The Healthcare sector in India is set to increase its pace. Reasons for this rapid growth can be-rising life expectancy, higher income levels, growing incidence of lifestyle-related diseases and health insurance proliferation. Premium collected in this sector is 8,388 lakhs in 2009-10 and is 15,701 lakhs in 2012-13.
There are five standalone health insurers including Religare those are offering services and products in India. These insurers are spread across the price spectrum and they don't necessarily play the price-sensitive game to gain premiums. Max Bupa is focused to the low as well as high premium segment whereas Star Health is more focused on the low premium segment.
The insurance companies are now being forced to provide similar kind of benefits at attractive prices or even more than that. People are becoming more aware about Health insurance now which is getting expensive so they are seeking for more sophisticated plans.
Meanwhile, employees are asked to share a greater part of the premium by increasing number of companies so there is a gradual breakdown of the group plan support structure. Companies are not covering parents in their cover thus, reducing the breadth of the cover.
More health insurance companies can be seen in future if growth leads to changes in FDI rules. More competition will lead to more benefits to the customers so the ultimate winner is the customer.
- Importance of Health Insurance for Women
Date: 22 March 2017
- 4 Best Healthcare Plans for Senior Citizen Parents
Date: 21 February 2017
- Why Health Insurance is Necessary for Senior Citizens?
Date: 10 February 2017
- A Complete Guide to Buy Cheap Health Insurance in India
Date: 09 February 2017
- Best Maternity Health Insurance Policies in India for FY 2016-17
Date: 07 February 2017
- Best Health Insurance Plans in India
Views : 163796
- Top Medical Insurance Policies by Indian Health Insurers
Views : 154780
- List of Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 93500
- Mediclaim Policy for Family
Views : 33962
- Best Health Insurance Plans for Cancer Patients
Views : 33613