Apollo Munich Easy Health Floater Exclusive Plan
Apollo Munich is one of the renowned names in the Indian insurance sector, especially for health insurance. The insurer provides a range of insurance solutions to cater to the needs of different individuals. Among various health insurance policies offered by Apollo Munich, the Easy Health Floater Exclusive plan is quite popular due to its unique features.
Why do you need the Apollo Munich Easy Health Floater Exclusive Plan?
Below are the reasons for you to consider this plan from Apollo Munich while planning your finances:
- This policy offers comprehensive coverage to a family under a single policy
- Children from 91 days can be covered as well
- Family discount to be availed up to 7.5%
- A maximum of 6 members can be added to a single policy
- The plan comes with maternity benefit, recovery benefit
- Additional coverage to critical illnesses as well
- Free health check-up in every fourth continuous renewal
- Sum insured can be availed as floater basis for an extensive amount
- Online health assessment is available with ‘Stay Health Package’ for sum insured Rs. 5 lakh or above
Benefits of Apollo Munich Easy Health Floater Exclusive
The benefits offered under Apollo Munich Health Floater Exclusive plan include:
|Coverage||Sum Insured Options (in lakh)|
|In-patient Treatment Expense||Covered||Covered||Covered|
|Day Care Facility||Covered||Covered||Covered|
|Ambulance Fee||Up to a limit of Rs. 2000 (per hospitalisation)|
|Ayush Benefit||Rs.25,000||Rs. 25,000||Rs. 50,000|
|Daily cash for opting a shared accommodation||Maximum Rs. 3000||Rs. 4800||Rs. 6000 (maximum), Rs. 1000 per day|
|Daily Cash for accompanying a child that is insured||Maximum Rs. 9000||Maximum Rs. 15,000||Maximum Rs. 24,000|
|Newborn Baby||Additional cover on payment of extra premium|
|Recovery Benefit||Not covered||Rs. 10,000 (>10 days ofhospitalisation)|
|EmergencyAir Ambulance||NA||Up to Rs. 2,50,000|
|Critical Illness Rider||Optional benefit, where 50% or 100% of in-patient sum insured for covering critical illness is offered|
|Health Check-up||1% of sum insured payable every contentious three claim-free year|
|Critical Advantage Rider||Available only with a sum insured (SI) Rs. 10 lakhs or above|
Key Features of Apollo Munich Easy Health Exclusive Plan
The below features make the policy unique from the others. These include:
- Under Restoration Benefit in case the basic sum insured is exhausted, the policy will be renewed automatically to the defined SI.
- Newborn baby cover from day 1 to 91 days
- Maternity benefit covering before and after childbirth
- Aysh Treatment cover for expenses incurred due to in-patient treatment in Ayurveda, Unani, Sidha, homeopathy etc.
- Stay Active package to motive fitness and healthy lifestyle
- Pre hospitalisation expense cover for 60 days
- Post-hospitalisation expense cover for 90 days
- Day-care procedure cover
- Emergency Air Ambulance cover
Apollo Munich Easy Health Floater Exclusive Plan Inclusions
The benefits or coverage of Apollo Munich Easy Health Floater Exclusive Plan include:
|Sum Insured Options||Rs. 2 lakh-50 lakh|
|In-patient hospitalisation||Hospitalisation expenses cover for room rent, nursing expenses, ICU charge, doctor’s consultation fee, OT charges, medicine costs, laboratory fee and so on|
|Pre-hospitalisation Cover||60 days|
|Day-care Procedure||Available for treating certain illnesses that don’t require 24 hours hospitalisation such as dialysis, cataract, chemotherapy, tonsillectomy etc.|
|Domiciliary Hospitalisation||Cover the expenses incurred due to availing treatment at home after discharge, which would have otherwise required hospitalisation|
|Ambulance fee||Maximum Rs. 2000|
|Organ donor cover||Available|
|Restoration of Sum Insured||Available|
|NCB Benefit||10% for each claim-free year|
|Health Check-up Benefit||Once in every three claim-free year|
|Recovery Benefit||Rs. 10,000 in case of hospitalisation more than 10 days|
Value Added Benefits
Apart from the aforementioned benefits, this policy comes with additional benefits as well:
No Claim Bonus
No Claim Bonus of 10% is offered for every claim-free year accumulating up to a maximum of 100%. However, if the policy is claimed, NCB will be reduced by 10%.
Cashless Service at Network Hospitals
By approaching any of the network hospitals off Apollo Munch across India, you can avail cashless services in the hour of need. For availing cashless hospitalization facility you’ll require a pre-authorisation letter from the insurer. Moreover, the insurer needs to be informed 48 hours prior in case of planned hospitalisation, and within 24-hours post the admission in case of emergency hospitalisation,
Enhancement of Basic Sum Insured
At any point in time, if you feel your policy sum insured insufficient to meet your requirements, you can enhance it. However, sum insured enhancement can be possible only at the time of policy renewal, subject to no claim history during the period. If the increase is more than one grid up, a medical test is required. A fresh waiting period will also be applied.
Apollo Munich offers easy and hassle-free portability where you can switch your existing policy to Apollo Munich. This is possible at the time of renewal, which ensure the accrued benefits with the existing insurer will remain unaffected.
With the Easy Health Floater Exclusive Plan, you can earn tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act. The premiums paid towards this health insurance are exempted from a tax deduction.
Exclusions of Apollo Munich Easy Health Floater Exclusive Plan
The policy remains inactive in case of the following situations:
- No claim is entertained by the insurance provider which is raised within the initial 30 days of the policy. However, accidental claim is always a exception .
