Honda Activa Insurance
Most the Indian households have a Honda vehicle in their homes. Honda is one of the most selling two-wheeler providers including Scooters, bikes, Activa, etc. It is a subsidiary of Honda Motor Company Limited, Japan, and began its operations in India in May 2001 at Manesar, Haryana. Honda Activa offers high-quality and sturdy to its customers. Two-wheelers are more vulnerable to risks on the road.Read more
Therefore, it is imperative to get an adequate two-wheeler insurance policy for Activa as well.
5 Popular Honda Activa Models with Insurance Cost
Honda Activa Model (2019)
Estimated IDV (Rs.)
Estimated Annual Premium for Comprehensive Activa Insurance
35, 401 approx.
37, 751 approx.
43, 072 approx.
(The above table is for reference purpose only. Your Honda Activa Insurance cost may vary based on IDV, zero dep. and various other factors)
Reasons to buy Activa Insurance for Honda Activa
Activa Insurance is the most convenient and affordable option to cover up the risks while driving on road. If you buy Honda Activa insurance policy, you can avail the following benefits -
- A comprehensive plan that provides own damage and third-party cover
- Cashless repair at network garages
- Claim settlement or reimbursement within a week
- No-claim-discount on every claim-free year (regardless of claims arising for the repair of plastic, fiber, glass and rubber parts)
- Emergency roadside assistance
- Third-party liability coverage
- Coverage available to both the driver and the passengers
Inclusions of Honda Activa Insurance
Third-party Insurance Policy for Activa
It is the basic third party bike insurance policy that you can buy for your Honda Activa. It will cover for damages caused to a third-person, property and vehicle.
Comprehensive Insurance Policy for Activa- It will cover the following loss or damage caused to the insured vehicle-
- Accidental damage
- Loss or damage caused due to housebreaking or theft
- Damage due to fire and explosion
- Damage caused by lightning
- Riots and strikes
- Earthquakes, floods, typhoons, storms, rockslide, landslide and cyclone
- Damages from terrorism and malicious activities
- Losses suffered during transit by road, rail, inland waterway, air etc.
- Third-party liability coverage for property damage, bodily injuries, and vehicle damage
Personal Accident Cover
Personal accident protection is provided to the owner/driver up to Rs 15 lakh. You can also get it for pillion riders by paying an additional premium.
Honda Activa Insurance Add-on Covers
The comprehensive two-wheeler insurance plan includes various add-on covers like personal accident cover, roadside assistance, No-claim-bonus protection, engine secure to offer you maximum protection in case of accidental injuries or collision.
- Roadside Assistance Cover- 24 hours roadside assistance cover comes in handy if the Activa breaks down in the middle of the road. - This includes services like towing, change of flat tyre, battery jumpstart, refuelling, and so on. If you are stuck in any such situation, the insurer will provide assistance on-the-spot.
- Zero Depreciation cover- This add-on cover allows you to claim the total cost of replacement of bike parts in case of an accidental damage. The depreciation on the damaged parts is not deducted from the bike insurance claim amount. Thus, it helps you save a huge amount.
- Consumable expenses- With Consumables Cover, the insured can claim for the small consumable expenses that are incurred on the replacement and repair of nut, bolts, screw, oil etc.
- No-Claim-Bonus protection- If you have not made any claim during your policy period, you are entitled to a No Claim Bonus (NCB) on your insurance premium. The NCB benefit can be availed for subsequent years up to a maximum of 50%. When NCB bonus becomes zero if a claim is made, with No-Claim-Bonus Protection Cover the earned NCB can be protected.
Honda Activa Insurance Exclusions
Under the following situations, your claim will not be validated-
- Normal wear and tear
- Mechanical and Electrical Breakdown (unless accidental) /failures)
- Any consequential loss
- Driving under the influence of drugs and liquor
- Honda Activa tube or tyre damage other than accidental damage
- Occurrences outside the geographical limits
- Events at the hand of an unauthorized driver
- Damage resulting due to war conditions or nuclear damage
- Driving without any authorized driving license
How to buy bike insurance online for Honda Activa?
Nowadays, almost everyone purchases their Activa insurance online. To buy your Honda Activa Insurance online you can check Policybazaar Activa insurance page on their website and follow the simple steps:
- Firstly, provide the details regarding your vehicle, City of registration, manufacturing year, make and model etc.
