- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 100%Free Health Check-up
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
We promise limited calls
Top Up health Insurance and Mediclaim Policy Cover
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 14857 -
Modified 26 September 2017
Top Up health Insurance
World is growing, technology is advancing, diseases are growing and also there treatment. Are you satisfied with your medical insurance plan? Does it provide proper cover in this era of inflation? If your answer is no then a top-up policy is all that you need to buy. It is like the stepney supporting you after the sum insured limit of your health insurance is exhausted. Extending your threshold limit without making any holes in your pocket, many insurance companies have come up with top-up policies like- Apollo Munich, HDFC ERGO, ICICI Lombard, Bajaj Allianz.
It is kind of an additional cover offered by insurance companies to help you when you are out of your threshold limit. Let’s understand this with an example –
In case your health insurance provides a cover of Rs.5 lakh rupees and you top-up plan provides you cover of Rs. 7 lakh. The top-up amount comes in use only after the threshold limit is crossed. So, if you have a claim of Rs. 8 lakh then first of all base policy of Rs. 5 lakh will be used and the left over Rs.3 lakh are given from the top-up plan. But, in case, your claim is more than Rs. 12lakh then the left over amount is to be paid from your pocket.
Top-up plans are cheaper than the basic health insurance. These can also be taken long with the health cover provided by the employer. Many people get confused considering the riders and top-up as the same. Actually, top-up plans are just the indemnity plans with regular cover. Building gap between the policies, cover and costing, these top up plans of higher deductibles are generally cheaper than your basic health insurance.
- Most Read
- What are the Benefits of Buying Insurance Online?
Date: 13 October 2017
- 4 Things You Shouldn’t Ignore While Buying Maternity Plans
Date: 13 October 2017
- 10 Special Tax Benefits for Senior Citizens
Date: 29 September 2017
- How to Choose the Best Health Insurance Policy in India
Date: 28 September 2017
- How a Family Floater Health Plan Can Be The Saviour of Your Family?
Date: 26 September 2017
- Best Health Insurance Plans in India
Views : 328476
- Top 10 Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 133876
- List of Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 131948
- Top 5 Maternity Insurance Plans
Views : 77533
- Health Insurance Claims Ratio- Things You Should Look Before Buying Health Insurance
Views : 57729