National Insurance Mediclaim Policy
Mediclaim Policy by National Insurance protects you against all medical expenses. It covers hospitalization expenses incurred because of disease or injury arising out of uncertain event.
Key Features of National Insurance Mediclaim Policy
- This policy covers 140+ day care procedures and surgeries
- Pre-hospitalization charges up to 30 days and post hospitalization expenses up to 60 days
- Medical practitioner and surgeon fees up to 25% of sum insured
- Ambulance charges up to 1% of sum insured or Rs 2000
- Cost of health checkup will be reimbursed at the end of 4 claim free years
Benefits of National Insurance Mediclaim Policy
- Cumulative Bonus: On every renewal sum insured will be increased by 5 % if the insured hasn’t filed any claim in past years.
- Family Discount: Discount up to 10% on premium is provided if the insured covers one or more family members.
- Tax Benefit: Available under section 80-D of income tax.
This National Insurance Mediclaim Policy is also available for Senior Citizens.
Details about Premium
Sum insured can be chosen in the range of Rs 50,000 to 5,00,000 as multiples of 25,000. The premium will depend on the age and sum insured chosen. Premium should be paid in full before the commencement of the policy.
National Insurance Mediclaim Policy Details
- Minimum Sum Insured - Rs 50,000
- Maximum Sum Insured - Rs 5, 00,000
- Policy Period : Policy is issued for 1 Year
- Enhancement of Sum Insured: Sum insured can only be increased at the time of renewal.
- Grace period: if the premium payment is due, grace period of 30 days is given. During this period coverage is not applicable.
Documents Required for National Insurance Mediclaim Policy
Proposer needs to fill an application/proposal form to buy national insurance mediclaim policy. Pre-policy checkup is necessary for persons above 50 years. Company might ask proposer to submit medical report.
Eligibility Criteria for National Insurance Mediclaim Policy
- People aged from 18 - 65 years can be covered under this policy. Dependent children in the age limit of 3 months to 18 years can be covered under this policy
- Senior citizens can also be covered under this policy
National Insurance Mediclaim Policy Inclusions
- Expenses for Ayurveda and homeopathy are covered up to 20% of sum insured.
- Cashless facility is available over 6000+ hospitals in India.
National Insurance Mediclaim Policy Exclusions
- Cost of spectacles and dental treatment is not covered.
- No claim will be paid for first 30 days except any injury arising out of uncertain event.
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance
- Apollo Munich Health Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
- Bharti AXA Health Insurance
- Cholamandalam Health Insurance
- Digit Health Insurance
- Edelweiss Health Insurance
- Future Generali Health Insurance
- HDFC Ergo Health Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance
- Kotak Mahindra Health Insurance
- Liberty Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance
- Max Bupa Health Insurance
- National Health Insurance
- New India Health Insurance
- Oriental Health Insurance
- Raheja QBE Health Insurance
- Reliance Health Insurance
- Religare Health Insurance
- Royal Sundaram Health Insurance
- SBI Health Insurance
- Star Health Insurance
- Tata AIG Health Insurance
- United India Health Insurance
- Savings Calculator
- Income Tax Calculator
- Human Life Value Calculator
- Pension Calculator
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator