior Citizen Plan for people in the 71-80 years age group. Benefits include door-to-door cover, multi-purpose insurance against all trips whether for business or personal reasons and much more
- Student Travel Insurance: Meant for students travelling abroad for studies, the Chola Student Travel Protection Plan offers door-to-door coverage and express claims processing. The plan comes in three variants. The economical Silver plan also provides medical insurance. The Gold and Platinum plans offer comprehensive cover with additional benefits
- Corporate Travel: The Chola Corporate Travel Days insurance policy is ideal for frequent corporate travellers. Businesses can buy the policies in their names and thereafter issue individual trip insurance for their employees
Home insurance plans by Cholamandalam MS General Insurance safeguard your home and give you a comprehensive cover to tackle all destructive situations that it might face. Fire, flood, earthquake, burglary; there are innumerable instances that can harm your house and endanger the roof above your head.
The Chola Total Home Protect policy insures your home, the valuables inside and your family. It offers comprehensive coverage against unforeseen man-made or natural events
A comprehensive home insurance plan, the policy guards the property as a whole, the structure as well the contents of the home. It offers protection against theft or burglaries besides man-made or natural disasters
Personal accident cover is essential to secure your future financially in the event of an accident. A personal accident cover shall not only ensure top quality medical treatment but will also cater to your post hospitalisation requirements, if necessary.
The Chola Accident Protection Insurance plan covers against unfortunate incidents. It offers weekly compensation for loss of income due to the accident in addition to payouts for modification of home or vehicles, fees for private tuition, transportation of family, daily cash allowance for hospital stay and various other benefits
It is advisable to compare all Cholamandalam General insurance plans with plans from other General insurance companies in India to choose the best insurance plan that suits you the most.
Chola MS General Insurance Distribution Network:
Cholamandalam operates with 113 branches and more than 7500 agents across the country.
Cholamandalam MS General Insurance - Latest News
FIPB (Foreign Investment Promotion Board) is going to deliberate on 16 FDI proposals at a meeting on April 5, which also include the proposal of Cholamandalam MS General Insurance and in the defense sector, Indian Rotorcraft as well. At the meeting, the board is also going to look at the proposal of Gulf Quarry General Trading FZC that has sought an approval for its interest in investment in an India-based firm that still awaits incorporation.
The company looks forward to establishing a new firm in the city of Amritsar for making gypsum and boards powder by crushing gypsum rocks. At the upcoming meeting, multiple companies, including Elite Screens India Pvt Ltd, Ordain Health Care Global, OneMarket India LLP, HWIC Asia Fund, and Jupiter Corporate Services would also be present seeking FIPB approval.
The Board of Murugappa Group Company, which owns Tube Investments, recently confirmed the sale of its 14 percent stake in Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company to Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Company, the Japanese JV Partner of the group, leading its share to 40 percent, which earlier was 26 percent. Valued at Rs. 882.68 Crores, this sale is expected to infuse much needed capital into the Murugappa Group as well as the private Indian insurance company. The Chairman of Tube Investments Group, M M Murugappa, expressed his delight on this occasion, as this is expected to strengthen the company’s relationship with Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance and further help Cholamandalam General Insurance realize its vision to make it to the top of the list of general insurers in India. Though the decision is subject to regulatory approval at this stage, both parties have high hopes that the sale will be approved by the concerned regulatory bodies and agencies.
Cholamandalam Investment and Finance Company, key stake holder in the Cholamandalam Insurance JV, has stated that it would raise up to Rs. 6, 7 00 crore in various slots by issuing 60,000 secured redeemable, non-convertible debentures valued at Rs. 10 lakh. The timeframe to achieve this goal has not been disclosed yet. It has also announced that it will be investing about Rs. 75 crore in equity shares of Cholamandalam Distribution Services Limited (CDSL), which is a subsidiary of the company. With this investment, the total investment made by the Company for its subsidiary will come to Rs. 117.40 crore. In addition, another investment of Rs. 8 crore will be made in White Data Systems India Pvt. Ltd which is a majority held company. This will be for a freight aggregator start-up. An app for this start-up is also underway, which will optimise technology so as to enable the transport operators to earn more.
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
- Max Bupa Health General
- SBI General Insurance
- L&T General Insurance
- Raheja QBE General Insurance
- Bharti AXA General Insurance
- Shriram General Insurance
- Universal Sompo General Insurance
- Future Generali General Insurance
- Apollo Munich General Insurance
- Star Health and Allied General Insurance
- Export Credit Guarantee Corporation of India (General Insurance)
- HDFC ERGO General Insurance
- Agriculture Insurance Company (General Insurance)
- Tata AIG General Insurance
- Reliance General Insurance
- New India Assurance (General Insurance)
- IFFCO Tokio General Insurance
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance
- Oriental General Insurance
- Magma HDI General Insurance
- Liberty Videocon General Insurance
- Cigna TTK Health (General Insurance))
- Why is Critical Illness Insurance Essential
- Worried About Long Term Diabetes Complication? Buy Health Insurance
- 6 Ways to Avoid Health Insurance Claim Rejections
- Insurance Predictions 2016: A Snapshot
- Secret Tips to Buy the Best Health Insurance Plan
- Important questions you should ask when buying Health Insurance