HDFC ERGO Easy Health Individual Standard Plan
Easy Health Individual Standard Plan offers protection against unforeseen medical expenses. It is a comprehensive health insurance plan that covers the cost of medical treatment for certain diseases and in-patient hospitalization expenses including accidental cases. The sum insured is on an individual basis and there are various optional benefits for specific critical illnesses.
Optional Covers Available in HDFC ERGO Easy Health Individual Standard
Critical Illness Cover
The sum insured for Critical Illness ranges from 50% or 100% of the basic sum insured up to a maximum of Rs. 1 lakh. You can opt for an additional cover for Critical Illness which covers for
- First heart attack (myocardial infarction)
- coronary artery (bypass) surgery
- Kidney failure (end-stage renal disease)
- Major organ transplantation
- Multiple sclerosis
Critical Advantage Rider
This plan offers Critical Advantage Rider benefit for Sum Insured above Rs. 10 lakh. It is available to an individual or family but on individual Sum Insured basis. It allows worldwide coverage at the network hospitals for the listed 8 major illnesses:
- Heart Valve surgery
- Live Donor Organ Transplant
- Coronary Artery by-pass surgery
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Pulmonary artery graft surgery
- Aorta Graft Surgery
It covers the cost of healthcare services worldwide and also the travel costs for the policyholder and accompanying relative. It also offers compensation for a second medical opinion, accommodation expenses, and post-hospitalization expenses.
Discounts Applicable in HDFC ERGO Easy Health Individual Standard Plan
The plan offers the following discounts to the insured/proposer:
- If 2 members are covered under the same plan then there is a 5% family discount under Easy Health Individual Health Insurance Plan
- If 3 or more members are covered under the same plan then there is a 10 % family discount.
- 5% Discount on purchase of a 2-year plan
Exclusions of HDFC ERGO Easy Health Individual Standard
The insurance company will invalidate your claim under the following circumstances:
- Any illness that is diagnosed in the initial 30 days from the inception except for accidental injuries. Check policy wording for details.
- Claim made for any pre-existing diseases before completion of 3 years waiting period
- Congenital diseases
- Weight control treatments
- Specific ailments such as hernia, cataract, surgery of hydrocele, joint replacement surgeries, etc. which cannot be insured before two years
- Any illness, injury or hospitalization arising due to war conditions
- Cosmetic surgery
- Treatment for HIV and AIDS
- Mental disorder or insanity
- Overdose of intoxicating drugs and alcohol
- Perils related to war and war-conditions
- Expenses incurred on dental surgeries, pregnancy, external aids, and appliances unless specifically covered
Please refer to the Policy Wording for the complete list of exclusions.