- Select the type of insurance policy you want to buy for your Honda Activa i.e. third-party or comprehensive
- Check the add-on like zero depreciation cover, PA cover for riders, etc.
- Select the IDV
- You will get Activa insurance quotes from different insurers
- You can select the one that works for you and make the payment online
- Your Honda Activa insurance policy will be mailed to you or you can download the same
How to do Honda Activa Insurance Renewal Online?
For Honda Activa insurance renewal online by visiting the official website of the insurer or through Policybazaar. Fill all the required fields in the form and make the payment online. You will get the renewed Activa insurance policy instantly and can download it. It will also be emailed to you on your registered email id.
Honda Activa Insurance Renewal Online
- Go on the Policybazaar Activa insurance online renewal option and fill the form
- Submit details like – policy number, your name, registration number, chassis number, mobile number, email ID.
- Compare different quotes for Honda Activa insurance renewal price
- Once the form is submitted and payment is made, the policy will be renewed instantly. You can download the policy document and can receive the PDF copy over email
- You will get a printed copy of the vehicle insurance as well
How to file a Activa Insurance Claim?
For cashless claims settlement, the procedure is as follows -
- In case of an accident or damage to your Activa, intimate the insurer at their helpline number (which is accessible round the clock)
- The damaged vehicle will be surveyed by the motor insurance company and a loss or damage assessment will be compiled within 2 days
- The insurer estimates the amount and confirmed before it is sent to the workshop for claim settlement
For Reimbursement, the claim settlement procedure is as follows -
- Inform the insurer about the incidence at their helpline number
- The damaged Activa will be surveyed by the experts
- They will compile the assessment report within 48 hours of the survey
- Submit all the required documents – Claim form, driving license, vehicle registration certificate (RC), a copy of FIR to claim theft, third-party damage, and bodily injuries.
- The claim will be processed, approved and settled
Documents Required for Activa Insurance Claim
In case of an accident the insured may ask for the following documents during the claim settlement process:
- Claim form that is signed and filled by you
- Driving License
- Activa registration book
- KYC details if the damage exceeds Rs 1 Lakh
- FIR report from Policy is it involves fire, 3-party injuries, property damage and death
- Repair Estimates
- Repair bills
- Payment Receipts
- Additional documents may be required for commercial vehicles
Additional documents required for Activa Theft Claims
- Original Registration Certificate
- Original Activa Insurance Policy documents
- Keys / Purchase Invoice
- Police FIR
- Non-Traceable Report
- Letter of Subrogation
- NOC from the Financer
- RTO letter declaring the Insured Activa as ‘No Use’
Honda Activa Insurance FAQs
Ans: The two types of policies are as follows –
- Two-Wheeler Package Insurance - It covers accidental damages, bodily injuries as well as third-party damages/death. This is an annual policy.
- Multi-year Two-Wheeler Package Policy – It offers coverage for 2 to 3 years. By paying the premium just once, you are secured for 2 to 3 years. Moreover, you don’t need to renew the policy every year.
Ans: It covers disabilities and the unfortunate death of the owner/driver due to a road accident. However, you can also buy this benefit for co-riders, paid driver by paying an extra amount of premium. It basically depends on the type of two-wheeler policy you have purchased.
Ans: It will compensate the cost of consumables such as – nut and bolt, engine oil, grease, brake oil, lubricants, oil filter, grease, washers etc. that are otherwise not covered in a basic bike insurance policy.
Ans: The premium payable for your Honda bike/motorcycle/ scooter depends on the following factors-
- Geographical zone
- Cubic capacity of your two-wheeler’s engine
- Age of the two-wheeler
- Insured Declared Value
Ans: Yes, the policy can be renewed and purchased online.
Two Wheeler insurance articles
11 Jan 2023In India, third-party bike insurance is a mandatory requirement
06 Jan 2023Unlike a fuel bike, electric two-wheelers are easy to ride and
06 Jan 2023Riding a dirt bike is an enjoyable experience for many people
30 Dec 2022Amid the rising number of bike insurance fraudulent cases such
28 Dec 2022If you are planning to buy bike insurance online, you must have