Everything You Need to Know about HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Policy
Updated 22 February 2019
HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Policy is special health and medical insurance policy provided by the HDFC ERGO general Insurance Company Limited. The company operates its headquarters from Mumbai and enjoys a presence in more than 90 Indian cities. It offers an array of general insurance products and services such as Travel Insurance, Home Insurance, and Life Insurance among others. With a tagline/motto 'Take it easy, Experience the convenience', the firm offers one of the best services to its customers, essentially satisfying their needs.
Comprehending the importance of health and medical needs in this massively competitive world, HDFC Ergo launched its unique HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Policy in the year 2002. It is one of the most trusted and renowned companies that have persistently settled claims of its customers.
Why Choose HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Policy?
- The company is a partnership between HDFC Ltd (Indian) and ERGO International AG (Germany). It thus offers plans that are precisely designed by expert professionals from both the countries. It also enjoys the honor of being the 4th largest general insurance company in India.
- HDFC ERGO offers plethora of health insurance policies to meet the varying needs of the masses. The policies include individual health insurance policy, group health insurance policy, critical illness policy, and also special top-up policy for the benefit of the policyholder.
- The insured is free to avail a cashless treatment from the 9,000+ network hospitals throughout the country.
- HDFC ERGO offers a diverse covers at affordable premiums that can be paid by the insured through any of the payment options available that suits his/her requirement.
- HDFC ERGO health insurance policy offers umpteen benefits like cashless hospitalization coverage for accidents and sickness, cover for pre-hospitalization charges and also post-hospitalization costs, domiciliary treatment along with daycare procedures and more.
- The policy is specifically formulated by specialties in the field, who have put in hours of research to offer the best facilities to people from all financial backgrounds at manageable premium rates.
HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Plan
HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Plan offers two major solutions that specially formulated to provide health insurance coverage to families as well as individuals. They are as follows:
- Indemnity Health Insurance Plan: An insured is compensated by the insurance company for the actual financial expense incurred by him/her, considering the maximum sum assured by the policyholder at the time of buying the policy. The benefits provided under this plan are cover for in-patient treatment inclusive of hospitalization costs, occasional medical and health check-ups, daycare facilities, expenses of an organ donor or transportation costs, costs of an emergency ambulance, and more. A number of add-ons are available to sate the varying needs.
- Lump Sum Payment Health Insurance Plan: Within this plan, the insured receives financial help from the insurance company immediately after any unfortunate event like an accident, sickness or any other medical condition faced by the policy holder is brought to their notice. The insured is able to meet the small daily expenses peacefully with the amount received by the insurer.
The company also offers a special and unique deal for the health insurance policyholders known as “Customer Delight.” The company has joined hands with various renowned independently run pharmacies, health and medical care clinics, salons and spas and more, to provide exclusive gains to the customers. It offers a number of services like diagnostic clinics, Ayurveda clinics, blood banks, ambulance providing service and eye checkup clinics. The location of the nearest service providers is easily available on the company’s official web portal to provide satisfying services.
Advantages of HDFC ERGO Health Insurance
In this modern and fast life, it is essential to look after our health and medical conditions, in order to live a smooth and peaceful life. But we often tend to neglect our health and get caught with medical aliments, which require heavy expenses for treatment. While many think that investing in a health insurance policy is merely wasting your hard-earned money. The reality is just the opposite. As you age, you tend to develop some kind of medical and health issues, which is beyond your control. Such sicknesses require proper medical attention and thus lead to heavy expenditure. If you have invested in a health insurance policy, you do not have to worry about those medical bills as your insurance company will provide all the financial assistance you need depending on the policy you have signed up for.
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company is one of the oldest and most trusted insurance companies in the insurance sector in the country. It offers various health insurance plans to satiate the needs of people from all walks of life. The benefits of purchasing HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Plans is given below:
- HDFC ERGO provides an all-day (24*7) customer support and service through their website as well the mentioned toll free number
- HDFC ERGO Health Insurance has joined hands with a vast network of hospitals all over the country that provides cash-free medical and health care facilities to its policyholders
- HDFC ERGO Health Insurance also provides Value Added services to the insured. It enables the insured to increase the total sum assured in situations where the claim hasn’t been made by the policyholder for years
- HDFC ERGO Health Insurance has good past records of claim settlement with minimum formalities and also offers fast insurance policy renewal procedures
- The elementary sum assured ranges from each year ranges from 3 to 10 lakhs and the insurance cover period may be of 1 or 2 year depending on the policyholder’s convenience.
- HDFC ERGO Health Insurance provides a unique benefit to the health insurance policyholders after every settled claim known as the ‘Cumulative Bonus’
- After every 4 consecutive years that have been claim free, HDFC ERGO Health Insurance provides repayments of the expenses incurred during health and medical check-ups.
These are some of the exclusive benefits that you get after investing in any of the health insurance plans offered by HDFC ERGO Health Insurance. It is essential to note that insurance is based on trust between the insured and the insurer. Hence, it wise to buy a policy from a trustworthy, reliable and credible organization to safeguard yourself and your family from any unfortunate happenings in the future.
HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Online Provisions
In this age of technology and internet each and every company is trying to make things easy for their customer and provide them all the necessary facilities at the comfort of their homes. HDFC ERGO Health Insurance also provides a number of beneficial facilities to their customers at the click of a button through the company’s official website. It provides detailed information about the company, its products and services and also facilitates transactions online. The web portal also offers purchasing and renewal of policies. Below are some of the provisions available to the customers on through the web portal:
- Calculate Premium: You can calculate the premium online for the particular policy selected by you through the Premium Calculator option available on the website. You can avail quotes immediately by providing basic information like your age, profession, location, gender, name of the plan and sum assured to get the details on your personal email address by the company.
