- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 100%Free Health Check-up
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
We promise limited calls
2-in-1 Health Saving Plan- Health bhi Aur Saving bhi
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 3829 -
Modified 16 November 2016
Are you covered under health insurance plan? Great! But when was the last time you got hospitalized and used the benefits of the plan. It is a good thing if you didn’t have to use your health insurance. But, does the insurance company call you up at the end of the policy term and say, “Hey, as you didn’t use your insurance, so we are going to return some of your money back.”
“Of course they don’t.”
That’s where health savings plans differ from traditional health insurance products.
What is a Health Savings Plan?
Health savings plan (HSA) offers you health insurance cover as well as premium savings to pay for your future medical expenses. This savings plan acts as an alternative to a traditional Insurance health plan. HSA helps you pay for covered expenses now and save for medical expenses you may have in the future, especially in your retirement years.
Features of Health Savings Plan
- Health coverage within your means: Use your health savings account to cover 100% of the cost of routine medical expenses like lab tests, office visits, and over-the-counter drugs (with a prescription only).
- Tax Savings: You can save tax-deductible money under health savings plan.
- Portability: It is your own account, so even if you change jobs, your heath savings account funds go with you.
- Earned Interest: The interest you will get on the saved amount is also tax-free.
The table below points a few differences between health insurance plan and health saving plan:
Health Insurance Plan
Health Savings Plan
Whole sum goes for the insurance cover.
30-40% of the sum goes in savings account and the rest for the insurance cover.
If you are looking for a safety net in health insurance plan and don’t want to end up losing all your money, health saving plan is best suited to your profile. There is no "use it or lose it" condition, so you can build up the savings for future health events.
- Most Read
- Everything You Need to Know about HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Policy
Date: 22 August 2018
- Guide to Health Insurance Plans Offered by Star Health Insurance
Date: 17 August 2018
- Should you Include Your Parents in Employer’s Group Health Insurance?
Date: 13 August 2018
- Tips to Buy and Renew Cigna TTK Health Insurance Online
Date: 23 July 2018
- What you need to know about the Group Health Insurance Today?
Date: 19 July 2018
- Top 10 Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 342265
- List of Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 191234
- Top 5 Maternity Insurance Plans
Views : 176239
- Health Insurance Claims Ratio- Things You Should Look Before Buying Health Insurance
Views : 107042
- How does GST Impact your Insurance Premium?
Views : 65297