- Pre-existing illnesses are only can be covered after serving a waiting period of 3 years.
- Expenses of treating AIDS.HIV or other sexually transmitted diseases (STD)
- Mental disorder, congenital disease, expenses of cosmetic surgery, weight loss programme etc. are excluded
- Injury leading to hospitalization owing to war or war-like situation, use of a nuclear weapon, civil commotion, riot etc.
- Injury or accident due to the consumption of intoxicating substances, alcohol or drugs
- Specific illnesses like Cataract, joint replacement, Hernia, will be covered after serving 2 years of the waiting period
- Expenses of the items used for personal comfort and convenience
|Minimum Entry Age||
|Maximum Entry Age||65 years|
|Policy Tenure||½ year|
|Members to be Covered||2 adults and a maximum of 5 children can be added to a single policy|
|Premium||Based as per the age of the eldest member (floater cover)|
Apollo Munich Easy Health Floater Exclusive Claim Process
Like any other health insurance of Apollo Munich, the family floater exclusive plan can be claimed in two ways-cashless and reimbursement claim. In a cashless claim, free health services can be availed where the hospital bills are directly settled by the insurer. On the other hand, in case of a reimbursement claim, the medical bills are to be paid by the insurer initially and later a claim needs to be registered under the reimbursement category. To claim your insurance
- Immediately inform the insurer. If it is a planned hospitalisation then notify them at least 48 hours prior to the hospitalisation. You should inform the insurer within 24 hours, in case of emergency hospitalisation.
- A pre-authorisation is required in case of a cashless claim, seeking permission from the insurer.
- If the insurer approves your request, you can avail treatment free of cost. If not pay the bills initially and register a claim thereafter.
- To claim under the reimbursement category, you will need to submit the original bills along with other relevant documents
- The insurer will verify the case and settle the claim by paying up to an admissible amount.
What’re the Documents Required for Claim Settlement?
To claim Apollo Munich Easy Health Floater Exclusive plan, you’ll require to submit:
- Duly filled and signed claim form
- Discharge certificate
- Police FIR if it is an accidental claim
- A filled Pre-authorisation signed by the treating doctor
- Medical report on the nature of the illness duly signed by the doctor
- Original bills of medicines
- Original hospital bill and receipts
Apollo Munich Easy Health Floater Exclusive Plan Renewal Process
Renewing health insurance with Apollo Munich is convenient and hassle-free. To renew your existing plan visit the official website of Apollo Munich
- Go to the ‘policy renewal’ option
- Login with the registered ID and Password or with the policy number
- Provide necessary information
- Calculate the premium and pay it online through credit/debit card or net banking
The renewal terms of this plan include:
- Easy Health Floater Exclusive Policy comes with lifelong renewability. So, there is no policy ceasing age
- 30 days grace period is offered in case the actual renewal date is missed
- On every renewal, the applicable waiting periods get reduced by 1 year
- Premiums at the time of renewal are subject to change as per the prior approval of IRDA. However, the insured has to be informed in advance (usually 3 months at least) in case of any change in this regard.
How to Buy Apollo Munich Easy Health Floater Exclusive Plan Online
Buying Apollo Munich health floater exclusive plan is easy. You can choose to buy online as well which not only saves your time but also money. Online insurance offers a policy comparison facility where you can compare different policies and can pick the best one that suits your budget and requirement. You can compare the plans with Apollo Munich Floater Exclusive plan as well and buy after being fully satisfied with the research. In order to buy online
- Visit the official website of the insurer
- Brose over the different types of health insurance policies available
- Select the one you prefer and compare with the others
- Go to the ‘Buy now’ option
- Pay the premiums online through credit/debit card or using net banking
Documents Required for Buying Apollo Munich Easy Health Floater Exclusive Plan
To buy Apollo Munich Easy Health Floater Exclusive plan, the following documents need to be furnished:
- Age proof: Adhaar Card, PAN Card, Passport, birth certificate etc.
- Identity proof: Passport, Voter’s ID, Adhaar Card, PAN Card etc.
- Income Proof: Employment certificate, Salary slip, Form 16
- Address Proof: Bank account statement, utility bill, Driving License, Passport, Voter’s ID
- Medical Test report if requires
- Passport size photographs
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
- Bharti AXA Health Insurance
- Cholamandalam Health Insurance
- Digit Health Insurance
- Edelweiss Health Insurance
- Future Generali Health Insurance
- HDFC Ergo Health Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance
- Kotak Mahindra Health Insurance
- Liberty Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance
- Max Bupa Health Insurance
- National Health Insurance
- New India Health Insurance
- Oriental Health Insurance
- Raheja QBE Health Insurance
- Reliance Health Insurance
- Religare Health Insurance
- Royal Sundaram Health Insurance
- SBI Health Insurance
- Star Health Insurance
- Tata AIG Health Insurance
- United India Health Insurance
- Universal Sompo Health Insurance
- Can Health Insurance Save you From Cancer Expenses?
- Why Critical Illness Cover is Important in the Basic Term Insurance Plan?
- National Insurance- Varishtha Mediclaim Policy for the Golden Years
- Things to Know Before Picking a Health Insurance Plan
- Health Card vs. Health Insurance with OPD Coverage
- India's Great Healthcare Challenge, Also an Opportunity
- Savings Calculator
- Income Tax Calculator
- Human Life Value Calculator
- Pension Calculator
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator