- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day*
*Standard T&C Apply
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
Health Insurance Sector Claimed for More Growth
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 3110 -
Updated date : 02 April 2019
The Healthcare sector in India is set to increase its pace. Reasons for this rapid growth can be-rising life expectancy, higher income levels, the growing incidence of lifestyle-related diseases and health insurance proliferation.
There are five standalone health insurers including Religare those are offering services and products in India. These insurers are spread across the price spectrum and they don't necessarily play the price-sensitive game to gain premiums. Max Bupa is focused on the low as well as high premium segment whereas Star Health is more focused on the low premium segment.
The insurance companies are now being forced to provide similar kind of benefits at attractive prices or even more than that. People are becoming more aware of Health insurance now which is getting expensive so they are seeking for more sophisticated plans.
Meanwhile, employees are asked to share a greater part of the premium by increasing the number of companies so there is a gradual breakdown of the group plan support structure. Companies are not covering parents in their cover thus, reducing the breadth of the cover.
More health insurance companies can be seen in future if growth leads to changes in FDI rules. More competition will lead to more benefits to the customers so the ultimate winner is the customer.
- Most Read
- Top 10 Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 522075
- Top 5 Maternity Insurance Plans
Views : 286666
- List of Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 239581
- Top 8 Family Health Insurance Policies for 2019
Views : 177993
- Health Insurance Claims Ratio- Things You Should Look Before Buying Health Insurance
Views : 150301
GET ARTICLE ON EMAIL
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator