Top 5 Health Insurance Policies for 2019 and Beyond
Updated 31 December 2019
The average cost of getting medical treatment is rising every year and this trend is likely to continue in future. In this regard, you may lose your savings when some medical emergency arises in your family. Many people go through hell when they do not have enough money to provide medical treatment for their loved ones. Therefore, the best thing you can do for your family is to choose a good health coverage that will protect them in times of emergency.
It does not cost much to buy a good health coverage and you can choose the coverage amount as per your premium paying capacity. Even the government is offering plans that have very low premiums for the common man.
When you choose the best health insurance policy, you can get good treatment at the network hospitals without paying any cash from your pocket. In this article we are going to discuss the top 5 health insurance policies of 2019 and beyond:
Janata Mediclaim Policy from New India Assurance
- When the whole country is moving towards affordable health care, this plan comes as a huge boost for this cause as it offers a decent cover at very low rates.
- It is ideally suited for the common public who cannot afford costly health insurance plans and they can take the first step towards securing their family members with a basic cover.
- In this plan, the sum assured is in the range of Rs.50000 to Rs.75000.
- The coverage is offered for individuals in the age group of 18 to 65 years.
- The best part about the plan is that it even offers coverage for homeopathic and ayurvedic treatments along with the regular treatment.
- While the premium for this plan depends on the age and the plan chosen by the person, it is still very low and costs less than Rs.1000 in most cases.
- There is a 4-year waiting period to get coverage for pre-existing conditions and this is the best choice for low-income group people.
Appolo Munich Optima Restore Family Health Insurance Plan
- This policy offers better coverage and the minimum sum assured itself is around 3 lakhs.
- On the higher side, you can get coverage up to 50 lakhs by paying a higher premium for the policy.
- The policy offers coverage for children as young as 5 years and the maximum age of entry is restricted at 65 years. However, you can renew the policy throughout your life without any hassles.
- When you want to get coverage for pre-existing diseases, you need to wait for 3 years.
- The best part about this plan is that it offers coverage even after you have exhausted your entire sum assured during an emergency situation before the end of the policy tenure. All you need to do is to pay an additional premium to restore the sum assured value to its original level.
HDFC Health Suraksha Insurance Plan
- This policy comes with a unique benefit as there is no restriction for the maximum age of entry and it is ideally suited for senior citizens who want to take a fresh policy at that age.
- The minimum age of entry is fixed at 3 years.
- The coverage offered by the plan is in the range of 3 lakhs to 7.5 lakhs and this is a good option for middle-income group people.
- When it comes to getting coverage for pre-existing diseases, you need to wait for 4 years from the initial date of buying the insurance policy.
- The best part about this plan is that you get a discount of 5% for every year in which you do not make any claims for the insurance policy.
- You can continue to renew the policy lifelong without any hassles.
SBI Lifesmart Health Insurance Plan
- This plan offers coverage for individuals in the age group of 18 years to 65 years. In the case of children, the minimum age of entry is set at 3 months and this is a huge advantage for parents who want coverage for newborn babies.
- The coverage offered by this plan is in the range of 1 lakh to 5 lakhs.
- When you want to get this plan for your entire family, you can get coverage for as many as 6 members under one plan.
- The waiting period is just 28 months for pre-existing conditions.
- The unique aspect of this plan is that the premium does not increase even if you have made any claims and this remains constant for the duration of 5 years.
Happy Family Floater policy from Oriental Insurance Company
- The policy offers coverage for children as young as 3 months and the maximum age limit is set at 55 years.
- The coverage offered by this plan is in the range of 1 lakh to 10 lakhs and this provides a lot of flexibility for the consumers to choose the suitable cover as per their health needs.
- The best part about this plan is that it is ideally suited for family coverage and you can choose a maximum of 8 members under one plan.
- When it comes to getting cover for pre-existing medical conditions, the waiting period is 28 months.
- You can even get good discounts up to 20% when you have no claims for the entire tenure of the policy.
These are some of the top plans you can consider for your future health needs. You need not worry about paying hefty medical bills when you have such cover for you and your family. The small amount of premium you pay for the policy will provide lots of benefits in the long run.
You May Also Like
Top 10 Health Insurance Companies in India 2020
Updated: 16 January 2020 -
Every year, a list of top health insurance companies in India is declared which helps in taking the right insurance decision. There are few important features that help it to rate the insurance companies, such as their p...read more
Top 5 Maternity Insurance Plans
Updated: 02 January 2020 -
Maternity or pregnancy is an important phase of life, and one needs to prepare in advance to embrace parenthood. Though rearing a child is an expensive affair and may require good financial backup to meet the requirement...read more
List of Health Insurance Companies in India
Updated: 17 February 2020 -
A quiet revolution has swept through India’s health care sector in the past five years- best evidenced in the fact that now nearly 27% of the nation’s population is insured. The Indian healthcare sector is projected ...read more
Top 8 Family Health Insurance Policies in India 2020
Updated: 09 January 2020 -
From the air we breathe to the food we eat, everything is intentionally or unintentionally subjected to adulteration. Due to this, the disease rate in India is rising drastically. Naturally, more and more people are visi...read more
Health Insurance Claims Ratio- Things You Should Look Before Buying Health Insurance
Updated: 10 January 2020 -
There has always been a doubt in customers mind about whether the private company will keep its side of the bargain i.e. it will settle the claim or not. A customer spends premium annually which will cover his medical ex...read more