- Premium Payment: You can make the payment of your premiums online through the company’s official website through your Debit/Credit card or via Net banking. Online payments sometimes also provide benefits like minimal discounts on premium rates.
- Insurance Policy Purchase and Renewal: You can buy a new HDFC ERGO Health Insurance health policy from the company’s official website. You will get detailed information of the various policies offered by the company, their characteristics and advantages along with an insurance policy brochure. A policyholder can easily renew his/her policy anytime by just logging in to the website. All you need to do is provide your policy number and basic details and you will receive policy renewal information along with premium details instantly on the registered email address.
- Claim Settlement Form: HDFC ERGO Health Insurance allows its customers to download a digital copy of the claim form. You are required to submit the filled form at the nearest company branch. Ensure that the details filled are true and authentic. Attach the necessary documents mentioned to get the claim settled easily without facing any problems.
- Customer Support: A 24 hour customer help service is provided by HDFC ERGO Health Insurance through its online website. You can avail the call back facility merely by submitting an online form available on the web portal by providing basic details like name, contact number, email address, area with pin code and the issue in the form of a short description. You will receive help from the customer support team at the earliest of sending the correctly filled online call back application form.
- My Policy: This is a very significant online facility provided by HDFC ERGO Health Insurance. A policy holder has the liberty to track his claims online, access his/her insurance policy online and also register for a policy online. This makes the policy holder’s task easy as he can avail all the necessary functions digitally.
Besides this HDFC ERGO Health Insurance also facilitates health insurance policy holders to locate the nearest company branch and also find out the nearby network hospital online through the company’s official website.
Best Health Insurance Policies by HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Company
HDFC ERGO Health Insurance offers a total of 8 different health insurance policies to its diverse customer base. Each policy has different features, varied benefits and special add-ons that can be bought by the customer for a safe and secure future. Below given are the details of some of the best insurance policies offered by HDFC ERGO Health Insurance.
- Health Suraksha Gold Insurance Policy: This is one of the very first policies launched by HDFC Ergo Health Insurance. Health Suraksha Gold Insurance Policy offers affordable premium rates with a comprehensive insurance. This particular HDFC ERGO Health Insurance covers the policyholder for a number of medical and health expenses such as maternity costs including coverage of the new born baby, hospitalization charges and offers a free E-opinion for critical issues. This policy can be availed by anyone in the age group of 91 day old to a senior citizen with no age bar. The policy is available online through the company’s official website.
- Health Suraksha Gold with Regain and ECB: This policy is similar to the Health Suraksha Gold policy but only offers some extra benefits that the former does not. You can avail this policy with added features by paying extra premium. The benefits include Enhanced Cover for Cumulative Bonus (of up to 10%) and Automated Insured Sum Regain benefit on exhaustion. It is a recent addition to the insurance policy family offered by HDFC ERGO Health Insurance.
- Critical Illness Insurance Policy: This health insurance policy by HDFC ERGO Health Insurance covers you against any critical/serious medical or health conditions. There are two subcategories namely the Silver plan and the Platinum Plan, each having modified features and available for different time periods. The Critical Illness Insurance Policy offers coverage against various ailments like Heart Attack, Organ Transplantation, Cancer, Kidney Failure and more, depending your policy premium and term. Any person in the age group of 5 to 45 years of age is free to buy the Critical Illness Insurance Policy.
The sum assured ranges from a minimum of 2 lakh 50 thousand to a maximum of 10 lakhs. A person below the age of 45 years can avail the policy without undergoing any health/ medical check-ups. A policyholder can avail a discount on premium rates if the policy is purchased for 2 years together. You can easily renew this plan as per your convenience.
HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Company offers claim settlement in two ways Cashless Claim Settlement and Repayment Claims. The claim settlement procedure is easy, simple and fast. All you need to do is provide the necessary documents mentioned in the claim settlement form. Remember provide true and authentic details, as the company has the rights to accept or reject claims according to the company policies and terms. For smooth claim settlement don’t forget to provide your NEFT details and a duly filled KYC form on time to the insurance company.
You May Also Like
Top 10 Health Insurance Companies in India
Updated: 04 December 2019 -
Every year, Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDA) announces a list of health insurance companies. There are few important features that help it to rate the insurance companies, such as their perf...read more
Top 5 Maternity Insurance Plans
Updated: 23 October 2019 -
Maternity or pregnancy is an important phase of life, and one needs to prepare in advance to embrace parenthood. Though rearing a child is an expensive affair and may require good financial backup to meet the requirement...read more
List of Health Insurance Companies in India
Updated: 14 October 2019 -
A quiet revolution has swept through India’s health care sector in the past five years- best evidenced in the fact that now nearly 27% of the nation’s population is insured. The Indian healthcare sector is projected ...read more
Top 8 Family Health Insurance Policies for 2019
Updated: 12 September 2019 -
From the air we breathe to the food we eat, everything is intentionally or unintentionally subjected to adulteration. Due to this, the disease rate in India is rising drastically. Naturally, more and more people are visi...read more
Health Insurance Claims Ratio- Things You Should Look Before Buying Health Insurance
Updated: 19 August 2019 -
There has always been a doubt in customers mind about whether the private company will keep its side of the bargain i.e. it will settle the claim or not. A customer spends premium annually which will cover his medical ex...read more