HDFC ERGO Comprehensive Bike Insurance Policy
HDFC ERGO's comprehensive bike insurance policy is a complete package that protects your bike from several unforeseen risks, including third-party liabilities in a road accident. With it, you can also buy add-on covers to enhance the policy coverage.
Benefits of HDFC ERGO Comprehensive Bike Insurance Policy
The HDFC ERGO comprehensive bike insurance policy offers you both 'Own Damage' and 'Third Party' coverage in a single policy. Hence, this policy acts as an extensive protection shield from several damages, including loss/damage due to theft, fire, total loss, natural calamities, and man-made disasters.
Additionally, you can enhance the policy coverage by purchasing several add-ons of your precious possession.
Difference between HDFC ERGO Comprehensive & Third-party Bike Insurance
The following table states the difference between comprehensive and third-party bike insurance policies offered by HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company-
|Point of Basis||Comprehensive Bike Insurance||Third-party Bike Insurance|
|Type of coverage||Offers broader coverage as own damages & third-party damages are covered.||Only covers third-party liabilities caused by insured’s vehicle.|
|Add-on covers||Multiple add-ons like emergency roadside assistance, zero depreciation cover, etc. available.||Add-ons are not available.|
|Premium amount||A little expensive as it gives wider coverage than usual.||Affordable than comprehensive plan as it offers limited coverage.|
|Nature of requirement||Not mandatory||Mandated by law|
HDFC ERGO Comprehensive Bike Insurance Plan Coverage
An HDFC comprehensive bike insurance protects the policyholders against the following instances-
- Covers third-party liabilities, including bodily injury, death and property damage caused by the insured's bike.
- Damages due to fire, explosion, lighting, or self-ignition.
- Loss caused by natural calamities like earthquakes, floods, etc.
- Loss or damages caused by man-made disasters like riots, strikes, etc.
- Coverage for the theft of the vehicle.
- Damages caused to the insured bike in road accidents.
Exclusions of HDFC ERGO Comprehensive Bike Insurance
HDFC ERGO comprehensive bike insurance does not provide coverage for the following instances-
- Loss or damage due to depreciation.
- Loss or damage due to mechanical/electrical breakdown.
- Damages were caused when the insured was driving without a valid DL, RC, PUCC, and bike insurance policy.
- Damages are caused when the insured is driving in an intoxicated state.
- Any consequential losses.
*Disclaimer- Kindly refer to the policy wordings to understand the exact policy coverage.
FAQs about HDFC ERGO Comprehensive Bike Insurance
Ans: Yes. You can buy it from Policybazaar.com and issue a policy without any hassles.
Ans: Yes. You can easily purchase this add-on cover with your HDFC ERGO comprehensive bike insurance policy.
Ans: For two-wheelers, 2000+ network garages are available across India.
Two Wheeler insurance articles
03 Nov 2023Bike insurance is an essential financial safety net in case of
03 Nov 2023Among all the bike insurance add-ons available in the market
25 Oct 2023When claiming on your bike insurance policy, you always look for
17 Oct 2023Tropical cyclones are prevalent, causing a huge loss of human
13 Oct 2023For two-wheeler owners, adequate coverage is crucial to keep